Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can god reveal himself if he is just an entity made by the needy who need some fake being to cling to?
And that is the image of God you have created in your mind. He has revealed Himself (in ways the mind of man can never imagine) to me and to others.

No one can come to The Son unless the Father draw him (drag him)...that being spirit...no one here has the power to cause you to 'see'...though I know you have a measure of faith that He has given to each...
Why else would you bother to even be asking these questions?

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The word God is just a word; what is in this word is based upon the reality of the one whose word it is. It is the 'thought' in the mind that creates an image/idol to worship. It is the spirit that reveals the Truth (that has always been, without end or beginning) that cannot fit in a box, being it is infinite and immeasurable, outside the confines of time and space. Man measures and divides trying to prove (what he perceives he lacks) what has always been...perception is everything.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To all of you religious people who think that god is the best, and would forgive him. I have a question. Say god is this great pure being, and does no evil... Why would he send people who are misguided into not believing in him to be tortured for all eternity? You would forgive him? "Because he created us!" is not a good reason. Say you gave birth to a child, and tortured it all of it's life, would you expect it to forgive you because "you created it!"? I find all of the "facts" on here to be false. Why would you trust a book from 600 AD or multiple long documents from the past 100 years with lots of proof? Of course a sensible person would choose the new, proven research

So, am I to take this post to mean that you "feel tortured" by God? Or, that you've instead had a rough go of it in life and wonder why God would let that happen?

As to research, specifically scientific research, the thing we need to keep in mind is that "new and improved" doesn't always mean what has been concluded is really new and improved. :cool:

By the way, welcome to CF!

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why would he send people who are misguided into not believing in him to be tortured for all eternity? You would forgive him? "Because he created us!" is not a good reason.

The torture is only as long as we perceive our 'self' as something separate from God...something outside of our very being. The truth being without end or beginning (when we can 'see'/perceive it) is not that He created us, but that we be in Him and Him in us, ONE...fills ALL IN ALL. The adversary is all that is opposed to God (within us)...when our thoughts are not His thoughts...

Why would you trust a book from 600 AD or multiple long documents from the past 100 years with lots of proof? Of course a sensible person would choose the new, proven research

Though the 'book' is the narrative of our soul journey (our soul being likened to the land, two mountains, a city, a tree, a garden, two women to name a few), I trust in God and HIS word that dwells richly within my very being...THAT word being the seed that falls to the earth and dies to bear much fruit. All paths that come from heaven lead back to heaven.

The 'new and proven research' being what? Science? I see no conflict with theories of evolution and creation, for God is not confined to time and space as man perceives. HE is infinite and immeasurable, anything is possible. To measure and divided truth is to think God small and confined to the box one tries to fit Him into. And that is not God, but a perception created by thought which is really not Truth, but a lie.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
To all of you religious people who think that god is the best, and would forgive him. I have a question. Say god is this great pure being, and does no evil... Why would he send people who are misguided into not believing in him to be tortured for all eternity? You would forgive him? "Because he created us!" is not a good reason. Say you gave birth to a child, and tortured it all of it's life, would you expect it to forgive you because "you created it!"? I find all of the "facts" on here to be false. Why would you trust a book from 600 AD or multiple long documents from the past 100 years with lots of proof? Of course a sensible person would choose the new, proven research

Your question presumes a belief in a god that tortures people for all eternity. That's not a view the majority of religious people--Christian, Jew, Muslim, or otherwise--have.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If the "Lord" created science, how come science can disprove the "lord"?

Not how science works. Science deals with that which is falsifiable, non-falsifiable claims aren't under the purview of the scientific method.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0