Farmington
✟28,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed

It is a most fearful state the lost are in; such a dreadful and dire condition. Whether they are unbelievers like atheists, agnostics, or deists; or they are lost while maintaining a mental concept of God and Jesus, and outward religion, but their hearts are far, so very far from God; they are in grave danger.

It is a great folly for someone to say "I love God: I really believe - I love God with all my heart," and yet they turn around and curse, and foul joke, and commit adultery and fornication, and revel in it, boasting of their exploits and conquest, filled with pride over their sins; who drink and smoke and gamble; who also rail on others, belittling them, laughing at them; I will tell you, these are LIARS, and they cannot love God, for "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15), and "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4), and " For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." (1 John 5:3)

You know, some people "struggle" with the writings of John, especially 1 John? Be very careful here when you have a "problem" with any scripture! It's the Word of Almighty God, and while we can ask Him questions, we should never question His Word!

John wasn't just part of the inner circle with Peter, James, and Jesus: he was the "beloved disciple," the only one chosen of God not to die a martyrs death, but to live a long life, and to receive the Revelation of Jesus Christ: the Apocalypse, which is companion to the Book of Daniel, also a man greatly beloved of God (Daniel 10:11) It's not that John carries any more weight than the writings of the other disciples, but he may have some deeper insights into the intimate things of God: the love of the Father, the purity of Christ, the love of the brethren.

Indeed, John is called the "Apostle of love" for passages like John 14:9-13, 17:20-26, 1 John 4:7-12, but we see from John also a strictness of holiness with sayings like 1 John 1:6, 2:1-6, 3:2-3, 3:4-10, 5:2-4.

Let us look at these. First the passages about love: "As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them."

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Now the passages where some people have an issue. Oh, people "love" the love passages, but some tend to avoid these, or try to explain them away, but I tell ya God is a holy God and He requires obedience to His Word, and the mark of a true believer is ye shall know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:16) Consider then Johns words here from 1 John:

" If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

(A word on that passage. Do you have the hope that you will be transformed and gain heaven when Jesus comes? If you truly do, then the Word says if you have this hope, you purify yourself, even as he is pure. If you are living an impure life, again you are a liar. The Word of God says it. Don't think you're going to skate into heaven on the thin ice you travel on the broad way that leadeth to destruction, because many shall come and cry to Him in that final day, "Lord, Lord" haven't we done this and that in your name?" And He will see you never did the will of the Father who is in heaven, and he will tell you to depart for He never knew you! Read Matthew 7:21-23. It comes right after the part about knowing a true believer by their fruits. Please don't play games with God. This is serious. Deadly serious. MORE than deadly serious: it's eternally serious!)

And back to 1 John, which only reinforces what was just written: "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."

In other words, John tells us this - You think you know God? Prove it by your fruits. If you are not keeping His commandments, and not loving the brethren, you are of your father the devil: you are a liar; you are deceived, and an antichrist, for you are denying Christ by your thoughts, words, and actions. And people see it. The world sees it. It's downright hypocrisy to say you love God and live like the devil. The Holy Scripture which is God's Word that's settled in heaven says you're not righteous, you walk in darkness, and you do not know God.

The root better be deep or you'll wash out. God sees through it all, and He will sweep away all the rotten fruit, and though He bare long with those who produce no fruit, a time comes when He will cut you down if you are fruitless. Luke 13:6-9,

"He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down."

In other words, the Lord sees there's no fruit, and the warnings have been given. The plant is in danger of being destroyed. But not quite yet. One more season: dung it, or fertilize it: God sends His messengers to proclaim the truth to the lost. But then a time comes where, if no fruit is produced, the tree is cut down.

I'll end with this: John 15:1-6,
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

Abide in Him. Get in Him. As George Whitefield used to say "close with Christ, " as in, close in, apprehend, embrace Him: close with Christ in saving faith. Amen.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟107,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is a most fearful state the lost are in; such a dreadful and dire condition. Whether they are unbelievers like atheists, agnostics, or deists; or they are lost while maintaining a mental concept of God and Jesus, and outward religion, but their hearts are far, so very far from God; they are in grave danger.

It is a great folly for someone to say "I love God: I really believe - I love God with all my heart," and yet they turn around and curse, and foul joke, and commit adultery and fornication, and revel in it, boasting of their exploits and conquest, filled with pride over their sins; who drink and smoke and gamble; who also rail on others, belittling them, laughing at them; I will tell you, these are LIARS, and they cannot love God, for "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15), and "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4), and " For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." (1 John 5:3)
I've been a Christian my whole life, but started my life as a pretty weak, ignorant Christian--I knew the Lord, but I didn't know much about His guidance in life. I just knew I wasn't supposed to break the 10 Commandments, and knew that I should respect others, etc.

So not knowing the purpose of life I ended up following after the pagan world. My Christian life seemed so boring and so meaningless as far as activity in this world goes. But the more I fell in with the pagan world, the more I was acutely aware that I was compromising. Breaking the 10 Commandments I came under condemnation and tried to cover over my wrongs and rationalize it away.

So I agree--those who are "born from above" can't do intentional evil unless it is being completely covered over and rationalized. The guilt creeps in and becomes overwhelming. That is why I repented in my adolescence, because I knew God was not happy with me. It's best to be bored and clean! Actually, life has come to be anything but boring. :)

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟28,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been a Christian my whole life, but started my life as a pretty weak, ignorant Christian--I knew the Lord, but I didn't know much about His guidance in life. I just knew I wasn't supposed to break the 10 Commandments, and knew that I should respect others, etc.

So not knowing the purpose of life I ended up following after the pagan world. My Christian life seemed so boring and so meaningless as far as activity in this world goes. But the more I fell in with the pagan world, the more I was acutely aware that I was compromising. Breaking the 10 Commandments I came under condemnation and tried to cover over my wrongs and rationalize it away.

So I agree--those who are "born from above" can't do intentional evil unless it is being completely covered over and rationalized. The guilt creeps in and becomes overwhelming. That is why I repented in my adolescence, because I knew God was not happy with me. It's best to be bored and clean! Actually, life has come to be anything but boring. :)

I went through a dry time too, and turned to certain pagan practices as well. Not satisfying at all! I always hungered for more and more of something that seemed always just out of grasp. Now I hunger for the Word of God, and as you say, it's anything but boring.

I think there is a difference when someone goes through these kind of times, and come back: that is a prodigal son experience, getting down so low you're in the pigpen with the unclean animals (symbolic of the sinners and the sin you do with them), and someone who is on that path to destruction, not knowing God, but maybe knowing about Him, maybe going through the motions, maybe even sincerely believing they are ok, but either not knowing the Scriptures, or not understanding them. And of course there are plenty of false teachers out there to feed their fancy. Those are in danger of being rooted up and cut down.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It is great that you escaped the grip of paganism. My friend is into paganism (tarot junk), his name is David. He believes in multiple gods, while his mother is a Catholic. Both she and I are worried for him. How do I get him out of this mess?

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟107,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is great that you escaped the grip of paganism. My friend is into paganism (tarot junk), his name is David. He believes in multiple gods, while his mother is a Catholic. Both she and I are worried for him. How do I get him out of this mess?
The choice is really up to your friend. But a good start is simply stating that you wish him to be good with his conscience, expressing your concern that he be successful at living a happy life.

I've found that not everyone is interested in God. But some are interested in God even if they don't want to fully commit to Him.

The proposal is really quite simple: if you want to live in the happiness of God's presence forever, and with those of like mind, then the offer is free, but comes with a cost in commitment. You give up your own independent life for a life dependent upon your heavenly Father. You must choose to live in His will and in His fellowship.

What an offer! This is the beginning of eternal life. It's free for all those who make this decision. I wish the best for your friend!

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The choice is really up to your friend. But a good start is simply stating that you wish him to be good with his conscience, expressing your concern that he be successful at living a happy life.

I've found that not everyone is interested in God. But some are interested in God even if they don't want to fully commit to Him.

The proposal is really quite simple: if you want to live in the happiness of God's presence forever, and with those of like mind, then the offer is free, but comes with a cost in commitment. You give up your own independent life for a life dependent upon your heavenly Father. You must choose to live in His will and in His fellowship.

What an offer! This is the beginning of eternal life. It's free for all those who make this decision. I wish the best for your friend!
I tried telling him about God, about being ethical and avoiding magic junk, and even told him about Catholic physicists. He wants nothing to do with Christianity sadly. Goes to show how our world has fallen.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟107,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I tried telling him about God, about being ethical and avoiding magic junk, and even told him about Catholic physicists. He wants nothing to do with Christianity sadly. Goes to show how our world has fallen.
Thank God that 1) you wish to have an eternal relationship with God and 2) God has accepted you into His family forever.

I personally refuse to worry over those who choose to go their own independent path. We've seen what that results in--this fallen world is not a place I'd want to spend eternity in.

I've often told my wife that I think Eternal Punishment will be similar to life in a place like earth is now, with all of its problems. They can have it.

If those who want the world as it is wish to pollute the Eternal Kingdom with their strife, then I'm glad they've chosen to go elsewhere!

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank God that 1) you wish to have an eternal relationship with God and 2) God has accepted you into His family forever.

I personally refuse to worry over those who choose to go their own independent path. We've seen what that results in--this fallen world is not a place I'd want to spend eternity in.

I've often told my wife that I think Eternal Punishment will be similar to life in a place like earth is now, with all of its problems. They can have it.

If those who want the world as it is wish to pollute the Eternal Kingdom with their strife, then I'm glad they've chosen to go elsewhere!
Agreed. Should I break up my friendship with David? I have been friends with him since late 2020.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟713,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. Should I break up my friendship with David? I have been friends with him since late 2020.
Why? If he is listening and you have a relationship - there is hope. Cutting him off for no reason other than he doesn't believe the way you do gives him another reason to hate Christianity.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why? If he is listening and you have a relationship - there is hope. Cutting him off for no reason other than he doesn't believe the way you do gives him another reason to hate Christianity.
Hey, thanks for the valuable input. I will take that into consideration. He is a nice guy, and we both have a sense of humor. So, maybe I could lead into talk about Christianity with him using my humor (catching flies with honey).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟713,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, thanks for the valuable input. I will take that into consideration. He is a nice guy, and we both have a sense of humor. So, maybe I could lead into talk about Christianity with him using my humor (catching flies with honey).
Or.... he can see Jesus in you, how you treat him - how your life is amazing - how much you care about him.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or.... he can see Jesus in you, how you treat him - how your life is amazing - how much you care about him.
Agreed. I don't need humor to be a crutch. :) Jesus has helped me overcome my shortcomings, and he has compelled me to begin studying the Word of God. I look up to Jesus.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟107,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We do need to have associations/friendships with people, if only temporary, in order to provide them with a witness to Jesus. Often this is not an exercise in evangelical ministry, but rather, an honest presentation of our spiritual life in the context of honest care for others.

At some point, those who love the world will be turned off by our spirituality, which we cannot or should not "turn off." But if they stick with you simply to drag you into the gutter with them, definitely shut it down.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You know, some people "struggle" with the writings of John, especially 1 John? Be very careful here when you have a "problem" with any scripture! It's the Word of Almighty God, and while we can ask Him questions, we should never question His Word!

John wasn't just part of the inner circle with Peter, James, and Jesus: he was the "beloved disciple," the only one chosen of God not to die a martyrs death, but to live a long life, and to receive the Revelation of Jesus Christ: the Apocalypse, which is companion to the Book of Daniel, also a man greatly beloved of God (Daniel 10:11) It's not that John carries any more weight than the writings of the other disciples, but he may have some deeper insights into the intimate things of God: the love of the Father, the purity of Christ, the love of the brethren.

Indeed, John is called the "Apostle of love" for passages like John 14:9-13, 17:20-26, 1 John 4:7-12, but we see from John also a strictness of holiness with sayings like 1 John 1:6, 2:1-6, 3:2-3, 3:4-10, 5:2-4.

Let us look at these. First the passages about love: "As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them."

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Now the passages where some people have an issue. Oh, people "love" the love passages, but some tend to avoid these, or try to explain them away, but I tell ya God is a holy God and He requires obedience to His Word, and the mark of a true believer is ye shall know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:16) Consider then Johns words here from 1 John:

" If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

(A word on that passage. Do you have the hope that you will be transformed and gain heaven when Jesus comes? If you truly do, then the Word says if you have this hope, you purify yourself, even as he is pure. If you are living an impure life, again you are a liar. The Word of God says it. Don't think you're going to skate into heaven on the thin ice you travel on the broad way that leadeth to destruction, because many shall come and cry to Him in that final day, "Lord, Lord" haven't we done this and that in your name?" And He will see you never did the will of the Father who is in heaven, and he will tell you to depart for He never knew you! Read Matthew 7:21-23. It comes right after the part about knowing a true believer by their fruits. Please don't play games with God. This is serious. Deadly serious. MORE than deadly serious: it's eternally serious!)

And back to 1 John, which only reinforces what was just written: "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."

In other words, John tells us this - You think you know God? Prove it by your fruits. If you are not keeping His commandments, and not loving the brethren, you are of your father the devil: you are a liar; you are deceived, and an antichrist, for you are denying Christ by your thoughts, words, and actions. And people see it. The world sees it. It's downright hypocrisy to say you love God and live like the devil. The Holy Scripture which is God's Word that's settled in heaven says you're not righteous, you walk in darkness, and you do not know God.

The root better be deep or you'll wash out. God sees through it all, and He will sweep away all the rotten fruit, and though He bare long with those who produce no fruit, a time comes when He will cut you down if you are fruitless. Luke 13:6-9,

"He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down."

In other words, the Lord sees there's no fruit, and the warnings have been given. The plant is in danger of being destroyed. But not quite yet. One more season: dung it, or fertilize it: God sends His messengers to proclaim the truth to the lost. But then a time comes where, if no fruit is produced, the tree is cut down.

I'll end with this: John 15:1-6,
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."And you say never to question His word

Abide in Him. Get in Him. As George Whitefield used to say "close with Christ, " as in, close in, apprehend, embrace Him: close with Christ in saving faith. Amen.
And you say to NEVER question his word ??

# 1 Your thoughts on 2 Tim 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself ACCEPTED by God , a workman having no cause for SHAME rightly dividing the Word of Truth ,

# 2 And since we are in 1 John 5:3 how above this verse ?

# 3 1 John 5:18 We know that who soever is BORN of God sinneth NOT // OU , is a DISJUNCAIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and that means you can NEVER SIN AGAIN , but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself , and that WICKED one touched him NOT // OU is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE that means that , the WICKED ONE cannot ever TOUCH HIM EVER !!

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We do need to have associations/friendships with people, if only temporary, in order to provide them with a witness to Jesus. Often this is not an exercise in evangelical ministry, but rather, an honest presentation of our spiritual life in the context of honest care for others.

At some point, those who love the world will be turned off by our spirituality, which we cannot or should not "turn off." But if they stick with you simply to drag you into the gutter with them, definitely shut it down.
Agreed. Thank you for the insights.

Reactions: RandyPNW
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. Thank you for the insights.
And I believe that we are explaining the WORD ,I believe that we are doing Gods work as written Eph 3:9

To make all men what is the DISPENSATION of the MYSTERY , THE one having having been kept secret from the AGES IN God .
and Rom 16 25 is and other repeat of Eph 3:9 and the Greek word DISPENSATION appears , some 6 times in the bible >

dan p

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I believe that we are explaining the WORD ,I believe that we are doing Gods work as written Eph 3:9

To make all men what is the DISPENSATION of the MYSTERY , THE one having having been kept secret from the AGES IN God .
and Rom 16 25 is and other repeat of Eph 3:9 and the Greek word DISPENSATION appears , some 6 times in the bible >

dan p
Ok. No idea what that means. Are you a dispensationalist?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez Also, what is with the ALL CAPS, my brother? Just asking in a nice way. It makes me not want to talk, as using all caps is off-putting to me.
And some times I forget and am trying too hold down on CAPITAL letters and there times that some posters give LONG OP . and makes it hard for me to concentrate and just love to put capital letters on the Greek words UV, UN , ME , MN , and in English are LEST , CANNOT , NOT and NEITHER .

So , are you going give your thoughts on 1 John 5:8 ?

dan p

• Informative
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And some times I forget and am trying too hold down on CAPITAL letters and there times that some posters give LONG OP . and makes it hard for me to concentrate and just love to put capital letters on the Greek words UV, UN , ME , MN , and in English are LEST , CANNOT , NOT and NEITHER .

dan p
Interesting, but not everyone likes capital letters. But hey, we all have our quirks.

Upvote 0