Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Kenneth Hagin teaches that when his son was under 15 yrs of age, his son was healed of a chronic ear infection. Around the time his son was 15 the ear infection came back and would no longer yield to Hagin Sr.'s prayer for healing.

He said that the Lord told him that his son would have to use his own faith for his healing and no longer rely on his dad or his pastor to pray for his healing. That he, the son, would have to walk in his the light he had rather than depend on the efforts of others to maintain his healing.

Hagin Sr. told this to his son and had his son originate the prayer of faith and was indeed healed, as expected, and remained healed.

The question I have is this: where is this mentioned in the New Testament?

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not wof, so have to ask do you mean only from the wof viewpoint, or
anyone's viewpoint? (including YHWH'S WORD in the TORAH/ OLD TESTAMENT) And can it be posted in this section/ thread ?
I asked as a declared WOF on a WOF site. I am hoping for a WOF oriented reply.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟614,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
CLG1023... Here is the actual writing in Hagin's words...

Praying To Get Results: Chapter 1 (Page 10-11)

-----> My son, who is more than 40 years old, is an ordained minister. For the first 15 years of his life, I carried him on my faith and did his praying for him. He always received his healing. But when Ken was 15 years old, He got a severe ear infection. His ear was really hurting him and he wanted to go to the doctor. The doctor said he had an incurable fungus condition in one ear which he probably got from swimming.

Ken kept having to go back to the doctor to have his ear cleaned. The doctor said he probably would lose his hearing in that ear, and it would cause him trouble all his life. The Lord told me that He expected my boy to walk in the light of what he knew because he knew the way. The Lord said my praying wouldn't work for him anymore.

At Christmas time, I had to take Ken back to the doctor to have the fungus cleaned out of his ear again. The doctors said he couldn't go swimming anymore because the more he was around water, the faster the fungus would grow. I told my son what the Lord had told me. I told him he would have to believe God for himself. Ken looked at me, still wanting to use my faith for his healing. I told him that while I would kneel with him when he prayed, I wasn't going to pray at all; he had to pray for himself. He prayed and got his healing. Years have passed and the fungus never reappeared.

If people follow their natural inclinations, they want to remain babies and let someone else carry them. But you can pray the prayer of faith for yourself; quit saying you can't. Everywhere it says "you" in the following Scripture, insert your name: "Therefore, I say unto YOU, what things soever YOU desire, when you pray, believe that YOU receive them, and YOU shall have them" (Mark 11:24).

That's what my son did when he prayed. When we got up off our knees, he didn't have any evidence of healing. But when I asked him if he was healed, he said, 'Yes!" He said he was healed because the Bible said so.

You have to profess and believe God even though the things you desire in prayer haven't manifested yet. You have to stand your ground. If someone questions you, say you believe God heard you. Tell them you don't care what the devil says, because you believe God and His Word.

Then you'll see results!

(Part 2 follows)...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟614,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Part 2

Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible

Just plug in "your faith" and this will give you several New Testament scriptures in using (your faith) and as your knowledge increases to the truth that we ALL have been given the same measure of faith. Hagin Sr. was teaching his son to help him to grow in his own faith from the knowledge and understanding of the Word. It must have been obvious to Hagin Sr. that Jr's faith wasn't developed enough at (15) years old and at some point Hagin Jr. needed to step up and take responsibility for his own relationship with Christ.

We ALL receive the same measure of faith (same as Jesus) but we all don't operate at the same level of "the" (full) measure given by God. This begs the question! Does anyone? You can feed your spirit on God’s Word and thereby feed your faith, because God’s Word is faith food. Hagin Jr. needed to exercise his faith to develop it and cause it to grow to believe for his own healing.

You see, (Hagin Sr.) says God gets everyone started off the same way. He doesn’t give one person more faith than He gives another. He gives to every man the measure of faith. Then your faith grows according to what you do with it.

A commentor once stated that we soon discover that a life with God can’t be developed "on the fumes" of our parents’ faith or church community alone. Faith and life with God has to become something they seek and grow in maturity and believe for themselves. Hagin Jr. needed to develope and (fuel) his own faith from hearing, and hearing the Word of God. (Hebrews 11:1)

At the moment we receive Christ as our Savior, we are born again spiritually into God's family. But just as a newborn baby requires nourishing milk for growth and good development, so also a baby Christian requires spiritual food for growth. "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good" (1 Peter 2:2-3). Milk is used in the New Testament as a symbol of what is basic to the Christian life. (GotQuestions.org)

But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil (Hebrews 5:12-14). Paul saw the same problem with the Corinthian believers (1 Corinthians 3:1-3); they had not grown in their faith, and he could only give them "milk" because they were not ready for solid food. (GotQuestions.org).

Here is just a few on "growing in faith."

(2 Peter 3:18) We are commanded in Scripture to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (This growth is spiritual growth, growing in faith).

(2 Corinthians 10:15) Nor do we boast beyond certain limits in the work done by others, but we hope that as (your faith) continues to grow, our work may be greatly expanded among you according to our limits,

(2 Thessalonians 1:3 ) We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because (your faith) is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.

(Philippians 1:25) Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of (your faith).

(Colossians 2:7) Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him. Then (your faith) will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I believe that before you can have great faith,you must fully understand who you are,and what you have been given in Christ.

Romans: 8. 15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Taught from many pulpits is a Gospel of spiritual poverty :
Oh we are just worthless sinners who deserve hell!
No one is rightous No one is good.
For me I know that I have been given access to God and I am part of God's will for his Children.
I am a child of the most High and part of the kingdom forever.

Colossians: 1. 26. Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28. Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Here is the prophetic Word that give the child of God authority to have dominion over the earth.

Daniel: 7. 21. I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22. Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. 23. Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. 25. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 26. But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 27. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. 28. Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.
We must see this prophecy has been fulfilled and the saints have been given dominion over the earth once again.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CLG1023... Here is the actual writing in Hagin's words...

Praying To Get Results: Chapter 1 (Page 10-11)

-----> My son, who is more than 40 years old, is an ordained minister. For the first 15 years of his life, I carried him on my faith and did his praying for him. He always received his healing. But when Ken was 15 years old, He got a severe ear infection. His ear was really hurting him and he wanted to go to the doctor. The doctor said he had an incurable fungus condition in one ear which he probably got from swimming.

Ken kept having to go back to the doctor to have his ear cleaned. The doctor said he probably would lose his hearing in that ear, and it would cause him trouble all his life. The Lord told me that He expected my boy to walk in the light of what he knew because he knew the way. The Lord said my praying wouldn't work for him anymore.

At Christmas time, I had to take Ken back to the doctor to have the fungus cleaned out of his ear again. The doctors said he couldn't go swimming anymore because the more he was around water, the faster the fungus would grow. I told my son what the Lord had told me. I told him he would have to believe God for himself. Ken looked at me, still wanting to use my faith for his healing. I told him that while I would kneel with him when he prayed, I wasn't going to pray at all; he had to pray for himself. He prayed and got his healing. Years have passed and the fungus never reappeared.

If people follow their natural inclinations, they want to remain babies and let someone else carry them. But you can pray the prayer of faith for yourself; quit saying you can't. Everywhere it says "you" in the following Scripture, insert your name: "Therefore, I say unto YOU, what things soever YOU desire, when you pray, believe that YOU receive them, and YOU shall have them" (Mark 11:24).

That's what my son did when he prayed. When we got up off our knees, he didn't have any evidence of healing. But when I asked him if he was healed, he said, 'Yes!" He said he was healed because the Bible said so.

You have to profess and believe God even though the things you desire in prayer haven't manifested yet. You have to stand your ground. If someone questions you, say you believe God heard you. Tell them you don't care what the devil says, because you believe God and His Word.

Then you'll see results!

(Part 2 follows)...
Thank you for including the details I missed or omitted for brevity.

I think I may not have asked the question well. I will try to rephrase it.

The age of his son was 15 years and that seemed to be treated as a sort of 'age of adulthood/maturity' where an individual must/should not depend on others to do what they should now be doing for themselves. Hagin Sr. generally insists on scriptural authority so I thought there would be a set of verses that directly support the idea of the 15 yrs as an age of transition from the faith of a child to faith of a mature adult.
If there is not such a verse then what you have written does answer the question in a somewhat abstract or indirect way, which I appreciate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Part 2

Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible

Just plug in "your faith" and this will give you several New Testament scriptures in using (your faith) and as your knowledge increases to the truth that we ALL have been given the same measure of faith. Hagin Sr. was teaching his son to help him to grow in his own faith from the knowledge and understanding of the Word. It must have been obvious to Hagin Sr. that Jr's faith wasn't developed enough at (15) years old and at some point Hagin Jr. needed to step up and take responsibility for his own relationship with Christ.

We ALL receive the same measure of faith (same as Jesus) but we all don't operate at the same level of "the" (full) measure given by God. This begs the question! Does anyone? You can feed your spirit on God’s Word and thereby feed your faith, because God’s Word is faith food. Hagin Jr. needed to exercise his faith to develop it and cause it to grow to believe for his own healing.

You see, (Hagin Sr.) says God gets everyone started off the same way. He doesn’t give one person more faith than He gives another. He gives to every man the measure of faith. Then your faith grows according to what you do with it.

A commentor once stated that we soon discover that a life with God can’t be developed "on the fumes" of our parents’ faith or church community alone. Faith and life with God has to become something they seek and grow in maturity and believe for themselves. Hagin Jr. needed to develope and (fuel) his own faith from hearing, and hearing the Word of God. (Hebrews 11:1)

At the moment we receive Christ as our Savior, we are born again spiritually into God's family. But just as a newborn baby requires nourishing milk for growth and good development, so also a baby Christian requires spiritual food for growth. "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good" (1 Peter 2:2-3). Milk is used in the New Testament as a symbol of what is basic to the Christian life. (GotQuestions.org)

But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil (Hebrews 5:12-14). Paul saw the same problem with the Corinthian believers (1 Corinthians 3:1-3); they had not grown in their faith, and he could only give them "milk" because they were not ready for solid food. (GotQuestions.org).

Here is just a few on "growing in faith."

(2 Peter 3:18) We are commanded in Scripture to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (This growth is spiritual growth, growing in faith).

(2 Corinthians 10:15) Nor do we boast beyond certain limits in the work done by others, but we hope that as (your faith) continues to grow, our work may be greatly expanded among you according to our limits,

(2 Thessalonians 1:3 ) We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because (your faith) is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.

(Philippians 1:25) Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of (your faith).

(Colossians 2:7) Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him. Then (your faith) will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Hope this helps...
It is a big help --thanks

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that before you can have great faith,you must fully understand who you are,and what you have been given in Christ.

Romans: 8. 15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Taught from many pulpits is a Gospel of spiritual poverty :
Oh we are just worthless sinners who deserve hell!
No one is rightous No one is good.
For me I know that I have been given access to God and I am part of God's will for his Children.
I am a child of the most High and part of the kingdom forever.

Colossians: 1. 26. Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28. Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Here is the prophetic Word that give the child of God authority to have dominion over the earth.

Daniel: 7. 21. I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22. Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. 23. Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. 25. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 26. But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 27. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. 28. Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.
We must see this prophecy has been fulfilled and the saints have been given dominion over the earth once again.

Thank you for your response addressing great faith and the prophetic word given.
I have been attempting to acquaint myself with WOF concepts. I have mostly attended AG churches but none that were even close to what Hagin pastored or preached at.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟614,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think I may not have asked the question well. I will try to rephrase it.

The age of his son was 15 years and that seemed to be treated as a sort of 'age of adulthood/maturity' where an individual must/should not depend on others to do what they should now be doing for themselves. Hagin Sr. generally insists on scriptural authority so I thought there would be a set of verses that directly support the idea of the 15 yrs as an age of transition from the faith of a child to faith of a mature adult.

If there is not such a verse then what you have written does answer the question in a somewhat abstract or indirect way, which I appreciate.

I think the best way to answer that is to say this... There is NO "age of accountability" identified in the Word of God, as such. There is nothing in the Bible that says, "Here is the age of accountability and from here on... you are responsible!" I would say this... "to REACH accountability (any age) refers to the time in a person's life when he or she is capable of making a decision whether to trust Jesus Christ for their healing as Hagin Sr noted about his son." Hagin Sr. had discernment from God that (JR.) was ready for more maturity in His faith. In all cases God (alone) knows when that occurs."

Thank you for your question CGL1023... and please understand that all visitors, guests, and non-members may come here in Word/Faith to fellowship, or even make comments to our posts and ask questions as yeshuaslavejeff may have attempted to do.

With that being said... all visitors, guests, and non-members are not to teach, or debate here, nor teach/debate against the beliefs of WOF, nor against the leaders/teachers of this group.

It's noted that your initial post (as written)... left it open for any visitor or guest to share their thoughts on the non-word/faith subject. Please give them the courtesy to at least respond. If anyone gets out of line and drifts in the area of challenging our beliefs, we do have on-line forum monitor members watching over this site. Thank you for understanding.

Be Blessed to be a BLESSING...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed that the true Word of Faith teaching is getting thinned out with some offshoot Churches.
Hagins teaching is no longer at the core,some of the Churches who mildly claim WOF ARE more like entertainment shows.
Most people do not understand how fundamental our teaching is.
We have some good ones out there still,Wommack,Duplantis,and Prince to name
A few.
True WOF people are not compromising God's Word.

Upvote 0