A Messianic Bible Study Thread - Is Anyone Interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
justinhulsey said:
I was thinking of starting a chapter by chapter discussion of one of the gospels. Is anyone interested?

I don't concider myself a teacher on any level, so it would pretty much have to be an open discussion. Matthew, maybe? Anyone up for a 30 page argument about the virgin birth? ;) (that's a joke, btw)
If Gentiles are welcome I would be interested. :)

Upvote 0

INOrder

Mar 11, 2004
✟222.00
Faith
Judaism
Hello Justin,

that would be a great idea. I dont mind joining- and i know that the rules do not allow to debate so i will keep close watch on myself.
If you would allow me to participate and share some insight?

From what I believe it was Sojeru that commented on his belief that the New Testament is like the Talmud and other writings of Judaism.

If I may suggest, from the list that was made by Sojeru, I would like to begin with Mark- I would really like to see those comparisons he is speaking, is just that I have been slow at it because i never really cared for engagin in a study about it.
But since you brought this thread up to light- I think I would enjoy engaging in such a study.
I will begin looking into mark now to see how everything correlates as the 1st that is needed for any student in traditional Judaism.

well,
thank you for your kind hospitality on the boards.

bye

Upvote 0

iitb

a.k.a. insaneinthebrain
Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟17,935.00
Faith
Judaism
INOrder said:
I am so sorry,
you are the leaders of this forum and even if your not, i believe that you have more say than I.
Please do not let me intrude on where you wish to begin.

if it is the "virgin birth" then so be it done.

So I will follow your decision on this study

bye
Eh, you have nothing to apologize for. I was actually joking, as the virgin birth can be a huge distraction, just as the lineage found in Matthew can. Both are valid discussions, but are also easy to get bogged down in. Mark leaves out both, so we might actually get to discuss stuff beyond chapter 1. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blessed2

Oct 21, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟710.00
Faith
Messianic
I'd love that! May I join?
P.S.
The virgin birth doesn't disturb me....I'm confused about the catholic view of Mary as
The immaculate conception....born without original sin, prayed to etc......remained a virgin forever and suggests
that she ascended and never died?
Very confusing and I can't find anything like that in the bible. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

koilias

Ancient Hassid in the making
Aug 16, 2003
Cambridge MA
Visit site
✟1,388.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
This will be interesting...Yes do tackle Markus. Our most expansive (midrashic) gospel, as my teachers like to say.

And lest any here think that Markus is our tamest or most original gospel, I'll be happy to be your Jerusalem School gadfly in this discussion. Markus is a master of midrash. He brings Jewish tradition to bear in his storytelling.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
koilias said:
This will be interesting...Yes do tackle Markus. Our most expansive (midrashic) gospel, as my teachers like to say.

And lest any here think that Markus is our tamest or most original gospel, I'll be happy to be your Jerusalem School gadfly in this discussion. Markus is a master of midrash. He brings Jewish tradition to bear in his storytelling.
Most excellent!!! Getting hungry!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.