• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

About my Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ibanez,
Is the question, Why does he have problems? or Why does he have diabetes?

For the most when you get type 2 have it with the lifestyle to do.You eat much unhealthy food are overweight and don`t exersice so much.That is the common cause you get type 2.You can get it too if you have many in the family too.When you get diabetes the pancreas is something wrong with.the pancreas can`t produce so much insulin that the body need if you eat much fat suger food.

Type 1 is something else.For the most children gets it but I have meet two adult people that got it when they was older.Type 1 means that the pancreas can`t at all produce insulin because of that you need insulin shots.The only cause you get type 1 (what I know) is if you family have it.Nothing with lifestyle to do.

Your father can take a bloodtest to know if he have type 2 or 1

You and your father can read http://www.diabetes.org/about-diabetes.jsp that maybe can help you both

Upvote 0

sistakrista

PLEASE, PLEASE FEED YOUR PET! THEY ARE HUNGRY!
Aug 30, 2006
by the Arch
✟11,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

1. Why does he have problems?

Why do any of us struggle? Uh, Bibically?

3And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;
4and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;
5and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
(Romans 5 NAS)

2. Why does he have diabetes?

If he's type 1, his pancreas never really worked right - if he has type 2, that is most often caused by years of not eating right, being overweight, & just basically - slowly reaping what we sowed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sistakrista

PLEASE, PLEASE FEED YOUR PET! THEY ARE HUNGRY!
Aug 30, 2006
by the Arch
✟11,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
per‧se‧ver‧ance  /ˌpɜr
thinsp.png
səˈvɪər
thinsp.png
əns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pur-suh-veer-uh
thinsp.png
ns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1.steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

and, yes that verse means we rejoice in our trials - there are these books, called DICTIONARIES!

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear IbanezUser,

I'm sorry your dad has diabetes. I have it too. It can be hard to deal with. Be assured that God loves him, and that on earth that we battle with diseases. Someday I hope there will be a cure for it.

That verse means that through our hard times we will learn to be patient and to wait on God and for God, trusting Him with our future. We don't fall away because we go through trials, we can draw closer to God because of them.

I pray for your dad that he be able to control the diabetes and any other problems he is having.

God bless you, Tapero

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.