Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In a different thread, I argued that if God is a se, He is not absolutely simple, because then His aseity would depend on His simplicity, which is self-contradictory. Accordingly, I argued that there are, for lack of a better way of putting it, 5 facts that together constitute "the divine essence": 3 relations of natural identity and 3 persons, with one identity and one person being the same. The 3 relations are general, particular, and haecceitic identity (An X, the X, this X). The 3 persons are the haecceities of each identity, with the haecceity of the haecceitic identity being identical to that identity :dizzy:

Anyway, the procession of the Persons and the deductive order (from the general to the particular to the haecceitic X), if symmetrically rendered in the simplest ways as graphs, gave me three, and only three, graphs. Now, let's suppose we repeat one of the graphs but leave the others but once. Let's call graph 1 "Y," graph 2 "W," and graph 3 "H." The Spirit proceeds from/through the Father and the Son, so let's mark the Spirit with the repeating graph = 3 = H, and have each successor of the nonrepeating graphs be used to indicate the procession of the Spirit. Then, to indicate the entire set of graphs of the divine essence, we would write out YHWH.

I feel like there's a way to fit all this with Joachim of Fiore's "IEUE" analysis, and the "I am that I am" concept, but I haven't totally squared away the details yet. If I can figure out a way to draw the graphs on a computer and upload them here, I will, but to outline how they are drawn, I will note that each uses 5 points either lined up, in two inverse triangles, or like a 5 on dot-faced dice, and then has lines connecting the points for the relations of procession and correspondence (e.g. there is a curved line for the point = God's general identity that has the point = the haecceity of God's general identity as its other endpoint).