Middle of Nowhere
✟28,947.00
Country
Monaco
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I grew up in a Christian home since birth and I've been a follower of Jesus for 43 years. But there's one thing in my childhood that was very strange that I've never questioned out loud... It happened twice and I'm still questioning what was it?

One I was in the dining room, I must have been about 3-4 years old. My parents enter the room and they kiss, but they change form into what looked like human sized big foot, all dark brown and furry. I blinked my eyes and they were back in human form.

The second time it happened was I was in bed and my mother (& father) came in to tuck me in goodnight and the lights were on, a bedside lamp and ceiling light. And again I saw my mother turn into a human sized furry bigfoot creature before I blinked again and she was back in human form.

What was that? I've always wondered. Did I see something in the spiritual realm?

I have a follow up to this and will talk about it after some feedback, perhaps someone has insight or a word of knowledge about what happened.

NOTE: I don't believe in aliens or UFO's or any nonsense like that, but I am miffed at what I witnessed as a very young child.

• Wow
Reactions: Mark Quayle

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My hunch is, I think it was a variation in visual processing. If they decreased in frequency as you got older, that would be normal.
One of those times, you were half asleep, the other time coming to dinner was an awesome moment no doubt, especially realising that your parents had their own mysterious life.
I would be standing on a kerb and occasionally feel (momentarily) that I was looking down at a double decker bus, when i was in that age group.
I would often feel I was shaking or shrinking or growing bigger, I always knew there wasn't a problem, I was just coolly noting the contrast in sensations (I was called a little boffin).
I've read about other people reminiscing about similar things from their early days.
In my 30s with a bad viral attack I occasionally didn't see moving traffic, just a series of still pictures lasting some seconds each.
As I'm slightly dyslexic occasionally my foot disappears momentarily from view when I'm looking down, if I'm run down.
Also I daresay migraines can take any of those forms (there isn't always pain).
It's actually totally normal for anyone to seem to "see" a spider at almost any time when it's something else.
I do think eyewitness accounts are reliable because we human beings are very feet-on-the ground! (Sometimes one has to look through tears, or rain.)

Upvote 0

-=H=-

Dec 7, 2020
Middle of Nowhere
✟28,947.00
Country
Monaco
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My hunch is, I think it was a variation in visual processing. If they decreased in frequency as you got older, that would be normal.
One of those times, you were half asleep, the other time coming to dinner was an awesome moment no doubt, especially realising that your parents had their own mysterious life.
I would be standing on a kerb and occasionally feel (momentarily) that I was looking down at a double decker bus, when i was in that age group.
I would often feel I was shaking or shrinking or growing bigger, I always knew there wasn't a problem, I was just coolly noting the contrast in sensations (I was called a little boffin).
I've read about other people reminiscing about similar things from their early days.
In my 30s with a bad viral attack I occasionally didn't see moving traffic, just a series of still pictures lasting some seconds each.
As I'm slightly dyslexic occasionally my foot disappears momentarily from view when I'm looking down, if I'm run down.
Also I daresay migraines can take any of those forms (there isn't always pain).
It's actually totally normal for anyone to seem to "see" a spider at almost any time when it's something else.
I do think eyewitness accounts are reliable because we human beings are very feet-on-the ground! (Sometimes one has to look through tears, or rain.)

Interesting. The first one was midday or late afternoon, the second I remember being awake as the lights were bright in the room.

You could be right about the migraine connection as I started having those when I was in my mid to late teens. Although this was nothing like a migraine at the time as it was a full visual head to toe. It shocked me so much I blinked.

Something less mysterious and kinda freaked me out momentarily was when I was first visiting the USA when I was 17, we had just taken off from DFW and had reached cruising altitude (I'm a pilot and aviation is in my family), I literally saw the back of my eyeball, the optic nerve and all the veins etc radiating out. It freaked me out at the moment, and thankfully when I blinked my vision came back to normal. When I got back to my home country at the time I spoke with my doc or optometrist and he said oh yeah, that is normal, the light can refract in the eye at a certain angle and cause you to see the back of your eyeball. It was freaky but cool at the same time, I'll never forget it.

Upvote 0