Jul 24, 2007
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord has blessed me with a new (well, almost, it's a 2006) vehicle. I was in an accident (not my fault) and the insurance company totaled out my truck so I cannot legally drive it anymore. At least until I fix it then have it taken through 2 inspections. After that I can get clear title on it.

Well I bought another vehicle in the meantime. The dealer already has given me the vehicle and I haven't even put one penny down on it yet, lol.

I had told them I would put $1,000 down as soon as I get the insurance check. I will still have plenty leftover to pay some other bills too! ^_^

I was going to leave and told them I would be back next week with the down payment and to pick the vehicle up.

They said, "You don't understand. The vehicle is YOURS! TAKE IT HOME, enjoy it!"

I was baffled. I was approved for far more than I thought I would be and they even sell it to me with no money down! Gets up to 35mpg too.

It's a Chevy HHR ("Heritage High Roof"): http://www.hhrclub.org/galleries/apo2943/1001.jpg

Not my pic but it's the same color. Mine has different alloy rims too. This thing will be quite comfortable for road trips and vacations Loaded with luxuries and features.

Thank you Jesus! :bow:

Reactions: EmbracingHim
Jul 24, 2007
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Insurance check came today and I brought the $1,000 in to the dealer to put down on it.

Taking another road trip in it tomorrow to go pay some property taxes. Took the day off of work to do this but will have to work Saturday to make up for it.

This thing is FUN to drive and 35mpg to boot! Yippee! :clap:

Upvote 0

EmbracingHim

My foundation, my heart, our Rock, our Lord
Sep 3, 2006
California
✟17,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here in CA...you will always have a salvage title on a salvaged car to my understanding (even after inspections required on salvage titles--correct me if I am wrong though).

After my accident I was told this, but my car ended up being returned to me without a salvage title.

It can still be used and sold as salvage though and profit either way is made (if you need a second vehicle or you can usually sell the car more than it costs to fix if it wasn't severly damaged and you have a 'reasonably' priced place to take the vehicle.

I'm very happy you were not hurt in your accident and that the insurance company is being fair and reasonable with you.

May the Lord continue to bless you richly for serving and Loving Him.:angel: <--see Sir Francis...they have angel emoticons on this site. ^_^ (Glad to see you posting and you probably won't require a GPS after a little while of getting used to this site). :hug:

Upvote 0