✟34,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
tollytee said:
These were ALCU legal obeservers (read college students). The ACLU stopped using them once they realized that many were harrasing the Minutemen. These people stuck around and are basically a rogue group that isn't associated with anyone even though they still wear the t-shirts.

My source? The spokesperson of the Minutemen was on Hannity yesterday.

Reactions: k
Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
kermit said:
These were ALCU legal obeservers (read college students). The ACLU stopped using them once they realized that many were harrasing the Minutemen. These people stuck around and are basically a rogue group that isn't associated with anyone even though they still wear the t-shirts.

I heard the same thing.

Hmmm. Since tollytee and redneck are fairly intelligent people, could one draw the conclusion that smart conservatives don't listen to Hannity?

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

OhhJim said:
I heard the same thing.

Hmmm. Since tollytee and redneck are fairly intelligent people, could one draw the conclusion that smart conservatives don't listen to Hannity?

I don't really like Hannity all that much. My favorite radio show host is:

savagepic.jpg
:D

Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
OhhJim said:
I heard the same thing.

I really don't like Hannity. He is a repetitive parrot, IMO. Even when his 'opposing' guest makes a good point that refutes Hannity's point, he keeps repeating the same mantra. Also, he doesn't ask questions without loading them with his viewpoint first. This does not allow a response which enlightens the listener.

I used to like Limbaugh, albeit for entertainment purposes primarily, he has become a self-centered blowhard and self-promoter.

Savage is sometimes good, sometimes not. I really wish Dennis Miller would get three hours in the afternoon. He would be great and funny, IMO.

BTW, Jim, only 'fairly intelligent'? I am hurt.;)

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OhhJim said:

Hannity is overrated. I can barely watch his show. I haven't listened to Limbaugh in years. Coulter is a fool. Dennis Miller is my conservative mouthpiece of choice.

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

tollytee said:
I really don't like Hannity. He is a repetitive parrot, IMO. Even when his 'opposing' guest makes a good point that refutes Hannity's point, he keeps repeating the same mantra. Also, he doesn't ask questions without loading them with his viewpoint first. This does not allow a response which enlightens the listener.

I used to like Limbaugh, albeit for entertainment purposes primarily, he has become a self-centered blowhard and self-promoter.

Savage is sometimes good, sometimes not. I really wish Dennis Miller would get three hours in the afternoon. He would be great and funny, IMO.

BTW, Jim, only 'fairly intelligent'? I am hurt.;)

A lot of the local hosts are really good. Kirby Wilbur is a member of the WAC too! :D John Carlson is interesting sometimes. The best local guy is Bryan Suits.

I also listen to Matt Drudge and Laura Ingraham.

Drudge cracks me up a lot. ^_^

Ingraham is pretty funny too.

Rusty Humphries is as cool as Michael Savage though in a different way.

SoupySayles said:
Hannity is overrated. I can barely watch his show. I haven't listened to Limbaugh in years. Coulter is a fool. Dennis Miller is my conservative mouthpiece of choice.

Walter Williams is cool.

I've also ordered a couple of Ken Hamblin's books. :)

I'm diverse! :D

Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Rusty used to be on our AM station but moved north a while back. We got in his place some guy named Bill Manders. I am not real happy with him, he badmouths things he really doesn't know alot about.

Rusty was pretty cool. His wife got sick a while back, I hope she is doing better. Rusty and his wife did alot of community service events and helped alot of people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paula

Veteran
Oct 15, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,178.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
According to the blog of a Phoenix reporter embedded at Camp Middleman, the original photos were taken in Naco by an Arkansas couple who witnessed the ACLU pot smokers. These photos were later turned over to Jim Gilchrist, one of the MMP supervisors. I'm just dying to know where the original photos are now. Might they be in the hands of the Cochise County Sheriff?

Reporter's Blog said:
Just then, Jay comes over to get a dub of the Barton interview...he heads back to the RV, I head back to my room to edit the audio to send out to KFYI, the Clear Channel News Network and producers of various talk shows.....I end up having dinner with Jim Gilchrist at the chow hall...tonight it's spaghetti....as we sit and talk, someone brings him an envelope...inside, color pictures of the legal observers rolling their own, and smoking their own.....Just by looking at the pictures you can't tell if it's marijuana or tobacco....but, inside there's also a handwritten letter from an Arkansas couple who claim they took the pictures at one of the rallies last week in Naco and that they smelled marijuana coming from the three young legal observers...Jim hasn't decided what to do with the pictures and story.
Jay Lawrence stops by and looks at the pics...he starts laughing....Jim has to leave, he's headed out on a night patrol...Jay and I chat for a bit....he turns in early since he has to head out early tomorrow morning....I head back to the room and read a little before I go to bed...more stations to service first thing in the morning.....Have a good night!!!!

http://www.kfyi.com/minuteman.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
kermit said:

Thanks for clearing that up...and it's a perfect example of how dis/mis-information can lead to a LOT of misunderstandings.

And another reason why WND is about as reliable as taking a Big Wheel on the autobon and expect to go with the flow of traffic.:)

Upvote 0