ROCHESTER
✟7,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! I'm new to forums, so forgive my mistakes please.. I'm a 72 year old guy in Rochester, NY who has a background with websites, videos, and recently Youtube. I also have gifting in the area of Bible teaching. Last year I began an online work called Biblehowtos using written posts. Things began slowly there, so I moved to a short video format on youtube a few months ago. That may sound like this will be a promotion for that work, but it's truly not. I don't want anybody's money, or contact information, and I'm not an affiliate marketer trying to build anybody's trust. The purpose of this thread is to communicate to pastors and others in the Kingdom with a burden for world missions something that I learned by accident while promoting these Youtube videos.

I started a Google Ads campaign with a daily budget of $10 per day: Five dollars per day for each of two videos that I'd completed at the time. I set the location for the ads to anywhere in the US and Canada. I was pleased to find that the ads were averaging about $.08 for every "VIEW" (a view requires that it be watched for at least 30 seconds). That's pretty cheap, and I was excited by how many were watching my "How to study the Bible" and "How to become a Christian" videos. Anyway, that meant that in the first month ($10 per day X 30 days) my $300 bought almost 4000 views. I thought that was a good value! Then something happened in the second month that made these numbers seem small.

I learned that language isn't the issue that I thought it was. Google's translate programming now can make my subtitles appear in almost any language in the world. Knowing that, I set my next campaign to "ALL COUNTRIES" rather than just Canada and the US. I was shocked to find that my cost per view dropped to approximately a half-penny per view! Here are the actual numbers for the month of April 2022 with the same $10 per day budget: Views: 56,300. Hours watched: 2000 hours. That's for JUST one month ($300)! How does your present world missions effort compare with that? I'm sharing this because if you're a church with anyone who has or can learn youtube video skills (AKA YOUTH), please duplicate what I've done using your own message or words. The key to this is using "ALL COUNTRIES" when setting up the ad, so it's not about promoting your local church. It's about fulfilling the great commission. Also don't expect to know how many people are getting saved or maturing in Christ from the effort. It's about actively laying up treasures in heaven. Every view is in God's hands. One sows: Another waters.

Last edited: