newburgh
✟115,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A man was on his way to work in a big city on Monday. He was thinking of all the work left to him by his boss the previous Friday, who said “Here. I’m going on vacation. Have it ready for me by the time I get back in two weeks.” The worker wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings as he was walking, so engrossed in the work he took as his sole responsibility.

The last thing the worker remembered was walking along, before getting hit on the head by a falling cement block from a building that was under renovation. Next thing he knew he was in front of what looked like a man in a place the worker was not familiar with at all.

“Who are you, and what place is this?” the worker asked.

The response was, “I am the Lord, and this is my Kingdom that I prepared for you. You passed away, and you are here because I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you reached out to me.”

The man asked, “When did I do these things for you, my Lord?”

The Lord answered, “Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”

There was another man, living comfortably, having reached a high level of socio-economic status of respectability among his peers. He was an executive in an office, who gave a ton of work to his subordinates on a Friday, telling them to have it done by the time he got back from his two-week vacation. He had no regard for people less fortunate than he, and whom he had no use for in his natural surroundings.

The following Monday he began his vacation, basking in the sun in the Caribbean, when a heavy plate from the underbelly of an overhead incoming private jet that had a rushed maintenance job done, came loose and fell on him, killing him instantly. (The jet landed safely, albeit with its wires on the underside exposed.) The last thing he remembered was the sun shining on him and a cool breeze he felt off the ocean, shaking his head as his wife at his side was talking to him about giving to some charity for the poor, before he got hit.

Next thing he knew, he was in a lake of fire. In anguish, he asked no one in particular, “Why am I here?"

A voice which sounded like it came from above, said, “I am the Lord, and you are in Satan’s domain. You passed away, and you are here because I was hungry and you did not give me food, I was thirsty and you did not give me something to drink, I was a stranger and you turned away from me, I was naked and you let me languish, I was sick and in prison and you shunned me.”

The man asked, in his anguish, “‘Lord, when did I see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not reach out to you?”

The Lord answered, “Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to even one of the least of these my brothers, you did not do it to me.”

Last edited: