Sep 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟4,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hey yall, this is sortof a double meaning game... while your playing you realize things that will, if you let them, help in your Christian walk...

ok, all you do is jot a phrase or scripture or something else relating to Christianity that has been abused to the point of it having little to no meaning anymore

like i said, the main reason for this thread is more to remind Christians of the sayings that we become so used to <><

Read some of the things that other ppl write and take a second to reflect on them

God, I pray that through Your Holy Spirit that You would make these things that we read personal to us, and make them new and more powerful in our hearts than ever. Amen

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TCapp

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,136.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
You know, I don't think there's anything wrong with the underlying concept of the cliches posted here. I think my problem is that when people are having problems, folks will dish out cliches instead of something with real substance. It almost becomes a "band-aid"... and it makes the cliche hollow-sounding. Personally, my eyes glaze over when I'm trying to share something and someone just spills out a lot of tired, oft-repeated cliches. It's almost like they aren't acknowledging anything, but instead, acting like those silly "magic 8-balls" that you shake and a phrase comes up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hands&Feet

Sep 27, 2003
USA
✟851.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
TCapp said:
You know, I don't think there's anything wrong with the underlying concept of the cliches posted here. I think my problem is that when people are having problems, folks will dish out cliches instead of something with real substance. It almost becomes a "band-aid"... and it makes the cliche hollow-sounding. Personally, my eyes glaze over when I'm trying to share something and someone just spills out a lot of tired, oft-repeated cliches. It's almost like they aren't acknowledging anything, but instead, acting like those silly "magic 8-balls" that you shake and a phrase comes up.
LOL, yet sad, but true. I think the parable of the sheep and goats fits here. The difference between the sheep and goats being what they did and didn't do.

Love Keith Green's version of the story.

"Trust in God" has amost been reduced to brushing someone off, like: "Get over it." Yet, imagine what would happen if people really did trust Him!

WWJD: Imagine if we all stopped to contemplate what Jesus would do and then act on it.

Imagine if we actually acted like God was as awesome as He really is.

Imagine if we were all convinced that we are the hands and feet of Jesus.

Imagine of we proved to the world that God so loved them that He gave His only begotten Son, by accepting them with the same grace and unconditional love that He does. Imagine.

Imagine if we all spent ourselves on behalf of the poor and oppressed for Christmas instead of throwing money at the shallow relationships most of us have with our own families.

If this sounds negative, think how it sounds to me. Even as I post it, it has already indicted me.

Upvote 0