Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Esther is a woman, and this would be like claiming all martyrs in all stories are really Jesus.

Many seem to find parallels and meaning that relates to the rest of the book and Jesus even in Esther. Example:

Is Esther a prefigure of Jesus? | Evidence for Christianity

And really, have you thought this through? Have you actually read the boom of Esther? Because if you had, you might rethink your position.
I'm not sure. I am not a big reader. I have read bible stories so have the gist of most books. I have heard sermons expounding most books.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I meant nice food that was well cooked and tasty and not yet eaten. Hey, maybe drive less?

Oh, brilliant logic here. Food isn't icky, as long as you don't the times when it's icky.

Oh, and I never sleep, either. I'm always awake, as long as you don't count the times when I go to sleep.

Brilliant.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, brilliant logic here. Food isn't icky, as long as you don't the times when it's icky.

Oh, and I never sleep, either. I'm always awake, as long as you don't count the times when I go to sleep.

Brilliant.
If you want to call vomit food, we will have to disagree...despite how you seem to think doing so is some stroke of genius.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Same deal, just with a little smoke and mirrors and imaginary time and some denial of creation added. If mankind is the result of flatworms copulating, then you might as well start worshiping them.

That is EXACTLY what evolution is all about! really. Literally. They worship the creature more than the creator. Since they allow no creator in their knowledge, they end up worshiping the worm as the creature that basically created them...was responsible for their life!

No, that seems to be a flaw of yours that you are projecting upon others.

If anything arguing here has taught you is that you should not assume what people worship. It seems to most of us that you worship a book in violation of the laws inside that book.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, that seems to be a flaw of yours that you are projecting upon others.

If anything arguing here has taught you is that you should not assume what people worship. It seems to most of us that you worship a book in violation of the laws inside that book.

At least the book doesn't credit worms having sex with causing mankind to exist.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
At least the book doesn't credit worms having sex with causing mankind to exist.

What do you mean "at least"? That is one part of your book that is clearly wrong.

I know, it must gall you that your nonsense can't be taught in schools while our beliefs can. How do we do that? With evidence. Evidence is amazingly strong stuff.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean "at least"? That is one part of your book that is clearly wrong.

I know, it must gall you that your nonsense can't be taught in schools while our beliefs can. How do we do that? With evidence. Evidence is amazingly strong stuff.

Sadly, you've not offered a thimbleful of the 'mountains of evidence' you claim you have.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sadly, you've not offered a thimbleful of the 'mountains of evidence' you claim you have.

That is because you have not earned that right. The price is very low, yet you are afraid to pay it.

Why are you so afraid of evidence?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Apparently nobody has "earned that right". :thumbsup:

It is amazing how many cowards there are on your side, isn't it?

I mean really, if they thought they were right you think that they would go trough a very simple class.

I guess that reality is just too scary for creationists.

Of course they do know that they do lose lawsuits all of the time, and lawsuits are evidence based. So the fears of people on your side is not unfounded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is amazing how many cowards there are on your side, isn't it?

I mean really, if they thought they were right you think that they would go trough a very simple class.

I guess that reality is just too scary for creationists.

Of course they do know that they do lose lawsuits all of the time, and lawsuits are evidence based. So the fears of people on your side is not unfounded.

'Mountains of evidence'?

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yep, mountains.

Why are you so afraid?

Only the unbeliever has need to fear.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So far, you've given mountains of nothing and it's growing with each post.

Throw another shovelful of nothing on the pile. Keep it growing. :thumbsup:

That is only because you will not meet the very simple requirements I laid out when we first met.

Why are you so afraid?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Many seem to find parallels and meaning that relates to the rest of the book and Jesus even in Esther. Example:

Is Esther a prefigure of Jesus? | Evidence for Christianity

I'm not sure. I am not a big reader. I have read bible stories so have the gist of most books. I have heard sermons expounding most books.

Not a single miracle in the book of Esther, not one reference to god. Which is one if the reasons it is one of the more realistic and perhaps even plausible books of the bible. Esther outsmarts her enemy Haman, she doesn't save him. He ends up dead.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you want to call vomit food, we will have to disagree...despite how you seem to think doing so is some stroke of genius.

At what point does it stop being food? As soon as it goes in the mouth? When it is swallowed?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Plenty of evidence has been provided. But when you dismiss that evidence because it goes against what you want to believe, you don't get to then turn around and cry foul and that none has been provided. At least have the decency to say, "Evidence has been provided. I may not agree with it, but it has been provided." Apparently many creationists are incapable of even this.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0