SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When the outbreak hit, there was of course a big scare, especially among the seniors at nursing homes. I recall a few stories about nursing homes that hadn't successfully quarantined. Sadly there were a large number of losses among residents at those homes.

This video was mainly against quarantine measures, using the gospel message to moralize death. Sorry, but, I cannot read the gospel as a mandate to kill one's grandparents -- which is obviously something that would be gravely immoral.

Meanwhile the vatican is rolling out vaccination requirements.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
When the outbreak hit, there was of course a big scare, especially among the seniors at nursing homes. I recall a few stories about nursing homes that hadn't successfully quarantined. Sadly there were a large number of losses among residents at those homes.

This video was mainly against quarantine measures, using the gospel message to moralize death. Sorry, but, I cannot read the gospel as a mandate to kill one's grandparents -- which is obviously something that would be gravely immoral.

Meanwhile the vatican is rolling out vaccination requirements.

The deaths of most of the elderly and our Veterans was due to neglect and incompetence . Governor Cuomo comes to mind. The problem with nursing homes was that the government dumped other seniors sick with Covid and took no care to segregate them.

I think there was a lot of hysteria and those who constantly harp on the science completely ignore the science when it doesn't fit their narrative.

Look at the most recent hysteria of wanting renewed lockdowns and I read this today: Mind this is the Boston Glove and NY Times both hard left news sources.

COVID-19 is once again in retreat.

The reasons remain somewhat unclear, and there is no guarantee that the decline in caseloads will continue. But the turnaround is now large enough — and been going on long enough — to deserve attention.

The number of new daily cases in the United States has fallen 35% since Sept. 1. Worldwide, cases have also dropped more than 30% since late August. “This is as good as the world has looked in many months,” Dr. Eric Topol of Scripps Research wrote last week.

The most encouraging news is that the most serious forms of COVID are also declining. The number of Americans hospitalized with COVID has fallen about 25% since Sept. 1. Daily deaths — which typically change direction a few weeks after cases and hospitalizations — have fallen 10% since Sept. 20. It is the first sustained decline in deaths since early summer.

The recent declines, for example, have occurred even as millions of American children have again crowded into school buildings.

Whatever the reasons, the two-month cycle keeps happening. It is visible in the global numbers: Cases worldwide rose from late February to late April, then fell until late June, rose again until late August and have been falling since.

The pattern has also been evident within countries, including India, Indonesia, Thailand, Britain, France and Spain. In each of them, the delta variant led to a surge in cases lasting somewhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 months.

In the U.S., the delta surge started in several Southern states in June and began receding in those states in August. In much of the rest of the U.S., it began in July, and cases have begun falling the past few weeks. Even pediatric cases are falling, despite the lack of vaccine authorization for children younger than 12, as Jennifer Nuzzo of Johns Hopkins University told The Washington Post.

The virus in retreat: Trying to make sense of COVID’s mysterious 2-month cycle

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0