Abortion Pro-choice? Who is making choice and for whom?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SkyWriting, being pro-choice, doesn’t apply his belief consistently to the unborn.

It's true. I have from zero to all the way up to zero control over a women's reproduction cycle. Beginning to end. How they behave is up to them, not me.
I don't know when their cycles times are, if they are menstruating, if they stop menstruating...if they use a diaphragm, none of that stuff.

I have in the past, but not these days. I used to deal with cleaning up after menstruation every month. I did that for 365 days over a decade. What a mess!
The odd thing is when you do that for someone else's health, you have to pay closer attention to the mess that they do! They don't have to stare at it and see if it's normal or not. When you're a caregiver, you do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's true. I have from zero to all the way up to zero control over a women's reproduction cycle. Beginning to end. How they behave is up to them, not me.
I don't know when their cycles times are, if they are menstruating, if they stop menstruating...if they use a diaphragm, none of that stuff.

I have in the past, but not these days. I used to deal with cleaning up after menstruation every month. I did that for 365 days over a decade. What a mess!
The odd thing is when you do that for someone else's health, you have to pay closer attention to the mess that they do! They don't have to stare at it and see if it's normal or not. When you're a caregiver, you do.
Your response has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

You’re very big into telling people to treat others how you want to be treated, but you don’t apply that to the unborn.

Your posts and arguments always ignore the unborn. You discard them as worthless and not valuable.

You’re perfectly fine with a woman killing the unborn if she wants to. Why don’t you ever ask them to treat the unborn how they would want to be treated?

The unborn humans are just as morally valuable as you are.

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your response has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

You’re very big into telling people to treat others how you want to be treated, but you don’t apply that to the unborn.

Your posts and arguments always ignore the unborn. You discard them as worthless and not valuable.

You’re perfectly fine with a woman killing the unborn if she wants to. Why don’t you ever ask them to treat the unborn how they would want to be treated?

The unborn humans are just as morally valuable as you are.

But the law does not view the unborn as "worthless and not valuable." In fact, protection for the unborn has increased. Under Roe the state could not regulate abortions in the first trimester whereas under Planned Parenthood v. Casey the state can regulate abortions at any point prior to fetal viability and beyond as long as that regulation does not pose an undue burden on the pregnant woman.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But the law does not view the unborn as "worthless and not valuable." In fact, protection for the unborn has increased. Under Roe the state could not regulate abortions in the first trimester whereas under Planned Parenthood v. Casey the state can regulate abortions at any point prior to fetal viability and beyond as long as that regulation does not pose an undue burden on the pregnant woman.
That's good to know, but your response has absolutely nothing to do with my reply to SkyWriting, which you quoted... Is there something in particular you want to discuss?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's good to know, but your response has absolutely nothing to do with my reply to SkyWriting, which you quoted... Is there something in particular you want to discuss?
If you read my post you know that I was referencing your use of "worthless and not valuable." You were using these terms in reference to SkyWriting's comments; I was simple pointing out that the law says otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you read my post you know that I was referencing your use of "worthless and not valuable." You were using these terms in reference to SkyWriting's comments; I was simple pointing out that the law says otherwise.
Well then thanks for sharing, it's certainly encouraging to hear that the law does in some situations consider the life of the unborn morally valuable!

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well then thanks for sharing, it's certainly encouraging to hear that the law does in some situations consider the life of the unborn morally valuable!
I'm surprised that you have not read the opinion. I've read it, plus Roe. Even met one time with Justice Blackmun who wrote Roe.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm surprised that you have not read the opinion. I've read it, plus Roe. Even met one time with Justice Blackmun who wrote Roe.
Oh, I'm familiar with the law, I was just humoring you since you obviously wanted to say something even though it had nothing to do with who I was writing to or what I was writing about.

But again, thanks for sharing! Hopefully though in the future people will continue to recognize the inherent moral worth and value of all human beings, not just those located outside the womb, and we can hope and pray that the law will one day reflect this Biblical truth and make abortion illegal.

Upvote 0