Obedience to God is a MAJOR factor in how my daily life goes?

• Agree

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I never actually thought about it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Not 100% positive I'm posting this in the right place, I'm doing my best.

Just a thought / question to ponder and comment on.

Obedience to the Will of God has such a profound effect upon our lives. How much do "you" believe obedience to God plays a part in God's protection in and around your life?

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think of it as obedience, but rather as doing what is right, living in the manner that was taught by Jesus. And that is very important to me in my daily life.

Hair-splitting, probably, but for an assortment of reasons, "obedience" per se isn't something I aspire to.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think of it as obedience, but rather as doing what is right, living in the manner that was taught by Jesus. And that is very important to me in my daily life.

Hair-splitting, probably, but for an assortment of reasons, "obedience" per se isn't something I aspire to.

Biblical obedience to God means to hear, trust, submit and surrender to God and his Word.

• Agree
Reactions: By_the_Book
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matt 7 "not everyone who SAYS Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of God but he who DOES the will of My Father"

Rom 2:13 "Not the HEARERS of the LAW that will are just before God , but the DOERS of the Law WILL be JUSTIFIED"

Saved by grace - judged by works to see if the fruit is that of a "good tree" or not Matt 7 "By their fruits you shall know them"

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Belinda Cooper

I am called to be salt & light
Jul 26, 2022
Houston
✟18,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
obedience is evidence that you surrendered to God.

God can and will bless who He wants as He is decides.

Do not be distracted by the rewards/blessings but on bringing honor and glory to God Almighty. God knows the motive of why you are "obedient."

I heard Dr. Voddie say once (parapharsing)
Do you see Jesus to use or as the One who is free to use you?

• Agree
Reactions: By_the_Book
Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Stressing obedience tends to risk the path the Galatians were being encouraged to take that leads to where the Pharisees were, pride based on achievement.

Humility and gratitude seem a better fit for a Christian. Living a more Christian life would seem to be a result of allowing the Spirit to work in us and making no provision for the flesh results in its influence to decrease.

Upvote 0