✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
which was???

I meant to say "You can prove God's existence but you can not justify it." What I said was the opposite, "You can justify God's existence but you can not proove it." The professor replied "Michael, I could agree with you, but in agreeing with you I would be disagreeing with some of the greatest minds in all of history. Perhaps you would like to reconsider your statement." So I changed my statement to "You can prove God's existence but you can not justify it." The professor responded "Thank you for agreeing with us."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macarius

Progressive Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2007
The Ivory Tower
✟52,122.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I marked it right. But it was part of a larger essay that was, more or less, well written. The question was dealing with the monophysite schism, and so they had to dip back into why Cyril used his monophysite language against Nestorianism to answer the question.

For an in-class essay, one has to look at least somewhat to the intentions (and the student DID explain the terms correctly). I just found it to be an easy-to-make and amusing error. I had never noticed before that theotokos and The Otokos had the same spelling.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,985.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oh I marked it right. But it was part of a larger essay that was, more or less, well written. The question was dealing with the monophysite schism, and so they had to dip back into why Cyril used his monophysite language against Nestorianism to answer the question.

For an in-class essay, one has to look at least somewhat to the intentions (and the student DID explain the terms correctly). I just found it to be an easy-to-make and amusing error. I had never noticed before that theotokos and The Otokos had the same spelling.

The ology can be difficult. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.