Visit site
✟16,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My true feelings about Valentine's Day. I honestly hate this holiday with everything in my body because it's an over-commercialized way of society rubbing in the fact that I and others are single.

Broken down and broken through
My trembling hands are cold near you
The icy breath of Valentine's
It chills my nerves and fogs my mind

"Be Mine" cards and rotten candies
Wilted roses and lovebirds' fancies
My heart is glass so let it break
Tired of smiling and being fake

Let my bleeding eyes cry to dust
Fall on my knees and weep to rust
Being ignored with a broken heart
Is better than shame from a faulty start

Wish you'd call or wish you'd write
So here I weep alone tonight
Tomorrow is the day that I always dread
So brace for its bite and let this be said.

I know many people feel like that. :sigh:

Valentine's Day shouldn't be a downer, especially for people who have their priorities in the right order. A lot of people do think of it as a couple's day but we can use as another day to love God & others more. :)

Matthew 22:36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “ 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Upvote 0

PastorJer

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2004
Carstairs Alberta
✟20,558.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dude I hear what you are saying... my birthday is Valentines Day... and that day had sucked for me for 28 years...

This year is different tho - I have found the love of my life... still I remember the feelings that it used to invoke in me... but for those of us who are in love... wish us well, don't get all caught up in self pity, cause trust me... someday you will likely be on the same side of the fence I am now on... and enjoying Valentines Day to the fullest! Cheers!

Upvote 0