Abomination of Desolation - not antichrist

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Preterism is a false heretical teaching, in that the abomination of desolation as seen in Daniel has taken place already, fulfilled in 66-70 AD in the Roman war in Jerusalem.

Jesus Christ Is The Lord!

Truth7t7

It was 66-73ad. It was a 7 yr war. The temple was destroyed half way throu that war. I think Luke makes it clear enough what the AOD was. It was most definitly the 70ad Destruction. I doubt there are many Scholars who disagree with that.

Eschatology would be the most diverse and confused theology of them all. How can you claim one view is heresy when there are so many differing views?

Preterisim is a Jesuit Doctrine. My Uncle is a Jesuit and a Preterits. Considering a Jesuit is a Catholic and therefore Preterisim is a catholic doctrine, how can you call it heresy? Just because it doesn't fit your view? I don't know two people who have the same view on bible prophecy unless they choice one of many differing theologies. As for me, I think Preterisim holds good sound views based on Historical evidence and the works of scholars. Most futurist views are based in authorship on random books and preachers.

So, lets not start throwing around the heresy claims because most futurist beliefs are also heresy. There can only be one truth...Who dare be the self appointed decider of that truth? Let the evidence set the stage....

I don't care what "preterism" is.

I just know that the abomination of desolation refers to what the Roman armies did to Israel and the Temple in 66-70AD just before the great tribulation that has been going on all this time.

Ezek 14:21 makes it clear that the first four seals were sent out to desolate Israel.

Matt 24:29 makes it clear that the tribulation that began with Israel's desolation will be cut short just before the 6th seal.

Rev 7:14 makes it clear that everyone who has washed in the blood of the Lamb has endured the great tribulation.

Furthermore, the antichrist is not going to defile some future unbuilt Temple of God. That is just not true. There is no scripture that says this.
The antichrist will, however, "plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the beautiful holy mountain". (Daniel 11:45)

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Daniel 11:31
"And...shall take away the daily..." Rev. 12:11...from the time that the daily..." 1290 days

Daniel 11:36
"...the king..."

So his story begins way back before this verse.
This king is not shown as a new king coming to power.

The abomination of desolation is placed by his arms that stand on his part, but the king will exalt himself eventually.

???

Rev 12:11 says:

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Oh, wait, you mean Daniel 12:11:

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

The Roman armies surrounded Jerusalem and set up "ensigns for signs". How long did that take?

Wasn't it Josephus that said it was 66-70AD?

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what to make of Dan 12's AofD because there is no NT interp of it, and it is likely the Maccabean event. Therefore, it would not be what Jesus was refering to when he made his one reference to Dan 9. The one in Dan 9 has to do with the 1st century Judean setting, just like 2 Thess 2 does.

Mk 13 (text notes) show that the AofD can be either "he" or "it". Many bizarre things done by those desparate people in Judaism in the 7th decade could qualify, although we must remember, the house is already declared desolate in Mt 23. If you think he meant he knew they would crucify him, and was thinking about it as a done deal and was the AofD before the fact, then I think you have a point.

--Inter

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We are told about Daniel's time in Rev. 11. Both are about the close of the of the times of the Gentiles. Daniel shows this person rises at 11:21 and Rev. 11 shows there won't be an outer court area as in the past at the temple site (because that part is given unto the Gentiles).
Daniel 8 refers to how transgressors would come, but when they are come to full is when the little horn arises -as a king of fierce countenacne and understands dark sentences /riddles.

Daniel 9:27's "he" is this same little horn that arises out of the eastern piece of the four main pieces of the fallen after Alexander Greek empire.

Israel....small horn....goes east>>>
............takes the south--------

The little horn will be from Chaldea.

The abomination that maketh desolate is going to be placed by the "arms" that stand on the king's behalf.

The little horn will be from Chaldea.

This makes sense to me! We were discussing on another thread the religious system that will be in place toward the end of time. See: post # 40, by Bible2.
Mary Magdalene / Merovingian Deception Providees Keys To Unlock Satan's Great Plan

Reading everyone, posts, and connecting the dots is the key to understanding the whole picture imho.

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The apostles only interp'd Dan 9 once and it was about the calamity of the 1st century in Judea. Start with that and keep that intact, and then if you figure out something about other Daniel visions, fine, but don't disturb the foundations of the apostles.

--Inter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,408.00
Faith
Christian
Interplanner said:
Don't disrupt the 490 years, because the apostles didn't. We know this because the only interp of Dan 9 is in Mt 24 & //s about the awful events in Judea in the 1st century, 7th decade.

--Inter

Well said. Daniel wouldn't have skipped over Jerusalem's destruction in 70 CE in favor for a third. The apostles didn't.

Upvote 0