"A Walk to Remember"

bkg

Standing for Restoration
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟8,627.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I posted this on another site a few weeks ago. And as I sit today, reflecting on the love for my ex wife, I thought maybe someone could benefit from it... It was a hard lesson, and one that I hope no one else has to learn the way I did...

This is one of my favorite movies. I suppose it could be called a chick flick, but it's a movie about unconditional love. I cry every single time I watch it, yet I want to watch it again.

Through tears this afternoon, I finally heard the true story of this movie: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4 Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; 5 it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends;

And I realize that this was the vow I took to my wife - the single greatest promise I ever made. And I broke that promise. And as I read posts on this board, I wonder how many of us take this promise to heart when we find ourselves wronged by our spouse? I didn't - at least not when I needed to.

Always remember this: Pride, self respect, dignity, arrogance, fairness - none of these have any place in love. Love rises above all of these, love overcomes all of these, love is undying. So on this Easter day, the celebration of the resurrection of Christ, take a moment to read the quote above.. let it sink in for a moment.. Let it weigh against your fears, your anger, your frustrations, and your desires. And as you reflect on your marriage, your current relation with your spouse, the current angst or wrong you feel... Remember that we are all called to love - even when others don't love us.