Toney
✟15,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, everyone I just wanted to share a testimony that I had myself about speaking in tongues. I attend a small country non-denominational Church that believes in all the gifts of the Holy Ghost. There is a few members in my Church that can speak in tongues, and a few people interprets them.(Everyone is older people 60+)

Here's the story

4-5 years ago I was spiraling down out of control. I was having blasphemous thoughts against Jesus Christ, selling my soul etc. . .
(Not as bad, I was drowning it all out with drugs, and it bothered me not so mucj but was there)
I was at this time around 17-19 years old(I can't remember)
Living my life watching inappropriate content every night, drinking booze with my friends at party's every weekend. Smoking weed every day, taking pills and doing any other drug I could get my hands on. [Meth a few times, LSD a few times, all kinds of pills, cocaine ]

One night I couldn't get a hold of any drugs [ weed ] was my go to drug.
It was a few days that I have been without marijuana. I was
withdrawing from this. ( I know some people say that weed doesn't have a withdraw effect) In my case that was false. I was withdrawing, craving wanting it so bad. Racing thoughts, couldn't sleep , etc.

I was having very bad thoughts about Christ, and selling my soul.
I think in a moment of anger or whatever you wanna call it.
I gave in and said or thought can't really remember..
I'm ready to sell my soul to the ....dev....
A extreme fear came up over me, as I thought I just sealed my fate forever to burn in hell.( I thought I need to get into Church)

Never really attending Church at this point in my life.
The next few days the fear, guilt was with me.
Somehow this lead me to being bombarded with multiple evil thoughts, against Jesus.
Thinking stuff like "sa.... is my god now" " Your going to hell"
" &^%# Jesus etc..."
Day and night
It was the worst thing ever.
And it just kept getting worse and worse and worse.
My mom told me I could be forgiven of all things but the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
When she told me this, I tried so hard to not think a evil thought about the Holy Ghost ( I was being tormented with lots of evil thoughts day and night)

I thought a evil thought about the Holy Ghost.
Thinking now I am even more doomed because I just did the
unpardonable sin.

(Just providing the story leading up to the testimony about tongues)
This lasted for months to years.
And the whole time I have been attending this Church every Wednesday.. Sunday morning and night. I got rid of all music, computer games, didn't hang out with my buddys no more.
Stopped every drug. The fear of God and judgement became real, and I didn't want to burn in hell forever.

I was in torment, and without hope begging Christ all hours of the day for months and months, years.....

Now like I said above my Church believes in the Gifts of the Holy Ghost.
And not every time the Church doors were slung open. Did they speak in tongues,
interpret them etc.. So it wasn't like every Church day you got to hear a message being interpreted in tongues.

So begging God to send me a word from the Lord through tounges was my prayer.
I prayed and begged and wept for months and months for this.Nothing......
Thinking wow am I doomed I hope not, and just wanting a break through.
I almost gave up in asking for this all together.

Over the course of them months and months I was begging to hear from Jesus Christ.
I was praying in my mind this.
"Jesus your my Shepherd , I am your sheep"
over and over and over.

One night at Church I was praying like I always do that in my head.
over and over in mental agony wanting hope cause I didn't know for sure.

All at once this lady I know started speaking in tongues,
the whole Church fell quiet, all but the tongues being spoken.
My pastor started interpreting them
he said this

"Ye you are my sheep, I am your Shepard, you are my child"
talk about SHOUTING AND PRAISING CHRIST.

There's no way my pastor knew what I was thinking in my mind.
Just isn't possible in any way shape or form.

Speaking in tongues and interpretation are very real.
You can believe me or not, but this is the truth.

Also it wasn't like I went one night and heard this and was like oh okay.
It was months and months, without hearing anything at all.
Just simple faith, hope.

And coming back to the Church from backsliding, having these blasphemous thoughts, I have heard this message again.

This is my testimony.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello, everyone I just wanted to share a testimony that I had myself about speaking in tongues. I attend a small country non-denominational Church that believes in all the gifts of the Holy Ghost. There is a few members in my Church that can speak in tongues, and a few people interprets them.(Everyone is older people 60+)

Here's the story

4-5 years ago I was spiraling down out of control. I was having blasphemous thoughts against Jesus Christ, selling my soul etc. . .
(Not as bad, I was drowning it all out with drugs, and it bothered me not so mucj but was there)
I was at this time around 17-19 years old(I can't remember)
Living my life watching inappropriate content every night, drinking booze with my friends at party's every weekend. Smoking weed every day, taking pills and doing any other drug I could get my hands on. [Meth a few times, LSD a few times, all kinds of pills, cocaine ]

One night I couldn't get a hold of any drugs [ weed ] was my go to drug.
It was a few days that I have been without marijuana. I was
withdrawing from this. ( I know some people say that weed doesn't have a withdraw effect) In my case that was false. I was withdrawing, craving wanting it so bad. Racing thoughts, couldn't sleep , etc.

I was having very bad thoughts about Christ, and selling my soul.
I think in a moment of anger or whatever you wanna call it.
I gave in and said or thought can't really remember..
I'm ready to sell my soul to the ....dev....
A extreme fear came up over me, as I thought I just sealed my fate forever to burn in hell.( I thought I need to get into Church)

Never really attending Church at this point in my life.
The next few days the fear, guilt was with me.
Somehow this lead me to being bombarded with multiple evil thoughts, against Jesus.
Thinking stuff like "sa.... is my god now" " Your going to hell"
" &^%# Jesus etc..."
Day and night
It was the worst thing ever.
And it just kept getting worse and worse and worse.
My mom told me I could be forgiven of all things but the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
When she told me this, I tried so hard to not think a evil thought about the Holy Ghost ( I was being tormented with lots of evil thoughts day and night)

I thought a evil thought about the Holy Ghost.
Thinking now I am even more doomed because I just did the
unpardonable sin.

(Just providing the story leading up to the testimony about tongues)
This lasted for months to years.
And the whole time I have been attending this Church every Wednesday.. Sunday morning and night. I got rid of all music, computer games, didn't hang out with my buddys no more.
Stopped every drug. The fear of God and judgement became real, and I didn't want to burn in hell forever.

I was in torment, and without hope begging Christ all hours of the day for months and months, years.....

Now like I said above my Church believes in the Gifts of the Holy Ghost.
And not every time the Church doors were slung open. Did they speak in tongues,
interpret them etc.. So it wasn't like every Church day you got to hear a message being interpreted in tongues.

So begging God to send me a word from the Lord through tounges was my prayer.
I prayed and begged and wept for months and months for this.Nothing......
Thinking wow am I doomed I hope not, and just wanting a break through.
I almost gave up in asking for this all together.

Over the course of them months and months I was begging to hear from Jesus Christ.
I was praying in my mind this.
over and over and over.

One night at Church I was praying like I always do that in my head.
over and over in mental agony wanting hope cause I didn't know for sure.

All at once this lady I know started speaking in tongues,
the whole Church fell quiet, all but the tongues being spoken.
My pastor started interpreting them
he said this

"Ye you are my sheep, I am your Shepard, you are my child"
talk about SHOUTING AND PRAISING CHRIST.

There's no way my pastor knew what I was thinking in my mind.
Just isn't possible in any way shape or form.

Speaking in tongues and interpretation are very real.
You can believe me or not, but this is the truth.

Also it wasn't like I went one night and heard this and was like oh okay.
It was months and months, without hearing anything at all.
Just simple faith, hope.

And coming back to the Church from backsliding, having these blasphemous thoughts, I have heard this message again.

This is my testimony.

This sort of testimony should be normal. Many fellowships no longer have the gifts of the Spirit operating. For sure they can be abused, but God gives them for a reason, to edify and encourage the church. The way to go is to discern and correct what is false and encourage the truly gifted to speak.

Upvote 0

Caleb23

Apr 15, 2019
Toney
✟15,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This sort of testimony should be normal. Many fellowships no longer have the gifts of the Spirit operating. For sure they can be abused, but God gives them for a reason, to edify and encourage the church. The way to go is to discern and correct what is false and encourage the truly gifted to speak.
Well it sure did bring encouragement to know not all hope is lost for me during this trying time.

And I have never heard people speaking in tongues before or know any of this.
But Praise Jesus for that experience and many more.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"Backsliding" refers to people being legalistic instead of accepting Grace from Jesus.

Reactions: Caleb23
Upvote 0

Caleb23

Apr 15, 2019
Toney
✟15,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Backsliding" refers to people being legalistic instead of accepting Grace from Jesus.
When I refer to back-sliding I mean I went back watching inappropriate content again, and smoking weed for about 6 months before I had these thoughts happen to me again and I stopped it all again.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I refer to back-sliding I mean I went back watching inappropriate content again, and smoking weed for about 6 months before I had these thoughts happen to me again and I stopped it all again.

Everyone has sin in their lives. It's not called backsliding.

Reactions: Caleb23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caleb23

Apr 15, 2019
Toney
✟15,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great stuff Caleb...

How is your journey back going ?

Mine took about 7 years to feeling 'normal' again.
I have went 1 year since these thoughts have been hounding me again.
Blasphemous thoughts about Jesus the Holy Ghost and God and just other evil thoughts.
I have decided maybe I do got ocd and went on some medication. Been taking it for about 1 week now. Feel loads better so far, Praise Christ.

Just hoping and praying

Upvote 0

Abigail Enebeli

Apr 8, 2020
Benin
✟7,713.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well it sure did bring encouragement to know not all hope is lost for me during this trying time.

And I have never heard people speaking in tongues before or know any of this.
But Praise Jesus for that experience and many more.
Hey caleb,i had this same experience, as soon as I was told blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin, my thoughts kept going there... I cried for months, continually, I stopped eating, kept praying. One morning I woke up and heared in my mind "do not be afraid I am your God". I was so so happy overjoyed. The thoughts still come though, I and I try to keep what God said in mind... What about you... Are the thoughts gone completely?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 14, 2020
Federal Way
✟15,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When witnessing the speaking of tongues, I was arrogant. I said that because they do not know what they are saying, and God is the spirit of understanding, it must either be faked, or possible demonic. Later after holding this opinion, and becoming a Baptist, on tiktok I heard that such comments about tongues was blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. I lately have been doing more research, for whoever seeks shall find, and the more do so, the more fearful I am getting. Have I blasphemed against the Holy Spirit? This has been tormenting me for a month now and I need answers. The bible says that whoever speaks a word against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, and I fear that I did just that by speaking against tongues. I was so arrogant, and though I don't want to put blame, it was not being practiced biblically and when I asked about it or questioned its validity, nobody gave me a straight up answer. I was saved less than a year ago, and God has really changed my life. I have had dreams of Christ rejecting me, literally booting me out of heaven into hell like a fallen angel, and telling me "I never knew you" when I was receiving harsh but honestly righteous judgments from the Father. I am terrified. Please help me.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When witnessing the speaking of tongues, I was arrogant. I said that because they do not know what they are saying, and God is the spirit of understanding, it must either be faked, or possible demonic. Later after holding this opinion, and becoming a Baptist, on tiktok I heard that such comments about tongues was blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. I lately have been doing more research, for whoever seeks shall find, and the more do so, the more fearful I am getting. Have I blasphemed against the Holy Spirit? This has been tormenting me for a month now and I need answers. The bible says that whoever speaks a word against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, and I fear that I did just that by speaking against tongues. I was so arrogant, and though I don't want to put blame, it was not being practiced biblically and when I asked about it or questioned its validity, nobody gave me a straight up answer. I was saved less than a year ago, and God has really changed my life. I have had dreams of Christ rejecting me, literally booting me out of heaven into hell like a fallen angel, and telling me "I never knew you" when I was receiving harsh but honestly righteous judgments from the Father. I am terrified. Please help me.

Why do you think that Jesus is who He is? He loves you, forgives your sins committed in error, and considers you to be His full sibling.

If He saved Paul, who was on the way to have Christians murdered(!), you have nothing to worry about. Thank God for His mercy, love, and forgiveness. I can easily tell from your post that you are sincere, have repented and more so, are eternally forgiven.

P.S. I was a hard-core atheist before I encountered the Living Christ, arguing vehemently against all religions including Christianity, yet He healed me and forgave me entirely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You are not alone in passing overly quick judgement on what is of God and what is not. It's just as well that God is merciful and gracious. We would all be in trouble! The people that Lord Jesus rebuked were face to face with the Son of God and had witnessed demons fleeing as He cast them out. It's not so clear cut for us. It's way better to stay neutral until we are certain. There are counterfeit tongues, which does not help.

You have not committed the unpardonable sin. You were not speaking against what you knew to be the Holy Spirit. If we stop blaspheming the Holy Spirit, we are then able to be forgiven.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
P.S. I was a hard-core atheist before I encountered the Living Christ, arguing vehemently against all religions including Christianity, yet He healed me and forgave me entirely.

I would love to read your testimony. Out of curiosity: do you have it published somewhere?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would love to read your testimony. Out of curiosity: do you have it published somewhere?

No, it hasn't been published. I have it somewhere on my PC. When I find it I'll post it or write it again. Stay tuned...

Upvote 0