• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A Scary Evil Presence

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloRoundMyHead

Master Speed Reader
Mar 25, 2005
✟8,243.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I may love my fellow man, but I don't have to like him..especially when he is trying to kill me. I'm telling you right now, these arabs in our own country flash angry stares at me all the time. It's high time we put these people down and out..because, well, they're nuts. You can't change the mind of a terrorist. Sometimes, I think women can never see the light of wisdom us men see. You think peace just can always be willed to happen and never be attained through force by God's mighty sword. Well peace can be attained that way. Someone has to win or be victorious in order for peace to exist in any country, region, or world, or universe - spiritually AND physically. Jesus has shown us the pathway and has conquered evil both spiritually AND physically.

Upvote 0

Antoinette.Marie

He Has Shown Me Miracles!
Mar 10, 2005
✟7,105.00
HaloRoundMyHead said:
I may love my fellow man, but I don't have to like him..especially when he is trying to kill me. I'm telling you right now, these arabs in our own country flash angry stares at me all the time. It's high time we put these people down and out..because, well, they're nuts. You can't change the mind of a terrorist. Sometimes, I think women can never see the light of wisdom us men see. You think peace just can always be willed to happen and never be attained through force by God's mighty sword. Well peace can be attained that way. Someone has to win or be victorious in order for peace to exist in any country, region, or world, or universe - spiritually AND physically. Jesus has shown us the pathway and has conquered evil both spiritually AND physically.

I think you'd better quit posting now, because I have a feeling you are going to get A LOT of backlash from this. And the fact that you continue to speak of Jesus in your rants about hatred, racism, and sexism is just too much. Of course war is sometimes needed. But you HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDE OTHERS. YOU ARE NOT PERFECT. God is the one, AND ONLY ONE, who judges others. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY WHO SHOULD LEAVE AND WHO SHOULD STAY.

Women can see the light of wisdom sometimes better then men can. I know I don't think peace can be "willed" to happen, so how can you make a claim like that? In case you missed it, there ARE women over there who are on the battlefield standing next to men. My sister's a sheriff, so don't tell me that women "will peace to happen". When we have to fight, we fight. :mad: :mad: :mad:

PS: and I think that your "dillusions" of Arabs giving you evil stares makes YOU nuts.

P.S.S: Hey, isn't this thread SUPPOSED to be about 1SweetJreams' feelings of evil in her room?? How did we get onto this subject??
:topic:
:timeout:

Upvote 0

SeekAnd

HIS STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN MY WEAKNESS!
Apr 14, 2005
The State of Confusion
✟5,075.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HaloRoundMyHead said:
I may love my fellow man, but I don't have to like him..
I know what you mean. Im doing that right now.
I'm telling you right now, these arabs in our own country flash angry stares at me all the time. It's high time we put these people down and out..because, well, they're nuts.
How do you know you are being looked at unless you are looking at them?
You can't change the mind of a terrorist.
People are responsible for changing their own minds. Even those who use terrorist tactics to spread their unenlightened views by hijacking threads.
Sometimes, I think women can never see the light of wisdom us men see.
Hmm, I have seen a 17 year old young woman exhibiting a lot of wisdom on this thread. The Taliban were good at keeping their women quiet and denying their intelligence.
You think peace just can always be willed to happen and never be attained through force by God's mighty sword. Well peace can be attained that way. Someone has to win or be victorious in order for peace to exist in any country, region, or world, or universe - spiritually AND physically. Jesus has shown us the pathway and has conquered evil both spiritually AND physically
Peace is something people have always had to fight for as there have always been people who have wanted to take peace away. There are always people who want to force their ideas on others.
Jesus told men to put down their swords.

I hope that a lot of what is being said on this thread has just been for fun and meant to annoy and provoke people. It sacres me that there are still people in America who have twisted and ingnorant and hateful views. Thats what the terrorists have. Im sacred that people that hold those views are allowed to vote and own firearms. The just might carry out their own Jihad.

Upvote 0

HaloRoundMyHead

Master Speed Reader
Mar 25, 2005
✟8,243.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Antoinette.Marie said:
Women can see the light of wisdom sometimes better then men can. I know I don't think peace can be "willed" to happen, so how can you make a claim like that? In case you missed it, there ARE women over there who are on the battlefield standing next to men.

ah, no..they're not. In fact, women are banned from fighting alongside men on the ground and that's the way it should be. Women (this includes the Wendy England chick and all the reporters who skewed the story in Al-Jezeera-like fashion to get Bush defeated just like those idiots misreporting that "flushing the koran down the toilet" fabrication) were responsible for the Abu Gharib mess that happened over there costing several US, coalition, and Iraqi lives as a result.

Antoinette.Marie said:
My sister's a sheriff, so don't tell me that women "will peace to happen". When we have to fight, we fight. :mad: :mad: :mad:

My mother's a court clerk..so what big deal - association doth not a percieved right view make unless you're Bill Clinton. Your views are all backward and you people don't realize the building threat to our nation - angry Arabs. Btw, the angry arab(s) I see trying to stare me down when out and about and making transactions with do it out of sheer hatred for me being a white male Christian-Jew-sympathizing American or either envy/pride. I have to get a signature from some of them and teach them how to sign their name - they (fully decked out in their sheik robes and burkas) get all upset when I try to instruct them on where to fill in certain required information such as an address etc. I'm telling you these people (mostly the quwaites, saudis, iraqies, iranians, and some indonesians, africans, indians & europeans) are taught from birth to hate all non-muslims and to kill for furtherance of their religion. You people need to wake up!!

Upvote 0

Antoinette.Marie

He Has Shown Me Miracles!
Mar 10, 2005
✟7,105.00
OK, I'm not going to debate this with you anymore. You obviously are not going to get over your bigotry, so I'm just going to stop arguing with you. Hatred is something us Christians are NOT supposed to be a part of, so I'm going to steer clear of you. I always wondered why so many people disliked Christians. Some say we are too judgemental. I guess, in this case, they're right. I still love you as a fellow Christian and I'll be praying for you. God Bless you with what you need in life.

Upvote 0

Onesimus85

Jan 7, 2005
For now, Earth
✟1,075.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, this has got way off topic.

First, the former Muslim that is now a Christian is no longer just a neighbor but a Brother in Christ Jesus, period. WE are called to join together in the body of Christ, The Church. He is now a part of that body. We as Christians are required to minister to all races and nationality groups.

Second, who are we to say that we will share God's good news with this group of Americans over here, but for the lost Muslims we will hold back the knowledge that we have? I met an Iraqi man the other day at the gas pump. I accidently walked out infront of his car, I apologized and he very politely said "it is ok my friend". In the neighborhood I was in had it of been an American I probably would have been flipped off and cursed at even after apologizing. Another Iraqi lives near me, I asled him where he was from. He was immediately afraid. He said Iraq, but then he quickly talked about how he was with a group of Kurds who resisted Sadam. His entire village was executed with the use of gases during the Gulf War. 10,000 people dead. While I believe that the only way to the Father is through the Son Jesus (John 14:6) I do have compassion for the people who have suffered.

Furthermore, Jesus was not an American, nor was white. He was a poor, rugged, probably smelly construction worker. Jesus of Nazareth was an Arab. Perhaps if people looked past a man's skin color or nationality and only cared that that person was living their life for Christ then the Chruch would be able to prevail in this country instead of struggling to stay alive. If we continue to bicker and hold onto our pride then Christianity in America will be confined to the pews because we are to proud to spread the gospel to those who desperately need to hear it. Christ did not come so that we could choose who would be a part of the Kingdom of God. God will handle that, our job is to go and spread the Word.

I am a slave to the Lord, He said "go forth and make disciples". I intend to spread the Word to anyone who will hear it, Muslims, Iraqis, Southerners or Yankees... they all should be able to hear about what My God did at Calvery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Onesimus85

Jan 7, 2005
For now, Earth
✟1,075.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1SweetJream said:
:eek: This is pretty freaky & I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this. And or if anyone has any input on this matter.

*I'm new here so I hope I chose the right forum for this post.

Hmmm, how to begin to explain :scratch:

Ever since I was a little girl I've been awakened by something that I don't know how to describe other than that it feels like a dark evil presence. It doesn't happen every night or even every mth.,... mabey like a few times a year,... but as far back as I can remember. It doesn't feel like a dream though :confused: And I'm so paralized with fear I can't hardly breathe, let alone try to move a muscle, or try to scream.

As a child after *trying* to scream & or call for my mom, I would silently cry & just pray inside my head for God to help me. And after an undetermined amount of time it would leave me. And I usually couldn't go back to sleep for a loooong time. To this day I don't sleep in the dark & have always had to have radio or t.v. on when I sleep,... not that that has prevented this from happening.

As an adult in the past few years or so I've started to squeeze out the words from my paralized throat "I belong to Jesus & you can't have me" or "In Jesus name leave me alone" or "in Jesus name away from me" whatever I have the presence of mind & ability to get out. And "it" will leave me. And I'll pray Thanks to God for saving me from this thing :pray:

This is still a VERY SCARY :eek: experience for me though. Even just telling about it is scary. I don't remember having ever told anyone about this before. It's just too scary to think about even.

Has anyone here ever heard of, or experienced, this happening? And, if so is there something else I could do to prevent this from re-occuring?

It just happened again the other night, so I guess that's why it's on my mind & I'm sharing here now.

1SweetJream, I know that we have got way off subect throughout this thread, but I was wondering if you had been continuing to have bad feelings? Just to let you know, I experienced something similar to what you are experiencing shortly after I became a Christian. Every once in a while I will still get that feeling, but it doesn't seem to have the power over me that it once did.

Upvote 0

bethdinsmore

Veteran
Jun 21, 2005
Hawaii
Visit site
✟17,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there :)

Yes, I've had the same experiences both before and after salvation, plus various other things due to demon oppression. Here's my experience mentioned in a different post, in the hope it will help some way if you are still having difficulties:

:confused: "I had been an atheist for many years, then I played the Ouija Board (thinking it was just another game), and became demon oppressed because of it. The next couple of years were very frightening for me. Among other things, I could read people's minds. There was a pull there, like I could have more power if I asked Satan for it, but I was never tempted, I could tell the demons had nothing in store for me but evil and destruction. Because of those problems, and the fact that they would temporarily stop when I asked God to stop them (even tho I had been an atheist), I started searching for the one true God who could protect me.

"That eventually led me to the Scriptures, and I made the decision to trust in Christ alone to be my sinbearer and to get me to Heaven one day, without any good works of my own. Soon after that, I asked God to forgive my sin of playing the Ouija Board (we can sometimes break a law that we are not aware of. I had already thrown the Board away). Immediately things were much better. Every time there would be an incident, I would simply command Satan to take his demons and leave, based on the power of Jesus Christ and His shed blood for me. It has been some time since I have had any demonic oppression, though I know Satan would still like to break me, since I am a Christian. But I'm on the winning team.
:clap:

I am definitely no expert, but: when a person has a brush with the supernatural, or events can't be explained in a natural way, I think it would help to talk to their pastor, and if he isn't experienced, then to find someone on the staff of a church who has dealt with these things (their pastor could probably guide them there). I have gone to conservative, evangelical Christian churches for this help - usually it is only a large church that has someone like that on their staff. "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of a sound mind...." For everyone who has trusted in Christ as their sinbearer, they need not fear Satan or his demons - they just need to be alert. (I Peter 5:7-10) "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self controlled and alert. You enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are going through the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast." NIV
:amen:

God bless you friend. I pray that God will use your experiences with these these terrible things to bless you as much as He has me. If you are intersted in more details, please see my website or pm me.

Aloha in Jesus :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
HaloRoundMyHead said:
I never was debating you, Marie. I was telling you all of our dire predicament - the unabashed ignorance to the muslim threat.
I'm sure you've been officially warned already, but your attitude is *way* out of line in this support section...or any section for that matter. Not to mention being severely off topic.

Speaking of on topic, I've read the posts here and offer prayers and encouragement to all who have been attacked spiritually. It's no laughing matter and can have many causes as have been mentioned here. = )

Upvote 0

HaloRoundMyHead

Master Speed Reader
Mar 25, 2005
✟8,243.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
ah no it's not..in fact, if we don't start profiling and jailing suspected islamic terrorists here amongst us plotting to suitcase nuke us NOW then you can kiss you hap, happiest little world goodbye..good.day.

P.S. You people have got your head in the sand and need to learn from Israel - We need to erect a big electric wall around our nation's porous borders to zap these insect-like barbarians who keep trying to infiltrate and destroy our country from within!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.