Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the most difficult injuries to bear is indeed the pain of false accusations. It is one of the most destructive and devastating things anyone could experience. Vindication is something we all cry out for when we are falsely accused. There is nothing wrong with having that desire to be vindicated. In fact, Jesus tells of the parable of the persistent widow and the unjust judge to teach us about that very point (Luke 18). Nevertheless, as Christians, “we ought meekly to bear not only a small injury, but also a good deal of injurious treatment from others. We should persevere and continue in a quite frame, without ceasing still to love our neighbour not only when he injures us a little, but when he injures us much, and the injuries he does us are great for a long time.” – Jonathan Edwards.

By looking to Jesus, we see the ultimate story of character assassination and of false accusation. Edwards expands:

“He (Jesus) meekly bore innumerable and very great injuries from men. He was the object of the spite and malice and bitter revilings of the very ones he came to save. They hated him with a mortal hatred, and wished he was dead, and from time to time endeavoured to murder him. They often actually took up stones to stone him, and once led him to the brow of a hill, that they might cast him down, and thus dash him to pieces. And yet Christ meekly bore all these injuries without resentment or one word of reproach. There was no interruption of the calmness of his mind under the heavy distress and sufferings, nor was there the least desire for revenge. But, on the contrary, he prayed for his murderers, that they might be forgiven, even when they were about nailing him to the cross. The sufferings of his life, and the agonies of his death, did not interrupt his long-suffering toward those that injured him.” – Jonathan Edwards.

From my blog:

Accusations

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the most difficult injuries to bear is indeed the pain of false accusations. It is one of the most destructive and devastating things anyone could experience. Vindication is something we all cry out for when we are falsely accused. There is nothing wrong with having that desire to be vindicated. In fact, Jesus tells of the parable of the persistent widow and the unjust judge to teach us about that very point (Luke 18). Nevertheless, as Christians, “we ought meekly to bear not only a small injury, but also a good deal of injurious treatment from others. We should persevere and continue in a quite frame, without ceasing still to love our neighbour not only when he injures us a little, but when he injures us much, and the injuries he does us are great for a long time.” – Jonathan Edwards.

By looking to Jesus, we see the ultimate story of character assassination and of false accusation. Edwards expands:

“He (Jesus) meekly bore innumerable and very great injuries from men. He was the object of the spite and malice and bitter revilings of the very ones he came to save. They hated him with a mortal hatred, and wished he was dead, and from time to time endeavoured to murder him. They often actually took up stones to stone him, and once led him to the brow of a hill, that they might cast him down, and thus dash him to pieces. And yet Christ meekly bore all these injuries without resentment or one word of reproach. There was no interruption of the calmness of his mind under the heavy distress and sufferings, nor was there the least desire for revenge. But, on the contrary, he prayed for his murderers, that they might be forgiven, even when they were about nailing him to the cross. The sufferings of his life, and the agonies of his death, did not interrupt his long-suffering toward those that injured him.” – Jonathan Edwards.

From my blog:

Accusations
Beloved one, have we not heard this:

Then he said to them, "These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." -Luke 24:44

For we also heard:

“Because of the voice of the enemy, Because of the oppression of the wicked: For they cast iniquity upon me, And in wrath they hate me.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭55:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved ones, we perceive the oppression is of the wicked. Also, the oppression is because of the of the voice of the enemy. So the enemy is the wicked. Since we heard it is said that THEY cast iniquity upon the Jesus, and in wrath THEY hate Jesus. So we consider that the enemy is not one but many, they are the wicked ones, that oppress by directing iniquity and hate.

Beloved ones, how we may be free from those who cast iniquity upon us and hate us or how we may be freed from the oppression of the wicked or the enemies.

Psalms 55:3 is part of a contemplation of David, that continues from verse one till seven.

How we may understand what David contemplated ?

Let consider what we heard:

“Give ear to my prayer, O God; And hide not thyself from my supplication.

Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise;

Because of the voice of the enemy,
Because of the oppression of the wicked:
For they cast iniquity upon me, And in wrath they hate me.

My heart is sore pained within me: And the terrors of death are fallen upon me.

Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me,
And horror hath overwhelmed me.

And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! For then would I fly away, and be at rest.

Lo, then would I wander far off, And remain in the wilderness. Selah.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭55:1-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So because of the voice of the enemy,
because of the oppression of the wicked, that Jesus, the son of David asked God to give ear to his prayer.

Also, that Jesus makes supplication to God, that God may not hide Himself because of the voice of the enemy,
because of the oppression of the wicked.

So because of the voice of the enemy,
because of the oppression of the wicked, Jesus consider God give ear to His prayer and not hide Himself, and consider how God should attend him and hear him,that he may not be restless in his complaint, and moan noisily but he may be peace in his obedience, and rejoice silently.

His heart is comforted within him: And the assurance of life liberate him.

Courage and stillness that separate him from fearfulness and trembling, and delight have unmoved him from the horror that overwhelmed him.

And he said, Oh that he had been warlike or militant ! For then would he grasp and be awaken.

Lo, then would he stay near, And remain in the city, the city of the living God. ( See for reference: Hebrews 12: 22-24 ). Selah.

So we perceive He that remains in the city of the living God, is Jesus the son of David.

Beloved ones, let us perceive and understand how God hear our prayers and how we may rightly make supplication so that He may not hide His face from us, that He may attend and hear us, that we may no longer mourn in our complaints, and make a noise;
Because of the voice of the enemy,
Because of the oppression of the wicked, that peace be in our acceptance of Christ, and rejoice silently.

To God the Father be glory and thanksgiving through Christ. Amen

Upvote 0