• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A cry out for help fighting masturbation

Archandy88

Jul 7, 2012
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 24, never had a real relationship with a girl, and I'm fighting some terrible temptations. I've struggled with masturbation since high school and throughout my current years in college. Prior to September of 2011, I had been increasing how often I look at inappropriate content and touch, and it seemed that I would never be able to stop. Think of an exponential curve, as in over time it was getting worse and worse and worse and worse...etc. And then, by an act that I can only attribute to God, I started hanging out with a girl that I had known for a while. If memory serves, it was that very Sunday at Church where we stayed after the service and just talked for an hour, when I found I had no urges to touch. Though she was just out of a bad relationship and we decided to be just friends (we ended up becoming "officially unofficial" for a couple months before she moved, and left the state) I went for about 9 months without looking for inappropriate content and falling into temptation as I had been doing previously. Then she moved back home. Though this could develop into an entirely different confession, I'd like to stay on track. You can probably guess what happened next. I'm back in that same place I was in before we started hanging out. I'm able to go a few days without masturbating but when I do fall again, it's more than once a day. I've read some of the other forums and I know that one of the best things to do aside from prayer, is to find someone to be accountable to. I find this idea to be terrifying. No one but God knows of my problem until now, and I can't imagine telling someone face-to-face. Please pray that I'm able to confront this fear of accountability and that I will trust in God to strengthen me again.

-Andy

Conchobar

Jul 4, 2012
Wichita Kansas
✟7,921.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Andy, it may help you to realize that none of your voluntary actions and behaviors occur without your consent. God gave you authority over your life.

Focus on the long term desire - You will build magnificent self-control by taming the beast; sexual desire.

Kind regards,
Jeff

Upvote 0

Fowler

Nov 20, 2008
✟15,547.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello!
God Bless you!
In my case prayers and cold shower helped me a lot. Every morning, with no pity to one's flesh rush under cold water with prayers. Start from 2 mins, than 3 and so on untill you reach 10. Every morning and every night! Feel no mercy to flesh! I am 21 and willing to be your accountability partner. Pm me if u want!
Bless!

Upvote 0

Sharon10

Feb 25, 2012
✟15,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Andy,
I was a slave to this sexual sin for 8 miserable years, though I was raised in a Christian home and went to church. One day, I decided that whatever I heard in church about victory over sin seemed like theory to me and decided to quit Christianity. It was at that point in my life, when Jesus Christ intervened in my life and led me to online ministry Setting Captives Free. I took up the 60 day interactive course - Way of Purity and the Lord Jesus COMPLETELY set me free from the sin of masturbation. Totally set free by the power of the Holy Spirit. They have mentors who pray for you and counsel you. These online courses are free to join. I would be glad to help Christians who are struggling with this sin in the area of accountability. Pl feel free to write to me.

Sharon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums