• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A positive update and testimony for those struggling.

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi sisters and brothers!

Im sorry I haven’t been as active recently,I didn’t want to make it seem like I left,that’s something I’ll never do;but anyways this past month I’ve improved massively.Though I haven’t found a church,much to my sadness.
I have strengthened against satans lies and intrusive thoughts alike,and they cause me no emotional or mental distress or fear.I love these periods of peace and am eternally grateful and thankful to the father for it.Unfortunately I know I will face more in the future,but I’m eager to face them head on and fight the devil,even though he’s much more powerful,I hate him and his lies.

But also I want to provide a testimony to anyone struggling:

“My friend,I understand what you’re going through,I’ve battled the throws of OCD for 5 years now,I’ve encountered almost every ocd trial in the books,even my scariest obsession ,apostasy(don’t look that up),however something has been on my mind since last week,I was walking a cart back into my local Walmart and I saw a mother wheeling her autistic daughter(May the Lord bless her heart) inside and what came into my mind when I saw her was Jesus’s words about the man born blind.

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.”John 9:1-3

Something at that moment after I remembered those verses resonated in me that made me look back on these years I’ve walked with the lord and loved him and I’ve seen exactly what this meant in relation to my life.My friend,never ever see OCD as a curse,if anything consider it a blessing,as confusing as it may sound if you’re reading this in downright terror,something I’ve learned is this “would I have sought after and loved the Lord if I never had OCD?” And I can surely answer “No” had I not been allowed to suffer OCD,I never would’ve faithfully,lovingly clinged to Jesus.
My friend,I was born with OCD SO God could work his work within me,and my sanctification proves that.

My testimony to you my friend,is that you NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP ON JESUS,NEVER!,keep going,life here is but a twinkle,suffering OCD may seem like an eternity,but the trials I’ve faced have done nothing but greatly benefit me.Always remember Romans 8:28 and Philippians 1:6.Never see ocd as a curse,and remember the greatest contributors and fellow believers were sufferers of OCD themselves,the two most prominent ones Were Martin Luther himself and John Bunyan!

Remember this testimony my friends;brothers;& sisters with OCD.

If any of you are in the throes of OCD and it’s terrors, please never hesitate to reach out to me!