A call to gamers who want to evangelize

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
<contact me via PM for the web address> is a free RPG.

If you play it, you can evangelize! The limiting factor in evangelism is always contacting others. In Runescape.com, you can contact thousands.

I run around the world, and any time I see other players, I say,"God is real! Jesus is LORD! sometimes it starts a conversation about God. Even if a conversation isn't started, it can make some people think.

Last edited by a moderator:

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
interesting, when I used to play RS, I'd just bot lyrics of a Christian song, I'd eventually get tons of PM's saying, "are you Christian?", "Does God really love me?", "How do I become saved?" etc.

If my memeory serves me right, I helped save atleast 72 people.

Still, I think it's better to evangelize outside of a game. Gamer evangelism isn't really all that great.
1.) you and that person aren't actually having face to face verbal communication.
2.) when typing you can slip up, get interupted.
3.) there is always the ignore option
4.) Talking is faster than typing
5.) face to face contact is scientificly proven to be more beneficial then over the internet contact.
6.) They don't have an armada of websites at their disposal if it turns into a debate.
7.) Gamers don't really talk about religious belifs.
8.) Gamers are mostly corrupt peope with corrupt morals and values.

There are plenty of other reasons why to evangelize in person rather than in a game.

Upvote 0

jonrgrover

Mar 19, 2018
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
✟15,972.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still, I think it's better to evangelize outside of a game. Gamer evangelism isn't really all that great.
1.) you and that person aren't actually having face to face verbal communication.
5.) face to face contact is scientificly proven to be more beneficial then over the internet contact.
6.) They don't have an armada of websites at their disposal if it turns into a debate.

There are plenty of other reasons why to evangelize in person rather than in a game.

This is not true for tabletop role playing games. In tabletop role playing games, you are face to face. You spend a lot of time together. The game can include Biblical principles. You are talking with each other. having fun together can lead to deeper relationships. People with autism may be easier to reach in a structured setting. Religion is a significant part of many fantasy role playing games. Corrupted people with corrupted values need Jesus even more. It is the Holy Spirit that does the real work.

Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gamer evangelism isn't really all that great.

You've made interesting points here, but I still think this can be a modestly fruitful mission field. You've actually made the case for me. Gamers are mostly corrupt people with corrupt morals and values. Aren't these the ones we should be trying to reach?

Generous in game behaviors stand out among gamers. Being encouraging and patient in game challenges my Witness and has yielded some pretty fruitful interactions for me. Say some guy curses you out for screwing up and you respond with humility instead of getting angry. Other players see that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums