Chesster

Jul 30, 2004
Virginia
✟150,817.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would like to think that the Bishops are so concerned with the salvation of souls that they intend on driving home the importance of the proper dispositions for receiving the Holy Eucharist; for everyone not just politicians. This has nothing to do with political ideologies or weaponizing the Eucharist, it has everything to do with saving souls. Scripture says, “add not sin upon sin” (Ecclus 5:5). All who receive the Holy Eucharist in a state of mortal sin are just adding more sin on top of sin, it’s terrible. St Alphonsus tells us, “he who receives the Holy Communion with a conscience laden with mortal sin, receives Jesus Christ but not His grace; on the contrary, he merits the malediction of Jesus Christ and according to the Apostle, he receives the sentence of his own condemnation; because he is guilty of a most enormous sacrilege. 'He eateth and drinketh judgement to himself' (1 Cor 11:29)". This is the teaching of the Church it cannot be altered or reinterpreted to be less offensive.

I hate to think of unrepentant sinners going to judgement. It pains me to see someone joyfully proclaiming so-and-so is now roasting in hell because of all the evil things they did. Every lost soul is someone Jesus suffered and died for in vain. God said, “For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, says the Lord God. Turn, then, and live.” (Ezek 18:32). God never stops loving them but they will never love God in return, it’s sad. We should all pray for those in mortal sin to repent and change their ways not just for their own salvation but also for God.