✟15,992.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A Challenge:

To all Christians, the two major Prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah, each has their own style and their own message.  I would like to challenge everyone who reads this thread to give an opinion on the writtings of either Isaiah or Jeremiah.  I've read Isaiah and currently I'm in Jeremiah, so I'd to hear what people have to say about them, so I'd be giving some views also. :)

So Until then God Bless. :holy:

Singleman

Alone but not really
Mar 6, 2003
Rocky Mountains
✟7,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, there's a lot to be said, given that these two books are among the longest in the OT (Jeremiah is actually the longest book in the Bible, if you go by word count rather than by the number of chapters). I'll make only a few points. We probably know more of these prophets' personal life than we do of most of the others. Jeremiah, particularly, is a vivid personality, full of doubts but remaining faithful to his calling. I probably enjoy reading Isaiah more, mostly due to the hopeful Messianic passages, which are moving and powerful. Also, I believe one man wrote the entire prophecy, probably over a long period of time. Some of the greatest verses in the OT come from these two books (e.g., Is. 40:27-31; Jer. 31:33-34). And both speak of judgment, chastisement, and ultimate restoration. The main theme of both books is that God loves His chosen ones and will eventually reconcile them to Himself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.