Moreau, New York
✟23,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, my friend, for the useful video. But I don't know how much it'll help Protestants when Catholic vernacular Masses are much like Protestant services. That's because a committee invented the vernacular one to be ecumenical to non-Catholics. The liturgy you show us came out in 1970. But the Traditional Latin one, the only one I attend with a clear conscience, is the only one non-Catholics should see when the ecumenical rite is too Protestant-like. The new rite of Mass misleads people because it's Protestantized.

Why do I tell you it only seems Catholic? Because Michael Matt, the editor of The Remnant Newspaper, visited an Anglican church in England, where someone said they use the new Catholic liturgy because it's compatible with Anglican theology.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am one of those Catholics who still have some interest in Corpus Christi Day celebrations.
Am I the only one of that sort of Catholics here?

:)

No, I think there are quite a few. Including myself; I am not Roman Catholic but I support the Roman Catholic Church and also Western Rite Orthodoxy (and also Eastern Catholicism and the recent phenomenon of Byzantine Rite Anglicanism) and wish you a blessed Corpus Christi.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am one of those Catholics who still have some interest in Corpus Christi Day celebrations.
Am I the only one of that sort of Catholics here?

:)
We have a street procession every Feast of Corpus Christi. Our pastor was talking about letting the community know about the Real Presence of Jesus and said he would like to get the other two parishes bordering on our lake to go all the way around the lake (where one procession ends the other parish would take over.) I haven't walked around our lake in a long time but remember it took me three and a half hours and a procession might be five hours in totality. One nice thing we do is stop along the way of the procession at some houses of Catholics, using their yards to stop and pray.

Reactions: Red Gold
Upvote 0