Salt Lake City
✟7,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Hey everyone! My name is Chris. I have a link to a GoFundMe here, so the immediate info is there. I just wanted to go into more detail so that it's easier to understand how we got to this point.
I was adopted to a non-spiritual and anti-religious family, I have always been spiritual and religious and, through expressing these deep interests, lost the support of my family. I was homeless for a year, picking food scraps out of the garbage in the middle of Chicago and praying for a miracle, I had no way of getting and keeping a job because I did not have a home. Thankfully, I had found a beautiful soul (whom I am engaged to now) that helped me get on my feet and start new. She offered a place to stay and her heart and I will always be grateful for that. We recently were able to move to Utah, a dream we've had for quite some time. Chicago hasn't got the best job market but Salt Lake City is booming with opportunities. We just want to be able to afford a trip to Illinois to see her family, they're so close and it kills me to know she's so far from home with no way to see them for Christmas.

https://www.gofundme.com/3ey0du0

• Prayers
Reactions: Serving Zion

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey everyone! My name is Chris. I have a link to a GoFundMe here, so the immediate info is there. I just wanted to go into more detail so that it's easier to understand how we got to this point.
I was adopted to a non-spiritual and anti-religious family, I have always been spiritual and religious and, through expressing these deep interests, lost the support of my family. I was homeless for a year, picking food scraps out of the garbage in the middle of Chicago and praying for a miracle, I had no way of getting and keeping a job because I did not have a home. Thankfully, I had found a beautiful soul (whom I am engaged to now) that helped me get on my feet and start new. She offered a place to stay and her heart and I will always be grateful for that. We recently were able to move to Utah, a dream we've had for quite some time. Chicago hasn't got the best job market but Salt Lake City is booming with opportunities. We just want to be able to afford a trip to Illinois to see her family, they're so close and it kills me to know she's so far from home with no way to see them for Christmas.

https://www.gofundme.com/3ey0du0
Wow, Heavenly Father, you have seen what our brother has been through, and we thank you that you have brought such a loving partner forward for him. It is encouraging to receive this testimony and to see their bright smiles, despite the difficult and testing path they have travelled. We ask that you'll really open our brother's mind to see himself as we see him, so that he will know the very great value that is in him - to release him from the depression of the despicable oppression of those lost ones who afflicted him when he was still so vulnerable. Dear Lord God, we pray to ask for full healing to his soul and new knowledge of why those people have become so bitter and resentful toward Your Holy Spirit, that makes them so cruelly hurt and hate the ones who sincerely love you and proclaim you in the world. Father, we ask for a total release from the burden of these past afflictions, and for a new joy, a new hope, and a new view to the future that produces a new confidence for success. We ask also that as he does reach out to receive the rich blessings that you possess, that you will grant him wisdom and discernment to know those who are worthy and those who are unworthy of his value, and that he will recognise those that you have ordained for him to serve, so that he can establish a strong relationship of mutual respect with them and that it will only count constructively toward his career. Give him wisdom to handle those who are not worthy of him, so that he can retain the confidence he has as he carries on the job search. And we pray for your blessing upon this holiday Lord, that Bri can receive the joy of spending quality time with her beloved family, that it will be a time that they all cherish and she will come back rejuvenated and overflowing with enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunities that the new year brings. We pray also for their relationship, Lord, that you will pave the way for them to tie the knot in the coming year so that they will become the unlimited unity of flesh, bringing the fullness of your blessing forth in their life and flourishing into a beautiful family unit that gives you the delight that you have always desired. We pray this in Jesus' name that it would meet your will to bless this couple as richly as we have asked, that they could have an ever-more astounding testimony of your goodness and power. Amen.

Brother Chris, you are such an inspiration to me, because I have known some of the oppression that you have faced, but while I say that I know the nature of the oppression, I cannot claim to have gone through all that you have gone through. For you to have endured all of that and to manifest the heart that you have today, it really is a special thing that I suspect you have no idea just how pure that goodness is that is inside of you. I know The Lord has good things in store for you, and I just really encourage you to make the marriage your number one goal - even before getting a good job. As an observer I say this, because what you have there is a blessing from Adonai. I urge you to grasp it firmly!

Best wishes to you as you keep going on your journey, I suspect that as you look around this website you will see that your heart leans with compassion to some of the people here, and you might find yourself offering words that help The Lord to work His healing.

Thanks for introducing yourself here today :)

Upvote 0