Highland Springs
✟15,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My copy of the Book of Revelation mentions the lamp lighting of seven churches in Asia, the continent most famous for contemplation or mysticism. The Book of Revelation contains the most mystical overtones of any book of the Bible.

The seven Churches in English:

Ephesus - pronounced F is Us, they have forsaken the love they had at first. This could symbolize the heart before conditioning, unconditional love. It could help the Christian during prayer and contemplation upon God to surrender emotions other than unconditional love. The Church is being lamp-lit or unsealed in failing anything that seems mystical.

Smyrna - Smyr is pronounced Smeer, N/A is symbolic of Not Applicable. A branch of the seven churches without flaw.

Pergamos or Pergamum - a sharp double edged sword is referenced, which could be symbolized by the two spellings of the word. Per Gam Os or Per Gam Um. PR Game Us or PR Game, Um? Does anyone need any good PR? This could be about End Times criticism of Christians putting their PR into question.

Thyatira - a thyatir is spelled if the last a is thrown behind the word. The Church in A Theater. Modern Hollywood and popular media as a "Church" to be unlocked.

Sardis - Soured Is. There are some even in Sardis that have not soiled their clothes. The Church in those who Are Soured to Christianity.

Philadelphia - File a D, Elf I A. There is probably more to Philadelphia than this. File my inference a D in scriptural wisdom, if I'm an Elf or a fair one I get an A overall.

Laodicea - neither hot nor cold cold nor hot only lukewarm, God is about to spit them out. Their name if the a is pulled back spells alaod ice... pronounced allowed ice, if they are the fluctuating temperature extremes of Global Warming they barely allowed the ice to continue. Their lukewarm attitude allowed ice to melt.

• Informative
Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,017.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
My beliefs....

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My copy of the Book of Revelation mentions the lamp lighting of seven churches in Asia, the continent most famous for contemplation or mysticism. The Book of Revelation contains the most mystical overtones of any book of the Bible.

Asia, here, does not refer to the continent of Asia, but to the Roman province of Asia.
image010.jpg

As you can see, the Roman province of Asia was located on the Western portion of what is today modern Turkey, it contained several other provinces, such as Galatia and Cappadocia. The seven churches were seven Christian communities located in that province.
Seven_churches_of_asia_1.jpg

Ephesus - pronounced F is Us, they have forsaken the love they had at first. This could symbolize the heart before conditioning, unconditional love. It could help the Christian during prayer and contemplation upon God to surrender emotions other than unconditional love. The Church is being lamp-lit or unsealed in failing anything that seems mystical.

Smyrna - Smyr is pronounced Smeer, N/A is symbolic of Not Applicable. A branch of the seven churches without flaw.

Pergamos or Pergamum - a sharp double edged sword is referenced, which could be symbolized by the two spellings of the word. Per Gam Os or Per Gam Um. PR Game Us or PR Game, Um? Does anyone need any good PR? This could be about End Times criticism of Christians putting their PR into question.

Thyatira - a thyatir is spelled if the last a is thrown behind the word. The Church in A Theater. Modern Hollywood and popular media as a "Church" to be unlocked.

Sardis - Soured Is. There are some even in Sardis that have not soiled their clothes. The Church in those who Are Soured to Christianity.

Philadelphia - File a D, Elf I A. There is probably more to Philadelphia than this. File my inference a D in scriptural wisdom, if I'm an Elf or a fair one I get an A overall.

Laodicea - neither hot nor cold cold nor hot only lukewarm, God is about to spit them out. Their name if the a is pulled back spells alaod ice... pronounced allowed ice, if they are the fluctuating temperature extremes of Global Warming they barely allowed the ice to continue. Their lukewarm attitude allowed ice to melt.

No. That's not how this works.

These were seven actual cities in which were located Christian communities; St. John's Revelation was written to them. Just as St. Paul wrote letters to the Churches in Rome, Corinth, Galatia, Colossae, etc.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,017.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

I am always interested in such studies!

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Paul was dutifully making his annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem for the Holy convocation from Passover through tabranacles. He drops off his ministry partners in Ephesus along the way; Pricilla, Aquilla and Apollos. While Paul was away they started a small fellowship of new converts that grew into a thriving missionary church. Ephesus was the New York of its day, with the biggest commercial port in the Medetteranian at the time.

A Roman road ran in a big circle through Asia Minor. Traveling north you would first arrive a Smyrna, known as faithful Syrnna to the Roman and later to the Byzinteen empire. The Muslims would call it infidel Smyrna retained it's Christian identity for at least a thousand years. Further north was Pergumas, where the Roman Emperor resided, thus the sword...I could go on. This was the largest body of missionary minded believers in the first century. Paul would minister there for three and a half years, the Apostle John pastors the church there, some say for decades. There is a reason Jesus addresses the entire church through these ministries. The seeds of most of our Christian ministry were originally sown there. The Catholics trace there traditions back to Peter in Rome. The Orthodox to Antioch of Syria but it was Asia Minor where the early church launched the largest and most successful world evangelism mission in the first century. The Nicene fathers, who penned the universal confession of Christian conviction, did so in northern Asia Minor.

That's why Revelations has spoken to the church for two thousand years, the seeds, both the wheat and tares, were originally sown in Asia Minor.

Upvote 0