✟15,536.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I am an avid watcher and blogger of non-league football in the UK, and with no sport being played due to COVID19, I have started a series of interviews with players who have interesting stories to tell.

I was delighted to be able to interview a young Christian defender named George Essuman on his experiences in the game, and how his faith has helped him to deal with the challenges he's faced in sport and life.

As someone raised in the church, who loves sport, I found George's honesty hugely refreshing, and some of his messaging really positive. I am posting it here in the hope that some people might find it interesting, and that it might generate some conversation around faith in sport.

Player Interviews – George Essuman

I'm not 100% certain that I'm posting this in the right forum, so if not, please could an admin move it to a more suitable location?

Thanks,
GRTourist

Reactions: Jamsie

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Player Interviews – George Essuman

I'm not 100% certain that I'm posting this in the right forum, so if not, please could an admin move it to a more suitable location?
Thanks,
GRTourist

Excellent point for us all... “no, I haven’t, because I haven’t lived how I should. I’ve been a Christian my whole life, but it’s only during quarantine that I’ve realised I have to live my faith as a personal thing, in every part of my life – like I had been hearing the words, but I wasn’t applying them.”

Upvote 0