• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

A new car!

Discussion in 'Praise Reports' started by SirFrancisDrake, Oct 28, 2007.

1. SirFrancisDrake

SirFrancisDrake Newbie

+2
    Christian
    Single
    The Lord has blessed me with a new (well, almost, it's a 2006) vehicle. I was in an accident (not my fault) and the insurance company totaled out my truck so I cannot legally drive it anymore. At least until I fix it then have it taken through 2 inspections. After that I can get clear title on it.

Well I bought another vehicle in the meantime. The dealer already has given me the vehicle and I haven't even put one penny down on it yet, lol.

I had told them I would put $1,000 down as soon as I get the insurance check. I will still have plenty leftover to pay some other bills too! ^_^

I was going to leave and told them I would be back next week with the down payment and to pick the vehicle up.

They said, "You don't understand. The vehicle is YOURS! TAKE IT HOME, enjoy it!"

I was baffled. I was approved for far more than I thought I would be and they even sell it to me with no money down! Gets up to 35mpg too.

It's a Chevy HHR ("Heritage High Roof"): http://www.hhrclub.org/galleries/apo2943/1001.jpg

Not my pic but it's the same color. Mine has different alloy rims too. This thing will be quite comfortable for road trips and vacations Loaded with luxuries and features.

Thank you Jesus! :bow:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 August Awesome

+9,716
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Good luck on your new car!

3. SirFrancisDrake

SirFrancisDrake Newbie

+2
    Christian
    Single
    The Insurance check came today and I brought the $1,000 in to the dealer to put down on it.

Taking another road trip in it tomorrow to go pay some property taxes. Took the day off of work to do this but will have to work Saturday to make up for it.

This thing is FUN to drive and 35mpg to boot! Yippee! :clap:

4. EmbracingHim

EmbracingHim My foundation, my heart, our Rock, our Lord

+88
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Here in CA...you will always have a salvage title on a salvaged car to my understanding (even after inspections required on salvage titles--correct me if I am wrong though).

After my accident I was told this, but my car ended up being returned to me without a salvage title.

It can still be used and sold as salvage though and profit either way is made (if you need a second vehicle or you can usually sell the car more than it costs to fix if it wasn't severly damaged and you have a 'reasonably' priced place to take the vehicle.

I'm very happy you were not hurt in your accident and that the insurance company is being fair and reasonable with you.

May the Lord continue to bless you richly for serving and Loving Him.:angel: <--see Sir Francis...they have angel emoticons on this site. ^_^ (Glad to see you posting and you probably won't require a GPS after a little while of getting used to this site). :hug:

5. Toobcherished

Toobcherished Regular Member

+9
    Christian
    Married
    Praise God! Im very happy for you.

6. Ariella

Ariella Daughter of the King

+10,776
    Christian
    Single
    that is really great :thumbsup: glad you were blessed in such a way :)