Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are so many things which divide us as a nation, as a people, and as the children of God. We are divided by hatred, violence, political affiliation, denomination, race, religion, social status, culture, belief systems, etc. We are also divided by greed, love of power, idolatry, spiritual and physical adultery, wars of men, lies, deceptions, manipulations, betrayal, and rejection of Christ and of his followers, and by false prophets and teachers of the people, and false gospels of men, etc.

This song is a call to leave our idols, our desires for wealth and power, and the things which divide us as a people of God that are not of God, such as hatred, unforgiveness, pride, adultery, and all that is called sin in the Bible. We are to turn from our sins, and we are to make the Lord Jesus Christ the Lord and master of our lives, choosing to walk with him in full surrender to his will for our lives and in obedience to his commands.

A People Divided
An Original Work / July 4, 2011

Flick’ring torches; hatred; violence;
Crashing windows; guns of men;
We are a people divided
By our love of pow’r and fame.

Idols marching; they’re in chorus;
Their goal to destroy the church,
Tempting us to follow them in
Pure devotion; them we search.

Leave your idols. Follow your God.
Make Him your Lord God and King.
Be a living witness for Him,
And your off’rings to Him bring.

Repent of your sins and worship Him.
A living sacrifice,
Put your all upon His altar.
Leave your old life way behind.

Flick’ring torches; hatred; violence;
Crashing windows; guns of men;
We are a people divided
By our love of pow’r and fame.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An eyopener, I know what the giggling teens in the back pew will sing for that last strofe...powr..but it's also true.

I am not sure what you mean here. But, I do like your screen name. My first name means "rose" or "lilly." And, my maiden name was "Thorn." So, I went from "Thorn" to "Love."

Upvote 0