Not open for further replies.

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This forum's purpose is not to solicit input from members -- individually or collectively. This forum is intended to provide members with accurate and definitive answers to questions they may have about policy or its application -- the day-to-day operation of CF.

The previous arrangement would have been useful if it provided representative input from the membership-at-large. Even granting the heated discussions that occurred frequently, if solid input was given, it would be worth it, IMO.

It didn't, though. Which is why there will no longer be dedicated forums to community discussion of rules and policy. Input will still be solicited, but it will be from those directly affected by these policies. This move should not be understood as an attempt to stifle input, but our approach to soliciting input has changed.

Emphasis mine. Will we non-Christians then be expected you to solicit input from us in the near future then?

God-free

One of many moral atheists
May 23, 2008
Earth
✟8,759.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Emphasis mine. Will we non-Christians then be expected you to solicit input from us in the near future then?

I doubt it. We're not the ones "affected by policies". We're, typically, the reason why policies are changed. Ya know...because we won't allow ourselves to be soul-winning fodder?

I honestly don't know how the change in policies will effect me. But if you asked me if I considered myself in the group of people "directly affected by these policies." Then oh yes, you bet I do.

I don't know about you two, but I intend to go on posting as before. I figure if we're engaging in honest debate, and not being deliberately insulting toward anyone, then we'll be okay. If not then
a) it's purely a CF problem and
b) I wouldn't want to be part of a discussion forum where ideas and opinions are stifled to the point of censorship anyway.

CF needs us (although I doubt they would admit it) to keep things interesting. Imagine how boring it would be to be part of a discussion board where the only conversations basically boiled down to "I love Jesus... Jesus loves me... praise Jesus".

~Barbara

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know about you two, but I intend to go on posting as before. I figure if we're engaging in honest debate, and not being deliberately insulting toward anyone, then we'll be okay. If not then
a) it's purely a CF problem and
b) I wouldn't want to be part of a discussion forum where ideas and opinions are stifled to the point of censorship anyway.

CF needs us (although I doubt they would admit it) to keep things interesting. Imagine how boring it would be to be part of a discussion board where the only conversations basically boiled down to "I love Jesus... Jesus loves me... praise Jesus".

QFTW

Yes, and your input has been solicited on the new FSG's. :)

Good to go.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt it. We're not the ones "affected by policies". We're, typically, the reason why policies are changed. Ya know...because we won't allow ourselves to be soul-winning fodder?

Soul winning fodder? What exactly is that?

Being a rebel is never a good thing especially when it comes to God and His plan for all of human kind.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist

Being a rebel is never a good thing especially when it comes to God and His plan for all of human kind.

Sealacamp

We're not rebelling against God. We don't think there is a god. We oppose what other people tell us is God's will, and it's frequently (read: almost always) stupid

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've been a member of CF for years. For as long as I can remember there has been a small, but very vocal, member base who have been decrying the presence and participation of non-christian members who are not "actively and earnestly seeking Christ". In their eyes we are only welcome here when we're willing to sit at their feet and gaze up with big eyes as they spoon-feed us canned salvation speeches.

Sealacamp

Taking into consideration that I am a devoted follower of a religious beliefs system, I'd hardly say I fall into the "rebel" category.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I am deeply saddened when I read "we are only welcome here when we're willing to sit at their feet and gaze up with big eyes as they spoon-feed us canned salvation speeches. "

Once upon a time, I was where you are spiritually. I can understand rebellion against that type of behavior. It is not effect witnessing that is more real than "canned salvation speeches" and it really is too bad that someone isn't here who can "witness" the reason for their faith.

I can, and it is about meeting God Himself and finding out that the Bible is like a autobiogaphy of His relationship with humans. In it there is spots where the human explains what they experienced, what they did to prepare for such an expience and in other places it tells you what you need to do to be in His presence.

The rest is relationship and a message of preparation for His BIG ... or should I say grand entrance into our World in a real way that goes far beyond anything we humans could imagine.

God is a consuming fire and He is trying to warn us of His coming... not wanting to get anyone hurt. He is wonderful, full of love, and has wisom beyond what we can fathom.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this is the thing; I an a Christian, believe in free-will as much as I believe in trying to help someone find their spirit, and find what truely makes them happy, and find what is also good for them in this life, but I also believe that one cannot force salvation on another, and nor can we expect others to believe one's beliefs moreso than one would expect me to believe their beliefs; nor do I believe in spreading lies like many do(ie, "evolution is a lie" is a lie), and I just feel that TRUE Christianity allows freedom of speech and allows freedom of choice and allows freedom of religion.

One cannot force others into silence just because their views contradict a Christian's views; and as a Christian, I believe this fact should overshadow anyone's unsecurites concerning 'eternal salvation' or 'acceptance of christ'. If someone is insecure about SOMEONE ELSE's salvation, thats where the buck stops; for one cannot force one into believing ANYTHING and one shouldn't even try to force their beliefs on another, bc thats when people get hurt.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.