A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Verdict...

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The governor is suing. NY lost its House seat by 89 residents.

Trump ended the census count early. He intimidated perhaps millions of immigrants from participating.

I think he has a case.

Are you referring to illegals? They aren't residents, and shouldn't be participating anyway.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The governor is suing. NY lost its House seat by 89 residents.

Trump ended the census count early. He intimidated perhaps millions of immigrants from participating.

I think he has a case.
Ehhhh, methinks not.....
https://www.naswnc.org/news/530549/Supreme-Court-Rules-to-End-2020-Census-Early.htm
Yesterday SCOTUS issued an order setting aside a lower court order that extended the 2020 Census through October 31, 2020, allowing the Trump administration to end counting soon. Last night, the Census Bureau issued an operations update stating that Census collection will end on October 15, 2020.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do not believe these freelance vigilantes are "good guys with guns."

They are uninvited anarchists. Hopefully they are not also racists--but experience has shown us many are.

If an "auto dealership" asked a 17 year old out of stater to protect their property he should have been stationed in front of the property, not wandering around killing and paralyzing people.

The dealership is exactly where he was when he had to shoot someone who was being a thug. That's when other people went after him and he tried getting away from them and was forced to shoot 2 more who attacked him as he made his way toward the police. You really should watch the video sometime. There's a complete video that shows and explains exactly what happened at each point. Go to Youtube and do a search for the video titled:
Second-By-Second Breakdown Of The Deadly Kenosha, Wis., Shooting By Teen | NBC News NOW
I didn't post a link since it's an age-restricted video that requires being signed in.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,773.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are alternative theories in every trial. Some are very creative.

I don't believe for a minute that the dealership authorized this troubled teen from Illinois to handle security. And killing to protect property (as you allege) is overreaction and uncalled for.

If the real police did not consider him a dangerous nuisance they would have given him a way to call for backup.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Are you referring to illegals? They aren't residents, and shouldn't be participating anyway.

He attempted to have citizenship included on the questions, but he lost that battle, so...

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The article I posted was in relation to a theory I had read that postulated that desegregation was the principal motivator in the Religious Right's 40-year strategic alliance with the Republican Party, and that the "sexual sins" that were long presumed to be the Religious Right's motivation in turning "right" had, in actuality, never bothered them in the 1970's.

This theory, which I mentioned without stating whether I agreed with it or not, can perhaps explain the 300 plus voter suppression bills filed by the Republican Party after the 2020 election.

The "sexual sin" you alluded to is a very minor part of the article, notable only by the statement that it was not a motivator in the partnership of the Religious Right and the Republican Party-- and without any mention whatsoever of its rightness or wrongness.

Please note that I also expressed no opinion, pro-or-con, on that minor part of the story.

I stated the theory, and when someone expressed hearty skepticism about it, I decided to share the article where I had read about the theory.

Again, this has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
MOD HAT ON

All, please remain on topic to the OP. There is a considerable amount of discussion, some of which is deviating from the main topic at hand, and Staff would like to keep that discussion going without having to do a mass cleanup. I'm posting the rule for reference:

Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic

Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0