Manila
✟18,454.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I'm new here and I'm not sure if I am writing in the right category.

Just tell me what you think. I took the image from Facebook.

image.jpeg

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 274364

I disagree with the statements made. God does not prioritise physical laws, neither our skills. He made those physical laws, but in Christ we are not bound to them in every circumstance. Take healing for example, physical laws dictate that we will get sick, but God is bigger than sickness, He can heal as we pray.

Also prayer is in no way connected to effort.

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

That verse suggests that miracles occur not because of our effort "works", but due to the fact we "hear", by reading the bible that God will answer our prayers. So we ask, and we receive the answer, becaue it is God's promise to us.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

View attachment 274364
God knows how hopeless we are in ourselves, He includes us in the death of Christ and we are buried with Him through baptism. We are raised with Christ to be new creations. He gives us Christ to be our new life. God has a plan and purpose for our lives. It's often nothing like we imagine it will be and it is better than we can imagine.

On more specific prayer, we need to pray according to God's will and in Jesus's name. God can do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think. Don't limit God to your own abilities!

Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello, I'm new here
When I was at my worse, God broke the laws of physics to protect me. I took one step in faith and God handled the rest. I was very fortunate to believe at a very young age, I've always known that God is real. But I didn't follow up my faith by seeking His Word or His Face. So I ended up very hurt by various people. Eventually, I was locked up and God told me to read the Bible. After 6 months I understood what I was doing wrong and yet God still protected me. I believe that anything is possible, even breaking the laws of physics.

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2020
Manila
✟18,454.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I
When I was at my worse, God broke the laws of physics to protect me. I took one step in faith and God handled the rest. I was very fortunate to believe at a very young age, I've always known that God is real. But I didn't follow up my faith by seeking His Word or His Face. So I ended up very hurt by various people. Eventually, I was locked up and God told me to read the Bible. After 6 months I understood what I was doing wrong and yet God still protected me. I believe that anything is possible, even breaking the laws of physics.
If it's okay with you, can you describe your experience regarding the miracle/s God has done for you?

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2020
Manila
✟18,454.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I disagree with the statements made. God does not prioritise physical laws, neither our skills. He made those physical laws, but in Christ we are not bound to them in every circumstance. Take healing for example, physical laws dictate that we will get sick, but God is bigger than sickness, He can heal as we pray.

Also prayer is in no way connected to effort.

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

That verse suggests that miracles occur not because of our effort "works", but due to the fact we "hear", by reading the bible that God will answer our prayers. So we ask, and we receive the answer, becaue it is God's promise to us.
Does that mean that God can bypass the law of cause and effect for His believers? You mentioned that 'prayer is no way connected to effort.' Let's say for example, person A asked God for good grades, but he did not study, what are the chances that God will answer his prayer positively?

• Useful
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does that mean that God can bypass the law of cause and effect for His believers? You mentioned that 'prayer is no way connected to effort.' Let's say for example, person A asked God for good grades, but he did not study, what are the chances that God will answer his prayer positively?
God gave Daniel knowledge about dreams and visions. But Daniel was a firm believer so...
I think that in order for God to do anything it starts with faith, and is followed by taking action.

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2020
Manila
✟18,454.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God gave Daniel knowledge about dreams and visions. But Daniel was a firm believer so...
I think that in order for God to do anything it starts with faith, and is followed by taking action.
Thank you for answering, I have one more question if you don't mind. I have known many unbelievers being successful in their lives, and I will assume that they did not pray to God in order to succeed. For example, Person B did not pray to God, but he studied very well, and he got a high score. Does this mean that putting in effort is more efficient than praying?

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2020
Manila
✟18,454.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God knows how hopeless we are in ourselves, He includes us in the death of Christ and we are buried with Him through baptism. We are raised with Christ to be new creations. He gives us Christ to be our new life. God has a plan and purpose for our lives. It's often nothing like we imagine it will be and it is better than we can imagine.

On more specific prayer, we need to pray according to God's will and in Jesus's name. God can do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think. Don't limit God to your own abilities!
I see your point, thank you for offering your thoughts.

I agree that God can give abundantly and exceed our expectations, as you have said, because He has Heaven in store for those who are faithful. But let's talk about Earth realistically. For the sake of argument, let's say I want to become a millionaire, let's not even mention whether or not He would answer the prayer positively without great abilities.

So what are the chances that God gives 'beyond what we can imagine,' regardless of my abilities and means available to me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does this mean that putting in effort is more efficient than praying?
No it means that those riches are the only comfort many non-believers will ever receive.
Luke 6:24 But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That is different, God requires us to be diligent in our studies. But when we are talking about prayer, prayer is often for assistance in things that we have no control over.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I see your point, thank you for offering your thoughts.

I agree that God can give abundantly and exceed our expectations, as you have said, because He has Heaven in store for those who are faithful. But let's talk about Earth realistically. For the sake of argument, let's say I want to become a millionaire, let's not even mention whether or not He would answer the prayer positively without great abilities.

So what are the chances that God gives 'beyond what we can imagine,' regardless of my abilities and means available to me?
God does not work on "chances". I worked from the age of 15 until I retired a few years ago. That is how God expects us to live. However, I also had a financial miracle that equated to a years salary. It had nothing to do with my qualifications.

God is not going to give us something harmful. If a million dollars is required for a ministry that God initiates, He will supply. He will not give money to satisfy greed and selfish desires.

I suggest that you look up the life story of George Mueller. He founded an orphanage in Bristol, UK. He never asked for money. If people did give, he always gave a receipt. He trusted God alone. He employed none of the fund raising activities so common today. This is what God did:

"Not receiving government support and only accepting unsolicited gifts, this organisation received and disbursed £1,381,171[ – around £113 million in today's terms– by the time of Müller's death, primarily using the money for supporting the orphanages and distributing about 285,407 Bibles, 1,459,506 New Testaments,[ and 244,351 other religious texts, which were translated into twenty other languages. The money was also used to support other "faith missionaries" around the world, such as Hudson Taylor. The work continues to this day."

George Mueller was an evangelist, not a businessman. He prayed for provision, he did not beg for it. God never let him down

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2020
Manila
✟18,454.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God does not work on "chances". I worked from the age of 15 until I retired a few years ago. That is how God expects us to live. However, I also had a financial miracle that equated to a years salary. It had nothing to do with my qualifications.

God is not going to give us something harmful. If a million dollars is required for a ministry that God initiates, He will supply. He will not give money to satisfy greed and selfish desires.

I suggest that you look up the life story of George Mueller. He founded an orphanage in Bristol, UK. He never asked for money. If people did give, he always gave a receipt. He trusted God alone. He employed none of the fund raising activities so common today. This is what God did:

"Not receiving government support and only accepting unsolicited gifts, this organisation received and disbursed £1,381,171[ – around £113 million in today's terms– by the time of Müller's death, primarily using the money for supporting the orphanages and distributing about 285,407 Bibles, 1,459,506 New Testaments,[ and 244,351 other religious texts, which were translated into twenty other languages. The money was also used to support other "faith missionaries" around the world, such as Hudson Taylor. The work continues to this day."

George Mueller was an evangelist, not a businessman. He prayed for provision, he did not beg for it. God never let him down

So in conclusion, we pray for things related to God's ministry or for others' welfare, basically anything for the greater good, and God will answer. But for our personal desires and greed, it is more effective to achieve it through our own means and effort?

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2020
Manila
✟18,454.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is different, God requires us to be diligent in our studies. But when we are talking about prayer, prayer is often for assistance in things that we have no control over.

I see, but God rules over the things we have no control over, right? Our lives are already predestined since the beginning, and since God is good, he surely would not think of a plan that would harm us, so why not just let 'the things we have no control over' as it is. Since it is the will of God, why do we need to pray that God changes it?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So in conclusion, we pray for things related to God's ministry or for others' welfare, basically anything for the greater good, and God will answer. But for our personal desires and greed, it is more effective to achieve it through our own means and effort?
Nothing should be done for personal desires. "Seek first the kingdom of God". Let God take care of you. He knows what's best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

View attachment 274364

SCF, you need to mix with mature folks who set the example of sacrificial interceding.

Did you get the normal birth?

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have doubt that how God would answer prayer is something that can be expressed as a formula, even approximately. Foremost, God is God. God is not subject to anything we can express. But we do know about God what God revealed to us, this includes that God loves us. So this we should trust, rather than power of prayer or how God will answer our prayers. We should pray still to God, through Christ who makes it possible effectively. As God is God, really, we should leave it up to God however God would answer the prayers, trusting God's care for us.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was social prayer, and conversational prayer for praying to God in fellowship with other believers, which seemed like it could really grow. With the current circumstances I wonder if it will all become a thing of the past, with praying in isolation growing instead.

Upvote 0