Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello. I have a dear friend who put her 18 year old on the Pill recently. After questioning her, she tells me why :

1. 'Our American Culture is such that they are going to have sex regardless of right or wrong' . She doesnt want her daughter to get pregnant and she doesnt want to help raise a child out of wedlock.

2. 'A boy today wont give the time of day to a girl who doesnt put out when in a committed dating relationship ' . She thinks the Pill is a way to keep the Guy around so her daughter can have a relationship with someone she likes alot.

I explained to her that she is enabling her daughter to have frequent sex which means increasing the daughters chance of getting an STD and that we currently have a national STD epidemic of approx. 39 STD's shared among 65,000,000 adult Americans with 15,000,000 new cases added yearly . SHe says that her daughter is fully aware of the dangers behind STD's because theyve showed them videos at school and the daughter knows what they look like and which ones are permanent for life.

I explained to her that she is giving a green light to violate Gods loving moral mandates on sexual boundaries. She said 'they are going to do it regardless' .

What do you have to say if you are a Christian Parent in this culture of uncontrolled hyper-sexuality ? Thanks.

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Actually, when they showed me the videos of STDs at school, I didn't watch them. I was there, but I never actually looked at the screen.

To me, the pill is an enabler. Unless you have some kind of medical condition where it's required, you shouldn't be giving it to your children. I had to be on it for treatment of PCOS, but I wasn't diagnosed until I was in college.

Upvote 0

vocalyocal

Dec 23, 2012
✟833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello. I have a dear friend who put her 18 year old on the Pill recently. After questioning her, she tells me why :

1. 'Our American Culture is such that they are going to have sex regardless of right or wrong' . She doesnt want her daughter to get pregnant and she doesnt want to help raise a child out of wedlock.

2. 'A boy today wont give the time of day to a girl who doesnt put out when in a committed dating relationship ' . She thinks the Pill is a way to keep the Guy around so her daughter can have a relationship with someone she likes alot.

I explained to her that she is enabling her daughter to have frequent sex which means increasing the daughters chance of getting an STD and that we currently have a national STD epidemic of approx. 39 STD's shared among 65,000,000 adult Americans with 15,000,000 new cases added yearly . SHe says that her daughter is fully aware of the dangers behind STD's because theyve showed them videos at school and the daughter knows what they look like and which ones are permanent for life.

I explained to her that she is giving a green light to violate Gods loving moral mandates on sexual boundaries. She said 'they are going to do it regardless' .

What do you have to say if you are a Christian Parent in this culture of uncontrolled hyper-sexuality ? Thanks.

I'm surprised you didn't tell her to have the boyfriend touch before the date, maybe she could have phone sex with this young man before the date, that way she would not sin by having real sex with him, and she would remain as pure a bright new flower,

maybe he could just use a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] on her instead that way too they would not really be having sex, and both would remain sexually moral and not be sinning...........of course this is your crazy notion of what constitutes sex and what sex really is

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
People shouldn't have sex out of wedlock. It's sad that these days people don't see marriage as sacred anymore.

It is, and when sex out of marriage is endorsed by a christian Parent, it is even more sad.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, if the parent found out that her daughter had already become sexually active, she realize that the chicken was not going back into the egg. I don't fault her for doing what she thought was best for her daughter.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, if the parent found out that her daughter had already become sexually active, she realize that the chicken was not going back into the egg. I don't fault her for doing what she thought was best for her daughter.

That way of thinking might line up with the Worlds philosophy..but...it shouldnt for genuine Christian Parents with their teen because if you toss Birth Control Pills to your Teen then you are saying its ok to commit sexual immorality and you dont have to obey Gods loving protective moral mandate regarding sex (or really any other thing) . Further, it makes the Teen see that Moms commitment to God is very shallow and superficial if Mom is willing to give a credit-card for sexual sinning . Lastly, Birth Control Pills dont prevent getting an STD --oftentimes for life-- since we are in a dangerous national STD epidemic currently ....which may even ruin her chances of getting married down the road. Additionally, the Pill doesnt protect against devastating emotional fallout from being used nor is it a 100% safeguard against pregnancy. Finally, the Teen herself knows that keeping a new B/F by dishing out sex isnt right .. and in reality wont keep the Boy around for long because of the Cultures pre-programmed sexual hedonism for enjoyment. Most of all, the Mother and Daughter will heap up condemnation from God in making this very poor Godless choice , either in this life or certainly on Judgement Day.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The pill is also used for managing monthly pain, so the topic is only one angle of the decision. The Pill is hormone-based, and used for people whose hormones are off balance.

But we also need to look at this from the standpoint of you being a man, and her daughter being a woman. If a woman gets pregnant while they are trying to pursue college, the chances are very low that they will complete a degree, or even find a job with potential for advancement.

Having a baby can add medical complications (including death), and delay a career indefinitely. It is much more of a sacrifice for the mother than the father, partially due to how society views responsibility. The cost of day care is often more than she is able to net hourly. That delays her ability to provide for her child.

It would be wonderful if everyone lived perfectly and all men resisted the temptation, but the assumed rates of intimate activity are inevitably higher than statistics. And even worse statistics are the unreported acquaintance rapes that people endure.

200 thousand reported sexual assaults per year, US
67% sexual assaults by a familiar person
38% of rapists are familiar people

The daughter is 18 and legally able to visit the doctor on her own, and make this decision on her own.

I think there would be a lot less irresponsible activity when kids are not afraid their parents will get high blood pressure over discussing the topic. A parent needs to care about their child -- love them enough to teach them HOW to manage difficult situations, instead of just teaching to not do it. There are two people in a relationship.

There is such a high percentage of women who give in when they hadn't planned to, out of fear of what their boyfriend would say.

nor is it a 100% safeguard against pregnancy.
True.
Statistics | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Now the other issue -- it is a pharmaceutical that can cause heart and kidney problems, among other things.

And the other issue -- this should be kept private between the mother and daughter, and not tossed around social and religious circles. The poor girl! The world does not need to know what medications she is taking.

Upvote 0