Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I asked the same question to God and the answer I received was: that during those other famines Israel did not exist. Israel is God's timepiece.

What makes this different is that we really do not know why the price of wheat is going up. Some say the farmers converting their land from food production to biofuel production is the cause...add to that last years droughts and floods caused the reduction in the number of crops. News media have forgotten about the honey bee. Although, wheat pollinates itself through the wind. There is no explantion why the wheat prices are going up. Or why rice prices are going up?

However, the third seal, I believe will be disappearance of the honey bee and other pollinators. Grape vine and olive tree are self pollinating plants and do not need these pollinators. I think God was giving his people a clue to what might be the cause of the famine spoken in Revelation when John writes "and do not damage the oil and the wine!" This is what I believe that the disappearences of these pollinators will reduce the production fruits and vegatables and other plant life that requires pollination. It can be humanly possible to pollinate the fruit trees and vegatables. China's honey bees have already disappeared and the farmers actually pollinate their fruit trees by hand but it is much more time consuming and slower then a bee.

I agree with you, as Christians we need to mercy and compassion to those who are hungry and needing fresh water (Africa, Asia, Middle East such as Eygpt and Philipines)including the cyclone that hit in Burma. “What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith but has not action to prove it? Is such faith able to save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food, and someone says to him. “Peace! Keep warm and eat hearty! Without him giving him what he needs, what good does it do? Thus faith by itself, unaccompanied by action is dead”. James 2 v 16-17
I wasn't aware that grape vines and olive trees self pollinate. & I hadn't read where China is pollinating by hand. Mercy I can't imagine:o That will slow down food production.

Another problem is our soil is depleted of nutrients I believe bcause we have not followed the Biblical principle of letting it rest. Also I can't even remember when my dad wasn't paid by the government under the No Till legislation for not producing crops. Last report I saw on this there is alot of abuse of funds.
One news reporter discussed how the recent cyclone wiped out huge areas of rice producing fields. Don't have a clue what damage was done by the tsunami a while back to the production of food.

& all we seem to be doing is going from one torado, draught, quake, flood ect to another. How can we keep up...Just as the scriptures said it would be:bow::crosseo:

Upvote 0

Psalms 119 v 105

Watchman on the Wall praying for Jerusalem
May 14, 2005
✟10,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't aware that grape vines and olive trees self pollinate. & I hadn't read where China is pollinating by hand. Mercy I can't imagine:o That will slow down food production.

Another problem is our soil is depleted of nutrients I believe bcause we have not followed the Biblical principle of letting it rest. Also I can't even remember when my dad wasn't paid by the government under the No Till legislation for not producing crops. Last report I saw on this there is alot of abuse of funds.
One news reporter discussed how the recent cyclone wiped out huge areas of rice producing fields. Don't have a clue what damage was done by the tsunami a while back to the production of food.

& all we seem to be doing is going from one torado, draught, quake, flood ect to another. How can we keep up...Just as the scriptures said it would be:bow::crosseo:

Yes, I found out about the grape and olive when my husband and I were looking at growing fruits and veggies in our back yard. I found out what trees needed pollination from the bees and other beneficial pollinators. It was a shock. I had seen about the Chinese being the first to pollinate by hand on a National Geographic programme regarding the disappearing honey bee. In the 1980's I believe, the bees in China disappeared and when they turned to the government, they told the fruit farmers that they had to find a way to pollinate the fruit tree. They took chicken feathers and open up what appeared to be pollination from flowers, they stood up on ladders and started to dip into the powdery stuff and touching the flowers. It was amazing to watch but here is an article regarding this

http://apis.ifas.ufl.edu/apis_2000/apjun_2000.htm
http://www.actahort.org/books/561/561_32.htm

We are definitely witnessing scriptures coming true right before our eyes...it only proves HIS EXISTENCE AND THAT HE IS COMING SOON...GLORY BE TO GOD. :bow:

Upvote 0

Psalms 119 v 105

May 14, 2005
✟10,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is Sara from Senegal. We have been sponsoring him now for 3 years. Top photograph, which I hope comes through is was his first year. Bottom photograph is what we received last year. We partner with World Vision because of number reasons including the fact that it is a Christian organisation. It costs us about £13 a month (about $26 a month). But it can help not only Sara but help put money towards the village that is being sponsored for wells, nets etc. They focus on getting the village to be self sufficient and educate the young children. Every year we receive a progress report and photograph to show Sara's development. You can, if you like, visit the child to see for yourself if you want to make sure the child is being properly cared for. Twice a year you write letters (birthday and Christmas to the child and his family). You can become as involved or not involved as you like...no strings attached and visa versa regarding the child. For me it will be a good opportunity to witness Christ love to those who do not know him.

If every Christian in the Western world would invest in one child, I think we would be living in a different world. God willing as long as we can...we plan to sponsor Sara that is usually about 10 years...for a child to have a successful crack at a decent life and for the village to become self sustaining. There are other organisations that such as Christian Aid that does the same...I just mention World Vision because we use this organisation if anyone is thinking about it for themselves.

Upvote 0

Elei

May 19, 2008
✟15,127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes, I found out about the grape and olive when my husband and I were looking at growing fruits and veggies in our back yard. I found out what trees needed pollination from the bees and other beneficial pollinators.

This really made an impression on me and I'd like to find out more. Do you know a source where I can read more about this.

Reactions: hannahfievel
Upvote 0

Psalms 119 v 105

May 14, 2005
✟10,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This really made an impression on me and I'd like to find out more. Do you know a source where I can read more about this.

Sure. My sources were a mix: a book by Better Homes and Garden called Complete Gardening 1985 edition from the US. I am not sure if it is still in print, they might have an updated version. Check out their website BH&G. Also UK websites because I am now living in the UK...programmes such as UKTVGardens, BBC Gardener's World

I was fortunate to have purchase a book years ago because I had wanted to learn about gardening It lists all information about all types of grasses, trees, shrubs, flowers, herbs, veggies and fruits.However, you can find the information all over the internet. Just type in planting a vegetable garden or fruit trees you get loads of information or just pick out the individual plants and you will get loads of info on them. I picked two out for you...

Grapes
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-8202.html
Olives
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/fruit/olive/olive.html

Upvote 0

hannahfievel

He has known me since the womb, amen.
Apr 24, 2007
maryland
✟20,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I found out about the grape and olive when my husband and I were looking at growing fruits and veggies in our back yard. I found out what trees needed pollination from the bees and other beneficial pollinators.

I also thought this interesting from a biblical stand point of did you know..well of course we all know this verse.."leave the wine and the oil"....it made me think...well...the oil in lamps used to be "olive" oils for the prepared bridesmaids....and grapes make the wine...So both could always be in place...even if the bees were all gone! So, that scripture can "not" be broken or changed, amen!!!

God is so cool, I see Him in everything, amen! Thank you Psalm "this is quite interesting"! And now off to the post office...a big boo on that one! :hug: a sister in Christ, hannah :wave:

Upvote 0

Psalms 119 v 105

May 14, 2005
✟10,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also thought this interesting from a biblical stand point of did you know..well of course we all know this verse.."leave the wine and the oil"....it made me think...well...the oil in lamps used to be "olive" oils for the prepared bridesmaids....and grapes make the wine...So both could always be in place...even if the bees were all gone! So, that scripture can "not" be broken or changed, amen!!!

God is so cool, I see Him in everything, amen! Thank you Psalm "this is quite interesting"! And now off to the post office...a big boo on that one! :hug: a sister in Christ, hannah :wave:

You are welcome, Hannah
:groupray:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.