Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Exodus 21:1. Now these are the judgments which you shall set before them.

The Book of the Covenant
Exodus 24:

3 So Moses came and told the people all the words of the Lord and all the judgments.
And all the people answered with one voice and said, All the words which the Lord has
said we will do.
7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read in the hearing of the people.
And they said, All that the Lord has said we will do, and be obedient.

Abraham did not require the judgments from the book of the covenant; which is to say
he would always exercise righteousness and judgment that was pleasing to The Father.

Genesis 18:19. For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and judgment;
that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Genesis 26:5. because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge,
My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exodus 21:1. Now these are the judgments which you shall set before them.

The Book of the Covenant
Exodus 24:

3 So Moses came and told the people all the words of the Lord and all the judgments.
And all the people answered with one voice and said, All the words which the Lord has
said we will do.
7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read in the hearing of the people.
And they said, All that the Lord has said we will do, and be obedient.

Abraham did not require the judgments from the book of the covenant; which is to say
he would always exercise righteousness and judgment that was pleasing to The Father.

Genesis 18:19. For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and judgment;
that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Genesis 26:5. because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge,
My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.
The story of Abraham was from c. 1800 BC. The Torah was written much later. The Egyptians had a moral code preserved in various editions of the Book of the Dead. Some of the ten commandments were found therein before the Bible was written.

There is a Hebrew law of revenge, “An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.” Exodus 21:23-25, Leviticus 24:19:21. This was written in cuneiform on a clay tablet during the administration of a Mesopotamian ruler named Hammarubi c. 1800 BC.

There were some theories of law and order before the Bible. Jesus is greater than the law, for he advised nonviolence instead of attack - counter attack. Jesus advised if someone strikes you on one cheek turn and offer the other cheek.

Upvote 0