Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love.
Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created.
And You shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
PRAYER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT BY ST. ANTIOCHUS

O Holy Spirit, most merciful Comforter: You proceed from the Father in a manner beyond our understanding. Come, I beseech You, and take up your abode in my heart. Purify and cleanse me from all sin, and sanctify my soul. Cleanse it from every impurity, water its dryness, melt its coldness, and save it from sinful ways. Make me truly humble and resigned, that I may be pleasing to You, and that You abide with me forever. Most blessed Light, most amiable Light, enlighten me. O rapturous Joy of Paradise, Fount of purest delight, my God, give yourself to me, and kindle in my innermost soul the fire of your love. My Lord, instruct, direct, and defend me in all things. Give me strength against all immoderate fears and against despondency. Bestow upon me a true faith, a firm hope, and a sincere and perfect love. Grant that I always do your most gracious will. Amen.

02718.jpg

Reactions: xTx
Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP

A prayer of Saint Anthony of Padua

icona.jpg

O God, send forth your Holy Spirit into my heart that I may perceive, into my mind that I may remember, and into my soul that I may meditate. Inspire me to speak with piety, holiness, tenderness and mercy. Teach, guide and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end. May your grace ever help and correct me, and may I be strengthened now with wisdom from on high, for the sake of your infinite mercy. Amen

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Spirit of wisdom and understanding, enlighten our minds to perceive the mysteries of the universe in relation to eternity. Spirit of right judgment and courage, guide us and make us firm in our baptismal decision to follow Jesus' way of love. Spirit of knowledge and reverence, help us to see the lasting value of justice and mercy in our everyday dealings with one another. May we respect life as we work to solve problems of family and nation, economy and ecology. Spirit of God, spark our faith, hope and love into new action each day. Fill our lives with wonder and awe in your presence which penetrates all creation. Amen

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
O Lord Jesus Christ, Who, before ascending into heaven, didst promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Thy work in the souls of Thy Apostles and Disciples, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me, that He may perfect in my soul the work of Thy grace and Thy love. Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may despise the perishable things of this world and aspire only after the things that are eternal, the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Thy divine truth, the Spirit of Counsel that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God and gaining Heaven, the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with Thee, and that I may overcome with courage all the obstacles that oppose my salvation, the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the science of the Saints, the Spirit of Piety that I may find the service of God sweet and amiable, the Spirit of Fear that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God, and may dread in any way to displease Him. Mark me, dear Lord, with the sign of Thy true disciples and animate me in all things with Thy Spirit. Amen.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Prayer of a Magnanimous Heart

Oh God, keep us from all pettiness:
Let us be large in thought, in word and deed.
Let us be done with fault finding and
leave off all self-seeking.
May we put away all pretence and
meet each other face to face
Without self pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgment
and always generous.
Let us always take time for all things,
And make us grow calm, serene and gentle.
Teach us to put into action our better impulses,
To be straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize that it is the
little things that create differences,
That in the big things of life we are as one.
And, Oh Lord God, let us not forget to be kind.

og-mary.jpg

A prayer of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots (1542-1587)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
752px-Gerard_van_Honthorst_001.jpg

Jesus, the Light of the World, as we celebrate your birth on this Feast of the Nativity , may we begin to see the world in the light of the understanding you give us. As you chose the lowly, the outcasts, and the poor to receive the greatest news the world had ever known, so may we worship you in meekness of heart. May we also remember our brothers and sisters less fortunate than ourselves in this season of giving.

And may you all know that love and peace which can come only from the Prince of Peace , and by receiving it enjoy a Happy Christmas . :wave:

May your loved ones , here or departed , be at peace . :groupray:

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP

248.jpg

O Holy Spirit, most merciful Comforter: You proceed from the Father in a manner beyond our understanding. Come, I beseech You, and take up your abode in my heart. Purify and cleanse me from all sin, and sanctify my soul. Cleanse it from every impurity, water its dryness, melt its coldness, and save it from sinful ways. Make me truly humble and resigned, that I may be pleasing to You, and that You abide with me forever. Most blessed Light, most amiable Light, enlighten me. O rapturous Joy of Paradise, Fount of purest delight, my God, give yourself to me, and kindle in my innermost soul the fire of your love. My Lord, instruct, direct, and defend me in all things. Give me strength against all immoderate fears and against despondency. Bestow upon me a true faith, a firm hope, and a sincere and perfect love. Grant that I always do your most gracious will. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
1f22fba3f21ef4297aa5c7905562e1ca.jpg

The Golden Sequence

This prayer appeared first in liturgical books around the year 1200. It has been variously ascribed to Pope Innocent III (1216), to King Robert of France (1031), and even to Saint Gregory the Great (604). Most probably, however, its author was Cardinal Stephen Langton (1128), Archbishop of Canterbury. The poem has been known from medieval times as the "Golden Sequence" because of its richness in thought and expression. Each one of the short stanzas is a sentence in itself, thus facilitating meditation.

Come, Holy Spirit, send down those beams
Which sweetly flow in silent streams
From your bright throne above .

O come, the Father of the poor,
O come, the source of all our store,
Come fill our hearts with love.

You are of comforters the best ,
The soul's most welcome guest ,
The pilgrim’s sweet relief.

In all our toil, rest most sweet,
Refreshment in the noonday heat,
And solace in all our grief.

O blessed Light of Life, divine,
Deep in our hearts let your light shine,
Because we hope in you.

Without your Godhead nothing can
have any price or worth in man,
nor be harmless in what we do.

Lord, wash our sinful stains away,
water from heaven our barren clay,
our wounds and bruises heal.

To your sweet yoke our stiff necks bow,
warm with your love our hearts of snow,
our wandering feet recall.

Grant to your faithful dearest Lord
whose only hope is in your word,
your sevenfold gift of grace.

Grant us in life your grace that we
in peace may die and ever be
in joy before your face . Amen . Alleluia !

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
1f22fba3f21ef4297aa5c7905562e1ca.jpg

The Golden Sequence

This prayer appeared first in liturgical books around the year 1200. It has been variously ascribed to Pope Innocent III (1216), to King Robert of France (1031), and even to Saint Gregory the Great (604). Most probably, however, its author was Cardinal Stephen Langton (1128), Archbishop of Canterbury. The poem has been known from medieval times as the "Golden Sequence" because of its richness in thought and expression. Each one of the short stanzas is a sentence in itself, thus facilitating meditation.

Come, Holy Spirit, send down those beams
Which sweetly flow in silent streams
From your bright throne above .

O come, the Father of the poor,
O come, the source of all our store,
Come fill our hearts with love.

You are of comforters the best ,
The soul's most welcome guest ,
The pilgrim’s sweet relief.

In all our toil, rest most sweet,
Refreshment in the noonday heat,
And solace in all our grief.

O blessed Light of Life, divine,
Deep in our hearts let your light shine,
Because we hope in you.

Without your Godhead nothing can
have any price or worth in man,
nor be harmless in what we do.

Lord, wash our sinful stains away,
water from heaven our barren clay,
our wounds and bruises heal.

To your sweet yoke our stiff necks bow,
warm with your love our hearts of snow,
our wandering feet recall.

Grant to your faithful dearest Lord
whose only hope is in your word,
your sevenfold gift of grace.

Grant us in life your grace that we
in peace may die and ever be
in joy before your face . Amen . Alleluia !

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0