Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Was this directed toward me? I believe that the Ruach comes to all people who have a heart for YHWH.
Acts 13:35
Sure I agree, and how much more the sons of G-d? He calls all people to become sons through faith. How much more does he call those who he formed through Avraham?

Be careful not to lump those who were taught by the Ruach before Yeshua came as only teaching the traditions of men. Too many times I've seen Messianic believers lump all Rabbinical Judaism in with Church fathers and reject them all in the name of .........wait for it..... oral Torah. The belief that the Ruach has been given to you because the Jews were so unfaithful that they completely rejected any Word of the Spirit whatsoever. But now because of faith in Yeshua you have been given the Spirit to guide and lead you to HaShem. G-d Spoke to Moshe, and now you are using the Ruach to further define your path in this day.

Why is it this didn't work for the physical descendants of Avaham all those long years? As if we were incapable of continuing to hear from G-d at all? To this day? But only believers in Yeshua, or Jesus can now receive his wonderful Spirit to listen to? As if HaShem as been silent all these years with Yisrael? Starting when.....Ezra, Nehemiah? But they were the remnant to return. Maybe David/Shlomo? But one's hands were full of blood and the other became drunk on his kingdom. I know! Moshe, you have to rely on Moshe right? He received the Torah! But did he receive the Torah in his merit, or the merit of his forefathers...... o.k. Joseph... Sold to slavery and became leader of a gentile kingdom. Jacob!...Isac! AVRAHAM! Yes, in the merit of Avraham do we have our connection with HaShem. All the rest, the seat wrangling, the overt posturing of authority over the other comes from the adversary.

G-d has been silent with us. But it's not because he has forsaken us but just the opposite. It's because we are silent with him. We have forgotten how to pray to him in Spirit and Truth. And He has been merciful and patient with us. Remaining silent because of our sins, as we remain silent as well, asking HaShem to teach us how to pray. And we will only learn this when our Moshiach comes to straighten out the bent and restore that which was taken. Yeshua has begun this tikkun, to repair the world.

Avraham purchased all mankind, and Moshiach is going to restore that which was stolen, as a gift. But we should be very careful not to forsake that which G-d has called clean from the beginning. yes?

Isaiah 44 “But now listen, Jacob My servant,
Israel, whom I have chosen.”
2 Thus says Adonai who made you,
and formed you from the womb,
who will help you:
“Do not fear, Jacob My servant,
Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.
3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land
and streams on the dry ground.
I will pour My Spirit on your offspring,
and My blessing on your descendants.​

Matthew 13
51 “Have you understood all these things?”

They said to Him, “Yes.”

52 Then He said to them, “Therefore every Torah scholar discipled for the kingdom of heaven is like the master of a household who brings out of his treasure both new things and old.”

Acts 3
34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said, “I truly understand that God is not one to show favoritism, 35 but in every nation the one who fears Him and does what is right is acceptable to Him. 36 You know the message He sent to Bnei-Yisrael, proclaiming shalom through Messiah Yeshua—He is Lord of all. 37 You know the message that has spread throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the immersion that John proclaimed. 38 You know how God anointed Yeshua of Natzeret with the Ruach ha-Kodesh and power—how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him. 39 We are witnesses to all He did, both in the Judean countryside and in Jerusalem. They put Him to death by hanging Him on a tree, 40 but God raised Him up on the third day and caused Him to be visible— 41 not to all the people, but to us, witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God. We ate and drank with Him after He rose from the dead. 42 And He commanded us to proclaim to the people and to testify that He is the One ordained by God as Judge of the living and the dead. 43 All the prophets testify about Him—that everyone who puts his trust in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name.”
Tell me HARK, what did Kefa say Yeshua commanded him? And why did he not mention anything about la'asok, doing works of Torah? And this message, who was it originally given to? The sons of Yisrael. So wouldn't blindly equating the message of the sons of Yisrael with the traditions of men be a misnomer?

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So wouldn't blindly equating the message of the sons of Yisrael with the traditions of men be a misnomer?

Was Yahshua talking to the son's of Israel; was he blind; when he rebuked the traditions of men?

Upvote 0

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Was Yahshua talking to the son's of Israel; was he blind; when he rebuked the traditions of men?
Yes, speaking to the sons. No, not blind.
Did all Pharisees teach the traditions of men? Did you know Yeshua followed the traditions of the Pharises?

Are all Jewish traditions of men? Or did the Ruach speak to the sons of Yisrael throughout their generations?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, speaking to the sons. No, not blind.

Who was Yahshua addressing in this verse?

(CLV) Jn 8:39
They answered and say to Him, "Our father is Abraham." Jesus answered them, "If you are children of Abraham, did you ever do the works of Abraham?

Did all Pharisees teach the traditions of men?

I don't like to make absolute statements; but probably.

Did you know Yeshua followed the traditions of the Pharises?

I've never met anyone who didn't follow some sort of tradition of men.

Are all Jewish traditions of men?

Why do you keep making this about Jews? There are the traditions of men; and there are the laws of YHWH. Those who belong to YHWH, put YHWH over the traditions of men.

Or did the Ruach speak to the sons of Yisrael throughout their generations?

This question is teetering on a false dichotomy.

The more relevant question is whether or not the son's of Israel were led by the Ruach throughout their generations.

Upvote 0

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
52 Then He said to them, “Therefore every Torah scholar discipled for the kingdom of heaven is like the master of a household who brings out of his treasure both new things and old.”
Did all Pharisees teach the traditions of men?
I don't like to make absolute statements; but probably.
It seems Yeshua believes there are Torah scholars discipled for the kingdom of heaven. And they are 'like the master of a household'.

Here is the context;
Matthew 13
36 Then He sent the crowds away and went into the house. His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.”
37 He answered, “The one sowing the good seed is the Son of Man, 38 and the field is the world. And the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the weeds are the sons of the evil one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Therefore just as the weeds are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks and those who practice lawlessness. 42 They will throw them into the fiery furnace; in that place will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear!

44 “The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid. And because of his joy, he goes out and sells all that he has and buys that field.

45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. 46 Upon finding a pearl of great value, he went out and sold all that he had and bought it.

47 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet that was cast into the sea, gathering things of every kind. 48 When it was filled, they pulled it ashore; and they sat down and gathered up the good into containers, but threw the bad away. 49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth and separate the wicked from among the righteous 50 and throw them into the fiery furnace; in that place will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

51 “Have you understood all these things?”

They said to Him, “Yes.”

Weeds grown among the wheat, and a dragnet cast into the sea gathering all kinds. When fully grown and the nets are full the angels will separate the wicked from the righteous. Now what does the Torah scholar have to do with this context? It seems Yeshua concludes that understanding the kingdom of heaven is more than achievable for the Torah scholar, no? In fact I would submit to you that not only is it possible, the two are related.

And let's remember that the identity of the aforementioned Torah scholar is a Jewish pharisee. Not someone 2000 yrs later who takes hold of a Torah scroll, holds it up and declares v'zot haTorah outside of the community of Yisrael.

What I find you are not grasping is that Israel was given the authority by HaShem to interpret the Torah that was given to her. It's the way it works. Deut 1:9-17

Romans 11:12-15
Yisrael’s rejection of the Messiah does not result in God’s rejection of Yisrael as the chosen people. In the end they will return. And that will result in greater riches and life from the dead. There is a time
coming when the Jewish people will receive their Messiah. In fact it has already begun. Messianic
Judaism is evidence of this.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sure I agree, and how much more the sons of G-d?

How would you define sons of Elohim?

He calls all people to become sons through faith. How much more does he call those who he formed through Avraham?

You are on the right track. It is of belief, not of bloodline.

(CLV) Ro 9:13
according as it is written, "Jacob I love, yet Esau I hate."

Be careful not to lump those who were taught by the Ruach before Yeshua came as only teaching the traditions of men.

I made no such claim.

Too many times I've seen Messianic believers lump all Rabbinical Judaism in with Church fathers and reject them all in the name of .........wait for it..... oral Torah.

I don't reject all of the writings of the Church Fathers, nor the Talmud; but I accept it for what it is. It's commentary. Some of it has value; and some of it is in opposition to YHWH's word.

The "Jewish" facets of my faith fall somewhere between Rabbinic Judaism and Karaite Judaism. Much can be gained from both camps.

The bottom line. I trust Yahshua. I trust the scripture, as it was written. Translations can help. Studying the Hebrew language can help. Peering into the ancient culture can help. Men can help me to understand YHWH's word; but YHWH has the final word.

The belief that the Ruach has been given to you because the Jews were so unfaithful that they completely rejected any Word of the Spirit whatsoever.

Aside from my relationship through Yahshua, my relationship with the Father is independent of the relationships that others have with him. It's a personal relationship. Am I thankful that those who preceded me in YHWH's family, passed on their greater understanding to me? YES! Just as Enoch, just as Abraham, just as Moses accepted YHWH's invitation; as he reached out to them; so he is impartial with me.

But now because of faith in Yeshua you have been given the Spirit to guide and lead you to HaShem. G-d Spoke to Moshe, and now you are using the Ruach to further define your path in this day.

Why is it this didn't work for the physical descendants of Avaham all those long years? As if we were incapable of continuing to hear from G-d at all? To this day? But only believers in Yeshua, or Jesus can now receive his wonderful Spirit to listen to? As if HaShem as been silent all these years with Yisrael? Starting when.....Ezra, Nehemiah? But they were the remnant to return. Maybe David/Shlomo? But one's hands were full of blood and the other became drunk on his kingdom. I know! Moshe, you have to rely on Moshe right? He received the Torah! But did he receive the Torah in his merit, or the merit of his forefathers...... o.k. Joseph... Sold to slavery and became leader of a gentile kingdom. Jacob!...Isac! AVRAHAM! Yes, in the merit of Avraham do we have our connection with HaShem. All the rest, the seat wrangling, the overt posturing of authority over the other comes from the adversary.

G-d has been silent with us. But it's not because he has forsaken us but just the opposite. It's because we are silent with him. We have forgotten how to pray to him in Spirit and Truth. And He has been merciful and patient with us. Remaining silent because of our sins, as we remain silent as well, asking HaShem to teach us how to pray. And we will only learn this when our Moshiach comes to straighten out the bent and restore that which was taken. Yeshua has begun this tikkun, to repair the world.

Avraham purchased all mankind, and Moshiach is going to restore that which was stolen, as a gift. But we should be very careful not to forsake that which G-d has called clean from the beginning. yes?

Messiah has come. The time is now.

Tell me HARK, what did Kefa say Yeshua commanded him? And why did he not mention anything about la'asok, doing works of Torah? And this message, who was it originally given to? The sons of Yisrael. So wouldn't blindly equating the message of the sons of Yisrael with the traditions of men be a misnomer?

Who are the sons of Israel?

Upvote 0