California
✟11,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This whole Jesus tomb thing was very negative for me. I never really believed it but it was an example of how the devil can work to drive us from our faith.

I read the article while at work about a week ago and it was really negative. It made me feel lousy.

I read in a Biblical commentary that the book of Mark was written about 20 years after Jesus was resurrected. John Mark was a friend of Peters and wrote down the stories Peter told.

I think we can have faith in our scriptures. That's why they've lasted 2000 years. Now I know why people say "The Bible says it and I believe it - that settles it".

It took me a while to get to this point of mustard seed faith. I can't afford to have it rocked everytime the mainstream media writes another smear story. I guess I need to learn discernment.

Upvote 0

SBHabakuk

Mar 6, 2007
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is said- that what a man seeketh in his heart that he shall find- WHo are these men, these misfits- these so-called leaders of men I tell you they are blind leaders

For yea they have found what is the desire of their souls- let them rejoice in their discoveries- for it it will become a heavy thing to them- a bitterness of thought and a rabid cipher

You my brothers become strong, silent and smaller- for even the Kingdom of Heaven is compared to the smallest and most insignificant of seeds- The Mustard seed-
KNOW THIS- that the kingdom of heaven cannot be grasped not by powers or principalities in this system of things not by haughty or malicious men surely
for it is within you and without you.

A tomb where Jesus lies-Hollywood can never influence Christianity- it is the other way around we influence Hollywood- another ieodolon for the holographic psyche of modern man-They sought what was vain so what is the result of their searh if it is not vanity
KNOW this all you LIttle Ones- Christ did not receive as we receive- he receive an holy unction- and he took them by stealth- they saw as they perceived for none who where there called him Jesus of Bethlehem- it is of Nazareth they proclaimed (Let the Wise understand)

I heard this fool of a man on TV speak of Galileo saying the earth was round- Galileo at least knew his Bible- for it is written-
God sits on the Circle of the earth and he spreads out the heavens like his tent - Isiah

become aware of the ungoing trend to disqualify Christianity to confuse as at Babel - to scientify what is not science
Do not fight it my little ones- for They world has become beset by LEGIONS-
The Time of the Unveiling is near and Elijah presses to his bidding- He will come as Malachi predicted to set right. Have no fear- Christ be glorified in every action taken

Upvote 0

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I suspect most of us consider the "documentary" to be completely bogus, I watched it because I knew that in my day to day interactions with pre-believers, I'd run into some that are wholly convinced by the program. I wrote my impressions of it in my BLOG Monday night. Ironically enough, on Wednesday I read in Scientific American a lot of what I pondered being asked (just for the record, I don't think they 'stole' my blog! LOL).

Today I read a link posted on the Drudge Report that Discovery Channel has canceled future rebroadcasts of the program although it was the highest rated program in quite some time.

I also saw this article on Christianity Today (today!).

Upvote 0

athleta4life

Mar 12, 2007
✟7,837.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
haha...man...its true. theyve been trying to prove christianity fake for so long, sad really. and i agree with whoever said why would the disciples give thier lives for a false thing. ive always thought that. nobody would give thier life away for a lie...be pretty dumb really.

Upvote 0

HumbleUnderdog

Mar 28, 2006
✟9,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Tombers claim that Jesus must have resurrected spiritually, and ascended to heaven spiritually, and not bodily. I find it hard to believe that over 500 people were eyewitnesses to something that would have been invisible.

Also, the 'scholar' that they relied on to help out with their "research", says that christianity holds the position that Jesus suddenly magicly vanished into thin air. He said that at the beginning of the documentary, the rest of the documentary was just like that. They also misquoted scripture a couple times.

Upvote 0