• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

ABC Bible Verses (2)

Discussion in 'Golden Eagles (age 50 or older as of 2019)' started by angelwind, Mar 2, 2015.

1. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Simul Justus et Peccator Supporter

+40,237
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    J

Matthew 28:1-6

"As it began to dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. Suddenly, there was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, his raiment as white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay."

2. *Charis*

*Charis* *Psalm 36:9*

+1,404
    Christian
    US-Constitution
    For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth
    of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
    Psalm 117:2

3. rebornfree

rebornfree Senior Veteran Supporter

+12,631
    United Kingdom
    Charismatic
    Divorced
    Love

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. I John 4 v 10

4. faithinlife

faithinlife Newbie

+5,568
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Manna

Ex. 16:31

And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

5. St_Worm2

+40,237
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    N

Daniel 4:34-37

“At the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever; for His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom endures from generation to generation. All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, but He does according to His will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of earth; and no one can ward off His hand or say to Him, ‘What have You done?’ At that time my reason returned to me. And my majesty and splendor were restored to me for the glory of my kingdom, and my counselors and my nobles began seeking me out; so I was reestablished in my sovereignty, and surpassing greatness was added to me. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise, exalt and honor the King of heaven, for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride.”

*Sorry for such a long post this time, but is it simply one of the coolest passages in Scripture (IMHO), so I decided to post all of it. At least I didn't start at the beginning of chapter 4 where this story really begins .. ;) It's definitely worth the read if you haven't done so for awhile!

6. davedajobauk

davedajobauk dum spiro spero Supporter

+27,154
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    O

Mark 10:8 (NIV)

and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

7. St_Worm2

+40,237
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    P

Matthew 5:9

“Blessed are the peacemakers*, for they shall be called sons of God."

*.............................................................Happy Are The Peacemakers - MacArthur - Listen to/read my favorite sermon on Matthew 5:9

8. BookishGirl

BookishGirl Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,016
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Q

". . . make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you."

1 Thessalonians 4:11

9. St_Worm2

+40,237
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    R

Romans 12:2
    "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."​

10. BookishGirl

+10,016
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    S

"but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame."

1 Peter 3:15-16

11. St_Worm2

+40,237
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    T

Mark 9:2-3
    "Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John, and brought them up on a high mountain by themselves. And He was transfigured before them; and His garments became radiant and exceedingly white, as no launderer on earth can whiten them."​

12. faithinlife

faithinlife Newbie

+5,568
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Understanding

Deut. 4:6

Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

13. rebornfree

+12,631
    United Kingdom
    Charismatic
    Divorced
    Victory

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 15 v 57 :clap: :bow:

14. St_Worm2

+40,237
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    W

1 John 2:15-16

"Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world."

15. *Charis*

*Charis* *Psalm 36:9*

+1,404
    Christian
    US-Constitution
    (skipping 'x')
    Romans 6:16
    Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
    his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death,
    or of obedience unto righteousness?

16. St_Worm2

+40,237
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Z

Hebrews 12:22

"You have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels"

17. BookishGirl

+10,016
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    A

"Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Galatians 3:6

18. St_Worm2

+40,237
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    B

Romans 4:5

"To the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness."

19. BookishGirl

+10,016
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    C

"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit." -- 1 Peter 3:18

20. rebornfree

+12,631
    United Kingdom
    Charismatic
    Divorced
    D

From the Lord comes deliverance.
    May your blessing be on your people.
    Psalm 3 v 8