"A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts."

What's your thoughts on the subject?

• I drink and I do not think badly about it.

• I do not drink and I frown upon such activities.

• Other (Please post and explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Disclaimer: The title uses the term "man" as "person." It doesn't only apply to men.)

Hello all Young Adultians.. I have a question about alcohol. What's the general concensus on the subject? Good? Bad? Fine in moderation? Completely sinful?

I must admit.. I really enjoy beer. I like the tastes, I like the feels, etc; I like beer.

Sooo.. Im just wondering what the Christian thought process is about alcohol and those of us that enjoy it.

Also included is a general poll.. Feel free to vote if you would like. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance.

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with alcohol, I never have. I like beer, I like other stuff. I think its fine as long as its in moderation, just like anything else. But I don't think that alcohol is in just evil on its own. I know I probably shouldn't even be drinking because I am underage, but I figure if I am old enough to vote, the government can take my money, then I am old enough to drink. Besides, I think I am more mature then some of the 21 years olds that are allowed to drink, oh well.

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
i drink every so often (it ends up being once a month or so, but once a week would be fine too) and I do not get drunk or enjoy being around drunk people or glorifying the experience of being drunk. my father was an alcoholic so i stay very aware of how much I'm ingesting. I'm a wuss drinker too. I like Manischewitz wines because they're basically sweet juice with a kick. I don't like normal wines, beer (the smell is associated with bad feelings and memories and, well, it tastes like junk ;)), or hard liquors straight up. I'm a fruity chick all the way. Give me Sex on the Beach or a Hairy Navel any day.

Upvote 0
Mar 19, 2004
Canada
✟43,750.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
i drink every so often (it ends up being once a month or so, but once a week would be fine too) and I do not get drunk or enjoy being around drunk people or glorifying the experience of being drunk. my father was an alcoholic so i stay very aware of how much I'm ingesting. I'm a wuss drinker too. I like Manischewitz wines because they're basically sweet juice with a kick. I don't like normal wines, beer (the smell is associated with bad feelings and memories and, well, it tastes like junk ;)), or hard liquors straight up. I'm a fruity chick all the way. Give me Sex on the Beach or a Hairy Navel any day.
I like fruity drinks too :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool everyone, thanks for the replies so far. Keep em coming.

I used to be a fruit drink guy.. I didnt like the taste of beer . IDK what happened, but I tried it again back in November and it wasn't as bad, and then after a couple weekends, I really liked the taste. I actually look around for new beer to try and taste. Its cool.

Anyway, I only drink usually on weekends.. sometimes not even every weekend. I dont do it to get drunk.. I do it for a buzz and because I enjoy the tastes.. :D

Upvote 0

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I voted: I do not drink and I frown upon such activities

I do not believe drinking is sinful, I just believe it is more safe and wise to be absent from all drinking. Although some individuals can drink and never become alcoholics, I believe it is better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks for posting. I noticed a few people voted that answer and didn't say anything. :sigh: I hear ya on the rather be safe than sorry. I take that approach to many things in life. As for drinking.. I stayed away from it all through high school and stuff, but oh well. It's not as bad as I thought it was.. :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
E

Everlasting33

Thanks for posting. I noticed a few people voted that answer and didn't say anything. :sigh: I hear ya on the rather be safe than sorry. I take that approach to many things in life. As for drinking.. I stayed away from it all through high school and stuff, but oh well. It's not as bad as I thought it was.. :sorry:

Whenever I see a drinking thread, I will almost always post! :p I am very outspoken and adament on the topic, mainly because my father is an alcoholic and I have seen the many negative effects of alcohol. I am truly grateful that I have never gone down that path, because many children of alcoholics do. I understand most people (even my sisters) are not as adament about alcohol as I am. :blush:

Upvote 0

Zoomer

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟12,330.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think alcohol is fine in moderation. I look at it like I do sweets....a little isn't going to hurt you, but overdoing can become a bad thing. I enjoy a glass of wine on the holidays, and a few times a month with dinner. I also enjoy getting a mixed drink when I go out to eat, which is maybe once every few months. We do keep some alcohol in our home but a bottle of vodka and kahlua (for white russians) lasts us the entire year.

Upvote 0

pepperfish

Feb 24, 2007
Pennsylvania
✟9,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I voted "other".

I don't drink...but I don't necessarily frown upon ALL drinking. I personally don't see any point in it, and will most likely continue to not drink even when I'm legally allowed to (as if the law stops the majority of underage kids from drinking...). But I don't really care if others drink; that's their decision, and I really shouldn't be judging them...although I can't help disapproving strongly of those who do set out to get drunk. (I'm a big fan of being in control of my actions hehe).

Upvote 0
S

simmeringabsolute

I voted: I do not drink and I frown upon such activities

I do not believe drinking is sinful, I just believe it is more safe and wise to be absent from all drinking. Although some individuals can drink and never become alcoholics, I believe it is better to be safe than sorry.

I voted the same and think sort of the same. Alcohol seems like a negative thing to me in principle. Even if someone would never become "drunk," people claim that even a single drink affects them (my former coworkers have used it as an excuse to avoid working late when something came up, and the excuse was readily accepted by supervisors). I just prefer to not have alcohol in my life, although I will toast at weddings. A girl drinking is a HUGE turn off to me.

Upvote 0