Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There once was a man who was humble and taught some very interesting lessons so intelligently spoken that the common people could not understand him. He came from a poor background and his birth was questionable. He came from a region of his country the rest of the country deemed as dubious of reputation. He did not take a strong leadership role but yet had a great following. People liked him because he was different and he preached against the corrupted religious authorities of his day. He never preached fighting back as the answer, but a peaceful resistance. The only time he picked up a weapon was to demonstrate anger at something unrighteous, but never killed a man. He disliked social injustice and took under his wing some of the rejects of society. He expressed love as the way--no matter who, no matter what. He came to help the weak not the strong. Some people even claimed this man as their leader, even though he never once had the desire to overthrow a country or enage in war. And even at his death, though wrongly accused, never fought back and submitted to his own death peacefully.

The question that needs to be now asked: Is this man weak? Please explain your answer.

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Aimee30 said:
There once was a man who was humble and taught some very interesting lessons so intelligently spoken that the common people could not understand him. He came from a poor background and his birth was questionable. He came from a region of his country the rest of the country deemed as dubious of reputation. He did not take a strong leadership role but yet had a great following. People liked him because he was different and he preached against the corrupted religious authorities of his day. He never preached fighting back as the answer, but a peaceful resistance. The only time he picked up a weapon was to demonstrate anger at something unrighteous, but never killed a man. He disliked social injustice and took under his wing some of the rejects of society. He expressed love as the way--no matter who, no matter what. He came to help the weak not the strong. Some people even claimed this man as their leader, even though he never once had the desire to overthrow a country or enage in war. And even at his death, though wrongly accused, never fought back and submitted to his own death peacefully.

The question that needs to be now asked: Is this man weak? Please explain your answer.

No, he was not weak, and even Martin Luther King and Ghandi took the ideal of non-violence. I'm glad that the Lord showed us what true love and leadership is, and that he rose to give us hope.:amen:

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aimee30 said:

Did you mean to say this part?:
"so intelligently spoken that the common people could not understand him."

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ChristianCenturion said:
Did you mean to say this part?:
"so intelligently spoken that the common people could not understand him."

If this story is about who I think it is, it is a little hard for common people to get thier minds around "love your neighbor as yourself."

And they're always the ones that refuse to admit it.

Plus also, He had to explain the meaning of His parables everytime He told one.

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He did not always explain what he told people. The common people could understand healing, love, but not always the object lessons--they had to ask for an explanation. Sometimes love and how to understand it are complicated things. Not everyone who speaks is going to be understood right away.

Upvote 0

Toboe

Jun 18, 2005
Danville Virginia
✟8,597.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Aimee30 said:

No he is not weak. Its pretty smart not to do such things. By the way you wouldn't by any chance be talking about Jesus would you. :D

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, let's just say it was a two-fold purpose. I wanted people to see that this was a kind and loving leader who was very wise and intelligent. I also wanted people to see that not everyone who loves instead of point blanks every response he/she makes is not a weak person. Nor does a strong person always make his responses or actions in your face but rather can say things to get a person to think and do things that are thoughtful and intelligent.
I'm sure there are enough hints in the story to make it apparent who the man in the story is. That and the fact my religious icon is what it is should tell you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

The Seeker

Aimee30 said:

Not weak, no. Just disastrously naive, you can't fight injustice with fine words and good intentions.

Upvote 0
T

The Seeker

Aimee30 said:
Well, let's just say it was a two-fold purpose. I wanted people to see that this was a kind and loving leader who was very wise and intelligent. I also wanted people to see that not everyone who loves instead of point blanks every response he/she makes is not a weak person. Nor does a strong person always make his responses or actions in your face but rather can say things to get a person to think and do things that are thoughtful and intelligent.
I'm sure there are enough hints in the story to make it apparent who the man in the story is. That and the fact my religious icon is what it is should tell you.
I'm still a little unclear as to who you're talking about, maybe you could engrave "Jesus" on a sledgehammer and beat me into semi-consciousness with it? ;)

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Seeker said:
Not weak, no. Just disastrously naive, you can't fight injustice with fine words and good intentions.

No, but doing so always makes people angry.

The Seeker said:
I'm still a little unclear as to who you're talking about, maybe you could engrave "Jesus" on a sledgehammer and beat me into semi-consciousness with it? ;)

*kink* *kink* *tapita-tapita-tapita* *kink* *kink*

*WONK!*

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Seeker said:
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean that doing so will anger the people in power? Or that it will spur others to fight?

Both

It angers the people with power or thier followers, and will spur other to the fight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums