Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're aware he's being treated for some condition?
It is very obvious he needs to be treated. I’ve seen lots of psychotic episodes and this doesn’t likely seem like his first one

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have the credentials to send a cop to your house to make sure you are safe.

I've got no idea what that means...

Technically, I can call the police to check on my neighbor as well. I don't think one needs credentials to do that.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If all predominantly white things are to be cancelled...

should-atheism-be-cancelled01.jpg

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've got no idea what that means...

Technically, I can call the police to check on my neighbor as well. I don't think one needs credentials to do that.
I can have you brought to a hospital for assessment even if you tell the cops you’re fine (if you have expressed intent to harm yourself or others).

I’m a licensed professional and have seen hundreds of people in a psychotic state. It’s sad to think this man would be jailed without a psychiatric evaluation and treatment.

One cannot talk anyone out of a delusion.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can have you brought to a hospital for assessment even if you tell the cops you’re fine (if you have expressed intent to harm yourself or others).

Again...if you're aware of a danger to oneself or others, most states allow this.

I’m a licensed professional and have seen hundreds of people in a psychotic state. It’s sad to think this man would be jailed without a psychiatric evaluation and treatment.

What makes you think he won't get treatment?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What makes you think he won't get treatment?
He probably will since he is obviously delusional and was a threat to the safety of himself and others. My point is that the "Black Jesus" thing is a red herring in his case.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I've seen someone threaten to kill someone over white Jesus, not yet at any rate. I also hate that we're even talking about white/black Jesus instead of just Jesus himself.

The question seems to be of importance to activists who have a problem that European peoples would depict Christ and the saints as European. I wouldn't expect anything different of African or Asian peoples in their iconographic traditions.

Icon depictions aside, this iconoclasism isn't designed to help the Church theologically but to get it to conform to a racial narrative that doesn't belong in Christianity. The effort to get Jesus to be depicted as he might have looked historically misunderstands the point and purpose of Icons.

Upvote 0