Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey brethren. Over the past week I received confirmation, regarding the necessity of getting out of the way for God to circumcise my wife's heart and tear down the walls she's built around it. However, I also realized that he needs to circumcise my own. With all of this fixation on my wife I've only been half-heartedly focusing on my heart before God. I realized that while trials come from the hand of God to mold our faith, and bring our likeness into that of Jesus Christ, more personally my heart needed to be circumcised from fixating so much on her, and rather re-position to focus on the Lord.

Have some of you come to the same conclusion? Maybe in different ways? I'd love to hear about your own situations as well. ^_^

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey brethren. Over the past week I received confirmation, regarding the necessity of getting out of the way for God to circumcise my wife's heart and tear down the walls she's built around it. However, I also realized that he needs to circumcise my own. With all of this fixation on my wife I've only been half-heartedly focusing on my heart before God. I realized that while trials come from the hand of God to mold our faith, and bring our likeness into that of Jesus Christ, more personally my heart needed to be circumcised from fixating so much on her, and rather re-position to focus on the Lord.

Have some of you come to the same conclusion? Maybe in different ways? I'd love to hear about your own situations as well. ^_^
Yes, Paul says that it's the circumcision of the heart that counts; and in Romans he develops the doctrine of repentance; these are very wholesome considerations. Keep praying! (are you able to pray and read God's Word with your wife?)

Upvote 0

ChristopherK

Jun 2, 2017
New York
✟13,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Unfortunately not right now. She's very closed off from me, and doesn't trust me with her heart and emotions, but I'm striving to gain her trust again. The difference is that I'm not focusing on that being the reason for my motives, but instead becoming more in line w/ God's will instead of my own.

My wife exposed herself to an emotional affair w/ a man from work after I put her through a couple years of theological debates about salvation, reformed theology, Pentecostalism, etc. It just caused her to feel left behind and not validated by me, which I've taken full responsibility for since her first mention of separation 8 months ago. We are still together, and though she still mentioned separation last Monday, I believe God is taking me to a place of deeper understanding with why He's putting us through this. He also has me out of the way now from trying to speak to my wife and convince her about us so now He could be the One who breaks her heart before Him. Please pray for that.

Upvote 0