Dec 17, 2005
United States
✟2,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a root of bitterness.

Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

How can I so confidently recognize that?
Because I have struggled constantly for two years with layer after layer of bitterness.

Forgive me, anyone who has been defiled by it. As always, PLEASE check what I say against the WORD and seek GOD. Don't take my word for it ;)

Now that I have forgiven HeWho, I release bitterness toward him.

However, that does not address his bitterness, which goes back...
and has little to do with anyone on the forums IMHO...

Upvote 0

Psalm63

Dec 17, 2005
United States
✟2,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not ashamed of anything I put on here.
They read it.
It is public, as is the behavior which brought me here to vent.

That said, I would be fine with deleting this thread. The addition of S as moderator and the moderating activity lately gives me hope that the bad behavior is now being disciplined....
Which takes away the need for venting.

I do not believe deleting this thread will resolve anyone's root of bitterness. Each one has to look in the mirror of God's Word and stop pointing the finger at others for that to happen.

Upvote 0

HopesDreams

Aug 9, 2006
✟15,749.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On a generic discussion about forgiveness:

I do not believe forgiveness and friendship go hand in hand. We can forgive our enemies but that doesn't mean that we make our enemies our friends. We can have compassion for our enemies but that doesn't mean that we make our enemies our friends.

I'm reminded of my comments about forgiveness for adultry in marriage. I believe that trust should be given to be lost. But that clearly is when a person is one whom we believe is worthy of a relationship or friendship.

I believe Jesus does not command us to befriend everyone, but that we have tollerance for everyone. There's a difference if you think about it.

Turning the other cheek means not lashing out in retaliation. It does not mean to be a doormat and to not guard against the enemy. There's a difference between attacking and guarding.

That's it for my random thoughts on forgiveness and enemies.

Upvote 0

SabrinaFair

Happily married to MetalDave!!!
Aug 9, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MsJL said:
The list...

At this point, should anyone else but me be on it?

Seems to me, they have a different goal over there.

Tell you what: Someone think about posting the thread from last October 18th, the slander of me that HW posted and the mods wouldn't deal with (except to shut down and ban, etc.) - if people need to know the history. I think they do.

To be honest, I don't think I need to know about what happened in the past. I've seen enough in the short time I've been on FL, and that has been enough. I've seen the attacks on people and their hurt or attempts to protect themselves turned into ugly labels and stuck onto them thread after thread. I've seen a lot of hurt go on in the name of Biblical truth and God given responsibility to spread this "truth".

I've had to pad my own armor thickly to stand. I'm weary. I just want the love of Christ and fellow believers, I just want some tender care from the tribulations of everyday life. I don't need hacked on more, and I don't want to keep my sword and shield up all day to defend myself.

That is why I decided to stay here after visiting. The atmosphere is welcoming, and everyone here has made me feel welcome like a Sister who has value in words and heart. Thank you all for sanctuary. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Joyandpeace

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
SabrinaFair said:
To be honest, I don't think I need to know about what happened in the past. I've seen enough in the short time I've been on FL, and that has been enough. I've seen the attacks on people and their hurt or attempts to protect themselves turned into ugly labels and stuck onto them thread after thread. I've seen a lot of hurt go on in the name of Biblical truth and God given responsibility to spread this "truth".

I've had to pad my own armor thickly to stand. I'm weary. I just want the love of Christ and fellow believers, I just want some tender care from the tribulations of everyday life. I don't need hacked on more, and I don't want to keep my sword and shield up all day to defend myself.

That is why I decided to stay here after visiting. The atmosphere is welcoming, and everyone here has made me feel welcome like a Sister who has value in words and heart. Thank you all for sanctuary. :groupray:

Thank for saying all of this Sabrina.
It means more to me than you can ever know!

Upvote 0

TenderWarrior1

Fighting The Three Headed Dragon
Nov 11, 2005
Washington State
✟1,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SabrinaFair said:
I just want the love of Christ and fellow believers, I just want some tender care from the tribulations of everyday life. I don't need hacked on more, and I don't want to keep my sword and shield up all day to defend myself.

:amen:

As do we all... and we are so thankful for hearts like yours that share a common bond with us. I'm so glad you're here.

:clap:

Upvote 0

SabrinaFair

Aug 9, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
HopesDreams said:
On a generic discussion about forgiveness:

I do not believe forgiveness and friendship go hand in hand. We can forgive our enemies but that doesn't mean that we make our enemies our friends. We can have compassion for our enemies but that doesn't mean that we make our enemies our friends.

I'm reminded of my comments about forgiveness for adultry in marriage. I believe that trust should be given to be lost. But that clearly is when a person is one whom we believe is worthy of a relationship or friendship.

I believe Jesus does not command us to befriend everyone, but that we have tollerance for everyone. There's a difference if you think about it.

Turning the other cheek means not lashing out in retaliation. It does not mean to be a doormat and to not guard against the enemy. There's a difference between attacking and guarding.

That's it for my random thoughts on forgiveness and enemies.

This is so true Hopes, thank you for sharing your heart on this. Life is hard enough without feeling like God wants us to be treated like doormats, or worse, made us for the express reason of being doormats. :(

God loves me, He counted my hairs and tatooed my face on His hand, I am His precious child. :holy:

Upvote 0

TenderWarrior1

Nov 11, 2005
Washington State
✟1,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm63 said:
I am not ashamed of anything I put on here.
They read it.
It is public, as is the behavior which brought me here to vent.

That said, I would be fine with deleting this thread. The addition of S as moderator and the moderating activity lately gives me hope that the bad behavior is now being disciplined....
Which takes away the need for venting.

I do not believe deleting this thread will resolve anyone's root of bitterness. Each one has to look in the mirror of God's Word and stop pointing the finger at others for that to happen.

I prefer to see this and other threads that we participate on here as more than "venting". I see love for one another, encouragement, freedom to share pain and struggles, prayer, edification, fun, ministry, truth and so much more...

No, I don't think we should delete any of this... it all serves a greater purpose than our individual posts. It enables our ability to speak into one anothers lives in the manner God wants us to... truth with love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopesDreams

Aug 9, 2006
✟15,749.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they are being stalked by an ex-boyfriend?

How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they've been abused?

How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they've been victimized?

How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they've been persecuted by the law?

How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they've been unjustly treated by their church, or members in their church?

I could go on and on but you guys might accuse me of being redundant. ;)

Upvote 0

Joyandpeace

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
✟10,630.00
Faith
Christian
TenderWarrior1 said:
I prefer to see this and other threads that we participate on here as more than "venting". I see love for one another, encouragement, freedom to share pain and struggles, prayer, edification, fun, ministry, truth and so much more...

No, I don't think we should delete any of this... it all serves a greater purpose than our individual posts. It enables our ability to speak into one anothers lives in the manner God wants us to... truth with love.

TW - I trust your opinion on this issue implicitly.

Upvote 0

Psalm63

Dec 17, 2005
United States
✟2,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LuvnHim,

I'm sorry, girl, but I just see you as taking on WAAAAYYYYY too much responsiblity...

(some) women are have a tendency to take on boatloads of responsibility (blame themselves)
And (some) men deny ANY responsibility (despite boatloads of evidence)...

Maybe that is part of what is encompassed in "weaker vessel" and why Jesus is so very gentle- with no exception- towards women.

PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE, stop being so hard on yourself. You did business with GOD, you fixed your behavior, you publicly owned (more IMHO) than your responsibility.

You are washed, you are clean, you are free.
Jesus LOVES you.
Your Father in heaven is proud of you, of your progress.

Stop apologizing.
I think you have some forgiving of the unrepentant to do.

Love ya!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TenderWarrior1

Nov 11, 2005
Washington State
✟1,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HopesDreams said:
How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they are being stalked by an ex-boyfriend?

How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they've been abused?

How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they've been victimized?

How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they've been persecuted by the law?

How is this thread different from when someone comes to a Christian forum for support because they've been unjustly treated by their church, or members in their church?

I could go on and on but you guys might accuse me of being redundant. ;)

I've seen it way too many times... the people that insist that Christians shouldn't be negatively affected by just such circumstances... and as a result, we shouldn't discuss it... that we should simply hold our chin up high and take it - and that if we show any vulnerability at all (or a need to discuss it and seek support from those who love us), well then, we just aren't being very good Christians. It drives me nuts... and is a complete distortion of the truth. That's why you will find a lot of people trying to control you from sharing your pain and speaking out when you have been wronged.

:sigh:

Upvote 0

HopesDreams

Aug 9, 2006
✟15,749.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm63 said:
I'm just so incredibly edified :D

I don't have enough posts to give you the hug I wanted to give you. So just imagine a yellow smiley guy with long arms giving you a great big hug! (Mine is cuter than the one they have here. Thsi one looks like a frightening, mechanical hug here.)

Upvote 0

SabrinaFair

Aug 9, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Psalm63 said:
LuvnHim,

I'm sorry, girl, but I just see you as taking on WAAAAYYYYY too much responsiblity...

(some) women are have a tendency to take on boatloads of responsibility (blame themselves)

Maybe that is part of what is encompassed in "weaker vessel" and why Jesus is so very gentle- with no exception- towards women.

PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE, stop being so hard on yourself. You did business with GOD, you fixed your behavior, you publicly owned (more IMHO) than your responsibility.

Jesus LOVES you.

Stop apologizing.

Love ya!

Luvn- God shared some wisdom on this in His word that I think is very important for all of us to take to heart-

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=10&verse=14&version=31&context=verse
Matthew 10:
13If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.
14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=10&verse=14&version=31&context=verse

Upvote 0

TenderWarrior1

Nov 11, 2005
Washington State
✟1,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm63 said:
LuvnHim,

Jesus LOVES you.

Stop apologizing.

Love ya!

:amen: :amen: :amen:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.