✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tel0004 said:
I cant answer on behalf of all protestentents, but I can answer on behalf of some. Most people honestly dont know what the Catholic church teaches, and some just dont care to research it. There are a lot of misconceptions going on. You could almost say I had hate towards the Catholic church, but as I did research, I found out that a lot of the stuff has more backing from the bible than it seems. I always said no denomation is correct, but as long as we get most right we are ok. That doesnt really make sense. Jesus said we cant hide a city on a hill, and we wont hide

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

That is what happened with me as well, for the most part. I fought against other faiths, not only Catholicism, but Catholicism was not on my list to learn about or research. I felt that it was a foreign faith to me because I didn't know that much about it, but I do know that I was very resistant to it. Once I did start to open up some and ask questions and I asked a lot of questions...lol :) I'm grateful for the kind and gentle answers and guidance that I was shown to me.

It is strange growing up believing one thing about a certain faith and then start researching and learning and then come to realize that Catholicism is more scriptural than I ever knew.

That verse really troubles me more than any in the bible. The church is the light of the world. Why would Jesus hide it for 1500 years until Martin Luther proclaimed the "truth". I always assumed there were always people fighting against the Catholic church (which there were) and marting Luther just organized them, but that verse totally goes against everything I ever thought.

I know what you mean, especially with the above verse. There were a lot of scriptures that I didn't understand their meaning, but I thought that I had, but after doing research and really studying the Catholic faith, there were many scriptures that at one time, I didn't quite understand, but now I do for the most part. I still have a lot more to learn. [/QUOTE]

I am doing some serious research, and I believe God will lead me to whatever his will is. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. I would suggest that everybody does some serious research on this, wouldnt we feel really dumb if the Catholic church was the truth, and we spent our lives fighting against it.

God be with you through this wonderful journey that you are about to embrace with your research. May God's will be done.

To get back on track, that letter was amazing, it kind of reminds me of me and my friend. I invite him to church, but he stays up late and wont go, I give him bibles and try to read it with him, but he wont, he claims that he is Ok, because he loves God, and I think he is just too afraid to admit how far away he really is. We need to get out there and spread the Good News, theres too much at stake not to. Sorry for the long post.

Your post was a blessing to read, thank you for writing your words. I'll keep your friend in my prayers. :crossrc:

God's peace to you always,

Debbie

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NordicLutheran said:
I'm fine with the catholic church, meaning universal. I'm not fine with the romanism, and I'm sorry I even replied in the Roman catholic forum. I don't care what the roman church teaches, a church that declares one man power over scriptures, the perversion of Mary the mother of god, and indulgences. Still in effect today. I'm not coming back to this forum, I hope you can follow christ, and not romanism. Bye

God's peace to you my brother in Christ as you walk this journey of faith. You will be in prayers always and please keep me in your prayers as well. I hope that one day we will meet in heaven.

God's peace,

Debbie

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟443,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
NordicLutheran said:
I'm fine with the catholic church, meaning universal. I'm not fine with the romanism, and I'm sorry I even replied in the Roman catholic forum. I don't care what the roman church teaches, a church that declares one man power over scriptures, the perversion of mary the mother of god, and indulgences. Still in effect today. I'm not coming back to this forum, I hope you can follow christ, and not romanism. Bye

Interesting yet flawed.

Luther, your founder loved Mary......

One man [Pope] leads the sheep to UNDERSTAND scripture, not to be above it. That is how he feeds them.
[Peter....feed my sheep]

Luther understood Peter's chair too.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟443,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
NordicLutheran said:
I said I was done but came back to read and this is really the last thing i have tosay.

My dear, as I know you are ignorant to the whole fact on Indulgences, I am not going to further digress this thread.

However; before making assumptions about a subject which can be traced to an interpretative rumor, please research it.

You should look for the truth in Catholicism, and not other ppl's own brand of ideas about her.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
D'Ann said:
I fought against other faiths, not only Catholicism, but Catholicism was not on my list to learn about or research. I felt that it was a foreign faith to me because I didn't know that much about it, but I do know that I was very resistant to it.

Hi Debbie,

Your post and WarriorAngels word "ignorant" has reminded me of how totally ignorant I was about the Catholic church when I was a child. LOL.

I am from Florida, born and raised in a tourist town.
We had two kinds of people there, "real" southerners and yankees.:) The yankees were Catholic, and the southerners were mostly Baptist or non-denom. "Yankees" seemed kind of foreign to me. They talked different, they ate different food, they disappeared every summer and came back every winter, oh and they belonged to this foreign church that spoke a foreign language.:p

lol, this was the thoughts of a child, back in the 50's.:)

So I grew up thinking Catholism was something you had to be born into, and something strictly for northerners only.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.