A message from Adam to all of humanity as given to Pastor Rick Joyner!

Where do you personally think that Pastor Rick Joyner got this message?

• I tend to strongly suspect that his message is from God and is probably true!

• I suspect that Rick Joyner is one of the most intelligent Christian deceivers.

• I suspect that Rick Joyner may have been involved in LSD tests in the '60's!

• OK, that is pretty good...I think I will read it one more time!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But it's still your opinion. If that Bentley was a quack it still doesn't mean he's not a Christian and it's nobody's job to say that he's not except for God's. And I'm not impressed by the use of scripture here. It's used out of convenience, one moment God's word, and the next, stated as not being completely true. Jesus was a lot more compassionate than you make him out to be.

There's some serious religious self righteousness going on in this forum combined with large doses of holier than thouism. Humility was a quality Jesus had that fights all of these spiritual defects. Love was the greatest though. It's in my signature below, especially part 2 ----Love thy neighbor as thyself and that means put love into action. Just a parting thought. think about some of the people Jesus loved, thieves, prostitutes, beggars and others. If one follows Jesus, they will truly learn how to love.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. Pray that they start a forum for
those who have the "Christian" icon...

You need to get out more brother. We have scores of other forums here of many flavors. Cruise around the board a bit. I bet you'll find one or two that you really like.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
But it's still your opinion. If that Bentley was a quack it still doesn't mean he's not a Christian and it's nobody's job to say that he's not except for God's.
Then the term Christian is being used very loosely. A demon possessed man, by his own admission, continues on claiming to be imparting the holy spirit by kicking women in the face, and giving people false hope, is not a Christian in my eyes, and yes I do have a right to make an opinion. If it's nobodys job to say who is a Christian and who is not, maybe you should talk to the owner here who by his TOS states who is and who isn't. Also, better yet, perhaps you should make an inquiry of Rome who up until recently didn't recognize any Protestants as Christian.

And I'm not impressed by the use of scripture here. It's used out of convenience, one moment God's word, and the next, stated as not being completely true. Jesus was a lot more compassionate than you make him out to be.
I wasn't trying to impress you or anyone else. What I posted is not in conflict with previous scripture so does not present a problem to me.
The person who obeys my heavenly Father's will is my brother and sister and mother."

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but
he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Just about every word he preaches goes against G-ds word, and I will speak out about it, this is showing love it, not all feel good and flowers.

Yes put love into action, that means telling someone or warning someone when their soul is in danger, if you want to call that holier than thou, be my guest, but name calling won't change my loving.

David, did you watch any of those videos? If you did, can you really say anyone that supports that false prophet behavior and total disregard for people is a Christian?

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
was a big fan of his until i was reading "final quest" and ran across the words "its not a sin to take the mark" i stopped reading anything eles he ever wrote
Heard about others who noted there were similar issues of errror within the "Final Quest" book--and in reading it, I have to agree with that there are alot things that others need to consider whenever going counter to what the book says.

In regards to Joyner as well as some of the other teachers discussed in the thread (like Todd Bently), Something to consider...

Jude 1:17-23

20But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. 21Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22Be merciful to those who doubt; 23snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mer cy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

As one man said best (John Macarther):
As Paul warned Titus, we need to be on guard/o n the lookout for people who ACTIVELY SPREAD/TEACH WRONG DOCTRINES AND LEAD OTHERS INTO ERRORAnd whether those false teachers teach simply out of confusion, speaking misguided opinions without checking them against the Word, or whether they have evil motives and pretend to be Christians only so they can get more money (“dishonest gain&#8221, additional buisness or a feeling of power from being a leader in the church, we’re still again warned to be on the lookout for them since their teachings attack the foundations of truth and integrity upon which the Christian faith is built (Mark 13:22, Acts 20:29, II Thessalonians 2:3-12, II Peter 3:3-7 and given directions in how to deal with such people (Titus 1:10-14)

And to be clear, as said before, one who spreads a false teaching doesn't equate with them automatically being "unsaved" or not a believer who loves the Lord. What is clear, however, is that one can still be saved and yet involved in teachings that can greatly harm others...and thus, there can be no worship of individuals in accepting WHATEVER they say if/when it goes against the scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree with Joyner in what he noted when it comes to pointing others to Christ more so than to themselves, as that happens often enough. As it concerns Joyner, what often happens is that even truths spoken by men may not always be applied to them by others following---and with Joyner, although I have read his material, digesting him daily is not something I see one being able to do without coming into conflict with some points in the Word where one has to disagree if/when it goes counter to what Christ advocated. For not everything the man writes or does takes others to Jesus.

Alot of their material, to be truthful, has often been addressed as not really lining up with the Word at all points--and even with Sola Scriptura, "winning" is not the purpose of discussion, as anyone can do that when simply reading a scripture but not having the full context of it. I'm aware of how Armstrong taught the observance of principles that he believed could be inferred from biblical intent--although truthfully, that does not always play out nor can it ever do so without issue since all people do that when it comes to simply reading text without understanding the Jewish/Hebraic culture, historical background and the ways things were interpreted.

Alot of what Hebert W noted was addressed later by members of the church...one of the most notable being how the use of medicine and doctors was discouraged because members were expected to place their faith in God for healing...and another being on long hair not being allowed for men, nor piercings.

Herbert Amstrong said many good things in line with scripture and yet was one who was often checked publically repeatedly for making claims he said were based on the Bible and yet many of them were far from what scripture even noted. ..with these theological doctrines and teachings referred to as Armstrongism....especially as it concerns his teachings of biblical prophecy in light of British Israelism ( discussed here). For that is a racist ideology toward Jewish believers in Christ, often confused for being Messianic) or other things. And to be clear, concerning how Armstrong taught a form of British Israelism, British Israelism is the belief that those of Western European descent, notably England (Ephraim) and the United States (Manasseh), are direct descendants of the ancient northern Kingdom of Israel. This theory is inconsistent with the findings of modern research on the genetic history of Jews..and has been discussed often, even though others holding to it may be in support of other things done by Messianics (i.e. Dietary Codes, Kosher, Celebrating Sabbath, etc). Grace Communion International, the lineal successor to Armstrong's original church, no longer teaches the doctrine, but many offshoot churches continue to teach it even though critics assert that British Israelism is inconsistent with the findings of modern genetics.

More on this has been shared on the boards before---as seen here and here and here. ..as well as explained by other solid MEssianic Ministries discussing the variations within what's known as "Two-House" and how it can easily be corrupted if not knowing the difference between Gentiles being apart of the Messianic Movement and British Israelism. For more, one can consider J.K McKee of TNN Online..as seen here:

The fact that Armstrong was not for Birracial marriages and Interracial marriage was also discouraged as Armstrong emphasized requirements for Ancient Israelites (who, according to British Israelism, became Western Europeans) to remain racially and religiously separate from other nations....that is something that should be enough of a warning for one to be cautious when considering what the man has to say.

For more on that:

And for more on others who were impacted negatively by Armstrong:

• Herbert W. Armstrong inappropriate contentographer » The Painful Truth Blog
  • The Painful Truth: A collection of Facts, Opinions and Comments from survivors of Herbert W. Armstrong, Garner Ted Armstrong, The Worldwide Church of God and its Daughters". Herbert W. Armstrong, Garner Ted Armstrong, Worldwide Church of God.
  • Exit and Support Network: Aiding those spiritually abused by Worldwide Church of God, Philadelphia Church of God and all affiliated high demand offshoots". Exit and Support Network
. I'm still bothered by the sexual advances Garner Ted Armstrong made on a woman during a massage before he was asked to step down..

Not saying that neither of them were "Christians"--but on the same token, there are simply way too many things for one to be casual in accepting (or being enthusiastic) on everything they note...

My motivation to be here at this discussion forum is partly good....but also partly an ego trip just like that writer whose books had been a major source of encouragement for Rick Joyner himself!
If ego is involved, it's generally not a good thing to continue in it until it is not apart of the focus. For that's when it's no longer about what the Lord desires of us in the Word--but on what we personally think...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution

Yeshua said "by their fruit you will know them." If their fruit is contrary to Scripture then it is:
1) not our opinion but G-d's
2) we would be disobedient to call one who's fruit is anti-Scriptural mishpokha (family)
3) Scripture warns us to flee from those who make their own gospel or join the Gospel of Truth with that which is pagan or unscriptural
4) the time is coming, and may now be, when "many will come in [His] Name" but are not of G-d
5) we must use Both charity AND wise discernment to keep the vision of ourselves and our fellow travelers on the straight and narrow path of Truth and Righteousness. Our very eternal spiritual survival and that of those around us who are as yet unsaved is at stake.

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First, why would Adam come to him?

Adam is dead, we are told not to seek to talk to the spirits.

Hi Lulav: I thought about this question quite a bit yesterday and it hit me that a simple two page message from Adam to somebody in our time period would play a significant role in .....

There is also a fascinating account of Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua standing to his feet in 1995 that would certainly help to explain much of what has been happening on earth since that time.....

The Hordes of Hell are Marching

Rabbi Jesus was probably born somewhere between 6 BCE to 4 BCE so 1995 would be 2000 years, two metaphorical days since his birth as a human in Bethlehem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 7 and 18 must be a bit of an embarrassment to you, then? Not to mention various other places where he insults people, calls them names and where he says it would better if some had a weight tied round their necks and were thrown into a river, plus a few more things, like walking away from people who wanted to be healed. Wonder how he would survive on here with some of his actions and the claims he made at times?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally Posted by DennisTate

Easy G (G²);60234873 said:
[/INDENT][/INDENT]Would you mind explaining what you meant? FOr it seems like you're advocating that the Lord is a created being---and I wasn't certain if that is what you were about.

Good question Easy G....After teaching English in Quito, Ecuador for over a year I returned home to Canada determined to be more socially and politically active. I ran for public office as an independent three times and joined one of Canada's Political Parties in 2009.

Here in Canada the provincial level of government has jurisdiction over education and i believe that it is possible to write up a number of variations on Theistic Evolutionary Theory that actually could end up being taught in schools within a few years or decades.

I personally could not write such a text book but this blog could be used to get some people together who could handle such a project.

Dogmatic Atheists Lack Mathematical Aptitude.
Dogmatic Atheists Lack Mathematical Aptitude.

In a sense I am taking this verse in Genesis much further than it usually is taken:

Gen 1:27
So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

How does human life start?

Well, as a spermatozoa that could perhaps be compared with a Super String and with a ova that could perhaps be compared with Super Energetic Matter or Super Wave?!

I really should start a separate thread with this topic because in a Catholic discussion board a high percentage of those polled thought that the idea that perhaps our Creator has in a sense evolved or learned or gotten better and better and better at creating sounded rather blasphemous!?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7648510/#post60246893
Theistic Evolutionary Theory, could our Creator have evolved/learned?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution

It IS blasphemous.

It also sounds like you've been going around hunting an audience for your unscriptural and blasphemous ideas.

Why have you come to our Forum? You are not here to learn about MJism (the only legitimate reason for you being here), rather you are teaching paganism and blasphemy.

To the Forum: "DANGER Will Robin!!"

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

i appreciate your zeal Henaynei. You could be right but I do feel that it is time for God's people to get more and more involved in political parties. This is the best that I personally can do with this idea at this time.

We need some variation on Intelligent Design or Theistic Evolutionary Theory that could give our young people an alternative to the extreme skepticism or outright atheism that they are taught at this time.

I personally believe that Adam and Eve were created from the dust of the ground as a separate species made in the image of the Creator but I am open to the idea that our Creator conducted an infinite number of Big Bang events over essentially infinite time in the past that could in a sense be termed at least somewhat experimental.

I believe that that the fall of Lucifer in a sense could be compared with an experiment going wrong in that once created beings are given genuine freedom of choice they of course can go off in entirely the wrong direction.

I believe that Gods' people are facing difficult choices that fit with the report brought to them by Joshua and Caleb that they are capable of going in and taking the land vs the idea that we are too weak and unlearned and lack the finances to do so.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Got ya. Thanks for the backdrop..
In a sense I am taking this verse in Genesis much further than it usually is taken:

Gen 1:27
Pause, as the first dynamic in scripture is NEVER going beyond where the context of scripture was intended to go or saying something the intended audience of Scripture never was accepting of. For within Jewish culture, it has always been the thought that God is not a created being who evolved to become like he was. Within sci-fi/humanism, that thought is readily accepted--like Q from the Q continum in "Startrek the Next Generation" or the Wormhole Aliens/"Prophets" from "Startrek: Deep Space Nine"..but never within Judaism (or Christianity).

How does human life start?

Well, as a spermatozoa that could perhaps be compared with a Super String and with a ova that could perhaps be compared with Super Energetic Matter or Super Wave?!
Dude, none of what you noted has ever been verified or proven scientifically---and many times, it's outright rejected in the world of science. Pseudo-Science is often what it is called..
Sincerly, I'm not surprised. The reason they did so was because it was.....and always will be blasphemous, to say that God started out like out us, ignorant...and has since grown.

To be clear, what is noted is not the same as saying it's impossible for the Lord to learn/interact with His creation. ..or that the Lord may not choose in His Sovereignty to limit aspects of what He can know. For that is what branches within Christianity advocate such as Open Theism--be it Greg Boyd ( more discussed here in Greg’s Letter.doc ) or John Sanders and many others. Some of this I've discussed before on the forums in debate....and there's nothing wrong with it when it comes to wrestling with how the character of the Lord is described, such as Genesis 6 when the Lord said "I am grieved I have made man" prior to the Flood or texts such as "And the Lord changed His mind." when Moses interceded for the Israelities so that the Lord would not destroy them (Exodus 32, Numbers 13-14, etc)...and many others. This goes in line with the thought that there are certain aspects of creation which the Lord has left open to possibilities rather than all things being set in stone....and all hold to that concept on one level or another.

As Greg Boyd noted:

That said..

Saying that God was like us in the beginning...truthfully, it comes off akin to what is said in Mormonism when they claim that God was a man once like us and was created--later evolving into what He is and given us the same opportunity.
http://www.christianforums.com/t7648510/#post60246893
Theistic Evolutionary Theory isn't something others should have an issue with, IMHO, if describing the means that the Lord created the world --and that is something that many, in the debates of the origins of life, have brought up when it comes to differing views...be it Young Earth Creationism, Old Earth Creationism or Gap Theory and a host of other things that are often discussed whenever it comes to addressing the issue of Secular evolutionary theory that says the world simply came out of nowhere. The same goes for the concept of how the Lord, as a creator, loves to Create and has done so with many differing things/in differing ways---some of this discussed on the MJish boards before here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

However, within that, being a disciple of Christ requires that one not believe that the Lord HIMSELF evolved over time. For that is a central concept within Christianity and Judaism---that the Lord was not a being made of energy that grew into What he was and has His own evolution going on...but rather, that He was UNCREATED, without BEGINNING or END

Isaiah 46:10
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
Revelation 21:5-7

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Revelation 22:12-14
If others in the unbelieving world don't wish to believe in God unless they can see Him as another creation like themselves, it doesn't mean that believers must find ways to find/make up theories that would appease them...and even others who may be Theistic Evolutionists themselves have noted that often when it comes to pandering to whatever people in the world want without realizing that they do not get to set the terms of engagement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It IS blasphemous.
Agreed, as it concerns certain aspects...and dangerous to mess with. Talking with other young adults (as I'm a Youth Worker), the thought that God evolved with the universe (i.e. many Big Bangs until it turned out right, God growing in energy, etc) were ideas that've come up before and yet they were never something that attracted them to Christ

To the Forum: "DANGER Will Robin!!"

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app
If not being aware of it, that's one thing. But continuing in it would be another, as it's not apart of the SOP or what CF was about in the larger sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I do believe firmly that God always existed...but I question if something similar to time going by occurred before God knew exactly how to make a squirrel???

They are amazing little creatures that in a sense could be compared to prophets because when a hunter goes into the woods looking for a deer, the squirrels warn every animal for many kilometres that danger is approaching. Frankly, I have good reason to believe that many squirrels have actually been shot for doing exactly that...the comparison is obvious!

Time at all as we know it would not exist previous to the creation of space and from what I have read regarding fundamental energy it would ALWAYS have existed!

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Again, there's a difference between what historical Christianity (as well as Judaism) has noted when saying that the Lord has left certain things open-ended/interacts with His creation and saying that the Lord was like us once in that even He evolved and was created.....as that latter thought is what Mormonism teaches.

And for the sake of clarity, as said before in another discussion:

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith

Squirrelly prophets. I like that.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I am of the belief that our generation, although physically and mentally weaker by far than the generation of the first century church is set up to understand a level of meaning in scripture that could not have been comprehended previous to the information explosion of our era.

Jeremiah 23:20
The anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.